PDA

View Full Version : Amazing long silver mane in Alabama

MemSahib
June 18th, 2008, 02:04 PM
We were out of state this past weekend and visited a church we had never been to before. I spotted a woman with wonderful silver hair across the auditorium. She was probably about my age and her straight hair was nearly all silver but for a little bit darker swath down the center back. She wore it loose to the mid-back — it was near waist, actually. The whole church was very friendly and along with many others she introduced herself afterward. I told her her hair was beautiful and honestly, I think she acted a little disappointed that I mentioned it. I guess she hears comments on her hair constantly and is tired of them or something. It was so gorgeous I wished I could get a picture of it, LOL.

Xandergrammy
June 18th, 2008, 02:24 PM
How could anyone get tired of hearing hair compliments?? I wish you could have snapped a picture, too!!

DMARTINEZ
June 18th, 2008, 02:30 PM
What a very strange way to react to a hair compliment. But, maybe she just doesnt
handle compliments well.... Did her hair look coarse? just curious! ;) Alot of silvers Ive
seen appear on the coarser side.

Deb

MemSahib
June 18th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Deb, obviously I didn't get to touch it, but I think it was probably medium, not coarse. I'm pretty sure it was not babyfine like mine. She wore it parted in the middle, no bangs. She was a very attractive lady. It is possible I could have drawn her into conversation but the congregation was getting ready for VBS the next day and she seemed to be very busy in the middle of it. I was so thrilled to see a real longhair, and grey, too!

BlndeInDisguise
June 18th, 2008, 05:13 PM
How could anyone get tired of hearing hair compliments?? I wish you could have snapped a picture, too!!

How could anyone get tired of ANY compliment? :o

Euphony
June 18th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Her hair sounds gorgeous!

How could anyone get tired of ANY compliment? :o

I have a friend who recently cut off her waist length hair. She told me that she was just sick of being the woman with the long hair - her hair has been about that same length for around 20 years. She loves to play with my hair (sometimes I can't keep her hands out of it) and I think she misses her own hair, but now she feels she's a person and not the woman with the long hair.

Missie
June 18th, 2008, 10:18 PM
my instinct on this is that she is a modest person and genuinely feels a little uncomfortable if under the spot light regarding her hair (or some else of a personal nature)

Teazel
June 19th, 2008, 02:43 AM
That would be my first thought - that she is just uncomfortable with compliments. I was that way, for a long time, until I realised that my attitude was ungratious!

harpgal
June 19th, 2008, 08:59 AM
my instinct on this is that she is a modest person and genuinely feels a little uncomfortable if under the spot light regarding her hair (or some else of a personal nature)
That's exactly what I thought. At times I feel the same way, being a very shy person (keep quiet LJ).