PDA

View Full Version : If i had classic length hair as a child could it grow that long again?

bunzfan
May 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I knew i had long hair as a small child but just today my mum should me a picture of me aged 4 and low and behold i had beautiful white blonde hair that was classic length!

To think she always told me not to grow really long hair as it would look stupid on my short frame sadly she cut all that hair off as she couldn't deal with the tangles. I am wondering if i had hair that long as a child is there hope for me as a adult to have that sort of length hair what do you think?

Gwen
May 20th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Good question! I wonder that myself. I always had long hair, but for some reason once it got to waist length, I'd do something stupid and cut it to my chin. But I noticed in some of my college photo's... My first year I had a bob-cut. But by the time I graduated 3 years later, my hair was almost at waist! I was approx. 21 at the time (I'm 30 now). So I wonder if it's possible to still be able to do it?? That's if I don't dye it, or cut it (I didn't cut or dye it back then. I pretty much just shampoo'd, conditioned, and straightened. No special routines at all, no vitamins or supplements).

*does calculations in her head* If it only took 3 years to grow my hair from chin to waist, and my hair is currently at shoulder already... Then according to my calculations I should have waist length hair in approx. 1 to 2 years. Woot! :cheese:

Gwen

Sundial
May 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM
It is possible but we must remember that classic on a child is much shorter on an adult, the same length is probably only BSL or waist for us. Nonetheless you are better equipped to care for your hair now and can try for classic again if you like

bunzfan
May 20th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Good question! I wonder that myself. I always had long hair, but for some reason once it got to waist length, I'd do something stupid and cut it to my chin. But I noticed in some of my college photo's... My first year I had a bob-cut. But by the time I graduated 3 years later, my hair was almost at waist! I was approx. 21 at the time (I'm 30 now). So I wonder if it's possible to still be able to do it?? That's if I don't dye it, or cut it (I didn't cut or dye it back then. I pretty much just shampoo'd, conditioned, and straightened. No special routines at all, no vitamins or supplements).

*does calculations in her head* If it only took 3 years to grow my hair from chin to waist, and my hair is currently at shoulder already... Then according to my calculations I should have waist length hair in approx. 1 to 2 years. Woot! :cheese:

Gwen

Its funny isn't it my hair grow really quick as a teenager to maybe we didn't focus on it so much i was battling with the awful frizzy curls at the time. Good luck Gwen this time last year my hair was at shoulder length and now its nearing waist so you never know;)

It is possible but we must remember that classic on a child is much shorter on an adult, the same length is probably only BSL or waist for us. Nonetheless you are better equipped to care for your hair now and can try for classic again if you like

That's a very valid point i hadn't thought of it like that because my hair as a child was really fine my mum had it cut wish we had tangle teezer back then. I am hoping for hair as long as i can possibly grow :)

Gwen
May 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Its funny isn't it my hair grow really quick as a teenager to maybe we didn't focus on it so much i was battling with the awful frizzy curls at the time. Good luck Gwen this time last year my hair was at shoulder length and now its nearing waist so you never know;)

Thanks!! You've just given me so much hope! I know I can do it now. I kinda calculated it (cuz I'm a geek). With the rate my hair has been growing lately, by August 2012 I will be at waist (my goal). Yippee!

Gwen

bunzfan
May 20th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks!! You've just given me so much hope! I know I can do it now. I kinda calculated it (cuz I'm a geek). With the rate my hair has been growing lately, by August 2012 I will be at waist (my goal). Yippee!

Gwen

Your welcome that's why i said it i know just how frustrating it is mainly as i am super impatient :D

What really helped me is wearing it up all the time and oiling my ends oh and having just two small trims a year.

KittyLost
May 20th, 2011, 11:27 AM

I agree with this :) it is written much better than I tried to write it.

Othala
May 20th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Judging by the volume of hair you have and the speed of its growth, I think you are very likely to be able to grow your hair to classic length. I also want to add that long hair looks wonderful on short females. It is ultra-feminine in my eyes.

jojo
May 20th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Well classic on a 4 year old is probably about 20" at a guess. As another poster stated your a lot taller now, its about the inches not the landmarks unfortunatelly. Though keep babying your hair and you have as much chance as everybody else.

love your new siggi btw; gurl your hair grows fast!

bunzfan
May 20th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Judging by the volume of hair you have and the speed of its growth, I think you are very likely to be able to grow your hair to classic length. I also want to add that long hair looks wonderful on short females. It is ultra-feminine in my eyes.

You obviously don't think it to thin then, actually it has thickened up a lot since i started treating it a lot better last year, i was worried long hair my swamp me but if i get that length and didn't like it i could always cut it back.

Well classic on a 4 year old is probably about 20" at a guess. As another poster stated your a lot taller now, its about the inches not the landmarks unfortunatelly. Though keep babying your hair and you have as much chance as everybody else.

love your new siggi btw; gurl your hair grows fast!

Yeah your probably right Jojo when you see such long hair on a child it always makes me think wow, my hair seemed to stopped growing until i took those splits off. I think i have a lot of growth in the summer glad you like the picture:)

Phexlyn
May 21st, 2011, 01:30 AM
I agree with this, but since your hair is on the thicker side, you should have a good chance of being able to grow to classic :)

Mesmerise
May 21st, 2011, 02:43 AM
I think classic is definitely feasible for you, and given that you're on the shorter side, it's probably easier for you than it would be for a taller girl, simply because it's got less far to grow.

That said, I'm a shorty too... but I seem to be more short in the legs than the body... oh well! Oh, and I couldn't care less whether long hair is "overwhelming" or looks stupid (as people may think) on smaller girls... We're going to be short whether we have long hair or not, so we may as well grow it long!!

Hiriel
May 21st, 2011, 07:26 AM
Oh, and I couldn't care less whether long hair is "overwhelming" or looks stupid (as people may think) on smaller girls... We're going to be short whether we have long hair or not, so we may as well grow it long!!

I love it when people say things like "You shouldn't wear xyz, it makes you look short.". I am short, and there's no point in trying to keep it secret, it's fairly obvious :P

bunzfan
May 21st, 2011, 11:34 AM
I think classic is definitely feasible for you, and given that you're on the shorter side, it's probably easier for you than it would be for a taller girl, simply because it's got less far to grow.

That said, I'm a shorty too... but I seem to be more short in the legs than the body... oh well! Oh, and I couldn't care less whether long hair is "overwhelming" or looks stupid (as people may think) on smaller girls... We're going to be short whether we have long hair or not, so we may as well grow it long!!

I couldn't of said it better . I think my mum meant my cloud of hair covers my face but as i wear it up all the time now that doesn't really matter does it :p

I love it when people say things like "You shouldn't wear xyz, it makes you look short.". I am short, and there's no point in trying to keep it secret, it's fairly obvious :P

Very very true :D

rags
May 21st, 2011, 11:43 AM
I think with your hair being as thick as it is, and you being shorter you probably have a good chance at it. I agree with those who says it's about inches, not landmarks as a child.

That said, I had between TB and classic (never would get all the way to classic - maybe 5 strands!) as a teenager after I'd reached my full growth. And TB most of my adult lifeup until I was about 38 or 40. I doubt I'll even see TB again, but that's due to health problems and aging. You shouldn't have that problem!

bunzfan
May 22nd, 2011, 11:40 AM
I think with your hair being as thick as it is, and you being shorter you probably have a good chance at it. I agree with those who says it's about inches, not landmarks as a child.

That said, I had between TB and classic (never would get all the way to classic - maybe 5 strands!) as a teenager after I'd reached my full growth. And TB most of my adult lifeup until I was about 38 or 40. I doubt I'll even see TB again, but that's due to health problems and aging. You shouldn't have that problem!

Thanks Rags thats very encouraging :D