PDA

View Full Version : My aunt commented on my hair...

Loreley
May 20th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Today my aunt visited me. She arrived when I was washing my hair and I told her I'd be ready in five minutes. Then I came out of the bathroom with a towel turban on my head. I grabbed my comb and let my hair down, starting to detangle it in front of the mirror.
My aunt said: "OMG, do you want to get into the Guinness Book of World Records?"
Me: "Why, what do you mean?"
Auntie: "Your hair! It's so long! Do you ever trim it?"
Me: "Of course, monthly."
Auntie: :agape:

I think by trimming she meant at least an inch, not microtrims. :redgrin:
I'm still trying to figure out if it was a compliment or she doesn't like my hair. I think it was the latter. She prefers usual things in my opinion. :rolleyes:

весна
May 20th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Maybe she was very surprised with your length. Besides, what do you care if someone else thinks about your hair when it's on your head and you take care of it. ;D

sunnydays
May 20th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Yours is amazingly long.

Ashenputtel
May 20th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I think she was a bit clumsy and suprised. Your hair is quite out of the ordinary (in a good way).

Arya
May 20th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Conform!! Conform!! Why would you want to be unusual when you could be average?!?!?

*sigh*

Jean Stuart
May 20th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I would take it as a compliment either way. you knocked her socks off.

Dark Queen
May 20th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Take it as a compliment. Not everyone has hair long enough to get such a reaction :D. Smile and say "thanks!"

spidermom
May 20th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I'd take it as a compliment, too. Congratulations!

A lot of people don't understand the draw of long hair, though; that's for sure. I talked about my length goal with some co-workers once, and they couldn't imagine why anybody would want to mess with yards of hair when there are so many cute cuts and styles available. I can't explain why; I just do (want to mess with yards of hair).

jojo
May 20th, 2011, 05:51 PM
A definite compliment! I live on LHC and id be gob smacked too in seeing your hair in real life!

Dark Queen
May 20th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I'd take it as a compliment, too. Congratulations!

A lot of people don't understand the draw of long hair, though; that's for sure. I talked about my length goal with some co-workers once, and they couldn't imagine why anybody would want to mess with yards of hair when there are so many cute cuts and styles available. I can't explain why; I just do (want to mess with yards of hair).

Cuts and styles pretty much are what they are. You can do so much more with yards of hair, make any style you want. You can easily make long hair appear short but not the reverse :D. Besides yards of hair just looks amazing.

McFearless
May 20th, 2011, 09:41 PM
She never said it was ugly or that she didn't like it...she was just shocked by the length. Its a compliment!

iluvmurphie
May 20th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Wow! Your length is amazing! How do you keep the ends that have been on your head the longest from drying out or breaking off?

Loreley
May 21st, 2011, 01:02 AM
Wow! Your length is amazing! How do you keep the ends that have been on your head the longest from drying out or breaking off?
I think microtrims, S&D and coconut oil help the most. ;)

And thank you everyone for the replies! :)

Phexlyn
May 21st, 2011, 01:16 AM
I'd take it as a compliment, she didn't say anything negative about your hair. I guess she was just surprised/shocked by the extraordinary length of it - isn't that a good thing? :D

Mesmerise
May 21st, 2011, 01:19 AM
I'd take it as a compliment whether it was meant as one or not :D. When my hair is long enough that people comment in that way, whether they say it nicely or not, I'll know I've ARRIVED!

Paniculata
May 21st, 2011, 01:44 AM
I suppose it was shock. Most people say something similarly silly when they see my hair out for the first time, like my new flatmate "HAIR! LONG!" was what she came out with lol!

Qamar
May 21st, 2011, 01:53 AM
I suppose it was shock. Most people say something similarly silly when they see my hair out for the first time, like my new flatmate "HAIR! LONG!" was what she came out with lol!

HAIR! LONG! I love it!

lacefrost
May 21st, 2011, 09:10 PM
Am I the only one who loved your response? I don't know if you answered her in a sincere way or in a smart a** way but I loved your response! I'm a bit of a smart mouth so I love the comeback, "of course, every month :rolleyes: "

MeganE
May 21st, 2011, 09:16 PM
I wonder if she's now under the impression that your hair grows 50 inches a year or something.

If her concept of a "trim" is like the kind you get at one of those scissor-happy hairdresser's, and she thinks you're doing that every month... :D

Dark Queen
May 21st, 2011, 09:23 PM

I'll bet! Is that 62 inches you have listed there? No wonder :D. I'd love to get a response like that someday :o