PDA

View Full Version : Something new I tried today~ with twin Dutch braids (pictures)

arc691
May 20th, 2011, 05:04 AM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies%204/th444df81.gif

Hi friends on LHC!

I tried something new today and thought I'd share it. Sorry, it's not very spectacular, LOL, but I thought it looked cute when I saw it on a lady's blog and wanted to try it myself.

Here are a few pictures~

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/andrearcolson/My%20different%20hairstyles%20album%202/zigzag1.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/andrearcolson/My%20different%20hairstyles%20album%202/zigzag3.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/andrearcolson/My%20different%20hairstyles%20album%202/zigzag2.jpg

It's kind of hard to explain, but I'll try!

First, I made a center part. Then I started a Dutch braid on the left side. When I went to add hair to the piece closest to my part, I took hair from the opposite (right) side of my part. The hair that I would normally have gathered, I left out. Then when I braided a Dutch braid on my right side, when I went to add hair to the piece closest to my part, I added the hair that was left out on the left side.

Very confusing, I know, but actually easy to do as long as you can see what you're doing in a mirror! It's a nice alternative to an obvious center part down the middle, and different from an actual zig-zag part.

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies%204/HaveAHappyDayHeartFlowersBees.jpg

Tiina
May 20th, 2011, 05:07 AM
That looks really nice. I have to try it sometime. :)

vanity_acefake
May 20th, 2011, 05:37 AM
That looks amazing.
:)

Barniie
May 20th, 2011, 05:50 AM
You make the BEST hair tutorials and picture ideas! Thankyou!

KayBee
May 20th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Really pretty and cute!

Sundial
May 20th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Ah! I like how you take hair from opposite sides so that there isn't a distinctive line right in the middle! :D Very clever and it looks really good :thumbsup: I'll give this a try the next time I decide to do twin braids

Xandergrammy
May 20th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Sweetie, you have a way of making "nothing spectacular" look amazing! Very pretty!

virgo75
May 20th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Wow! That looks so pretty! :)

kyandii
May 20th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Sweetie, you have a way of making "nothing spectacular" look amazing! Very pretty!

I agree with this :D
It looks really pretty!

Zesty
May 20th, 2011, 09:01 AM
That's so gorgeous! I love the style. I wish I had such skills, but I'm still trying to get my buns to stay up, forget about something this complicated...

Skjønnhår
May 20th, 2011, 09:22 AM
It looks so cute!

Intransigentia
May 20th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Was it tricky to get the left-behind hair for bringing it into the second braid? That's the part where I'm imagining teh most difficulty, anyway.

PraiseCheeses
May 20th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Beautiful as always. Thank you for sharing your talent and ideas! :)

весна
May 20th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Wow, you really are skillful. Looks beautiful! :D

Alvrodul
May 20th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Lovely! I am thinking about perhaps trying out a style with 2 Dutch braids, but for my first attempts, I think I will stick to a straight part! This is something to keep in mind for when I want to get more fancy. :D

boudica
May 20th, 2011, 02:24 PM
That's lovely and fun!

And I'm totally envious of your wonderful color!

Jean Stuart
May 20th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Very nice, You have talent to spare.

arc691
May 20th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Was it tricky to get the left-behind hair for bringing it into the second braid? That's the part where I'm imagining teh most difficulty, anyway.

Actually, that part wasn't hard at all, because I was looking in a double mirror and could see the back of my head so I knew which section of hair to add. When I was braiding my first braid (left side), I flipped the left-out hair up and over, so it was hanging in front of my bangs to the side. That was how I kept from accidentally adding it into the braid at that time. Then when I tied off the end of my left braid and went to start on the right one, I combed that left-out hair back so it was hanging down toward the back like normal~ ready to be added one section at a time into the right braid.

Wordy, I know~ hopefully you can see what I'm getting at!

That's lovely and fun!

And I'm totally envious of your wonderful color!

Thanks so much, really kind of you to say so! I'm a natural strawberry blonde.

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies%204/7795q2jhnyhbg1.gif Thanks, everybody!
I so appreciate your views and replies!
Have a Happy Day!

Yamainu
May 20th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Utterly adorable!

iluvmurphie
May 20th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Oh my gosh! Great job! You are too adorable.

hennahoney
May 20th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I really like how you avoided the "straight" part- great idea:poot:

Phexlyn
May 21st, 2011, 01:38 AM
That's a gorgeous way of making that center part disappear. I hate that distinct straight line on myself, it always gives the impression that I have almost no hair on my head.

I love the way your updos look so fun and yet incredibly intricate at the same time! :)

Anivenin
May 21st, 2011, 02:37 AM
Oh this is sooo cute! I've decided to try for the 60 day updo challenge...and this is definitely now on the list of do's to try :) Might have to enlist my mum's help though ^.~

K_Angel
May 21st, 2011, 05:18 AM
How absolutely adorable!!!!!! :)

ange1ito
May 21st, 2011, 05:50 AM
Looks very cute, like the butterflies ;)

Intransigentia
May 24th, 2011, 10:38 AM
When I was braiding my first braid (left side), I flipped the left-out hair up and over, so it was hanging in front of my bangs to the side. That was how I kept from accidentally adding it into the braid at that time. Then when I tied off the end of my left braid and went to start on the right one, I combed that left-out hair back so it was hanging down toward the back like normal~ ready to be added one section at a time into the right braid.

Wordy, I know~ hopefully you can see what I'm getting at!
I was envisioning hair crossing everywhere and trying to fish strands out from under other strands and just a big complicated mess, but I think now I get it. Thanks!

Mrspuddinhead
May 24th, 2011, 11:01 AM
All I can say is WOW!!! All your hair styles are extremely beautiful and spectacular. Far from ordinary. Talk about serious hair envy!! I've tried different styles with Dutch braids and buns but alas my hair isn't long enough to look as beautiful as yours.