PDA

View Full Version : How to Pin a Wig On?

Vapunzel91
May 20th, 2011, 01:04 AM
So there's this masquerade ball coming up, and I'm having issues with my hair--or my wig's hair. To those who haven't seen my photo gallery, I have rainbow hair and it's pretty obvious to figure out it's me. So I found the most perfect wig, mask, dress, and shoes. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to pin the wig on tight enough so that it doesn't move (or fall off) when I'm dancing.

Any ideas?

Blond Unicorn
May 20th, 2011, 03:29 AM
I had a wig on last year and I made a Braided Beehive with my own Hair to protect it under the wig.
And put then the wig over it (secured with some Bobby Pins in "hidden" places and it was holding great for several hours.

Qamar
May 20th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Toupe clips hold really well if you sew them to the inside of the wig.

Vapunzel91
May 20th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I don't have enough hair for a braided beehive, but I'll try the toupe clips. Thank you for replying! I was worried no one would.

racrane
May 21st, 2011, 12:38 AM
Are you using a wig cap of sorts? I know when I'm wigged for shows I pin my hair into pin curls - takes forever but it's worth it. First I put a cloth headband and make pin curls all around it. It keeps the hair out of the forehead. Then I put on what used to be a nylon pantyhose over my head. I then pin the cap to the curls. Finally, I pin my wig to the cap. It's a lot of pins, but it keeps the wig secure, and depending on the color of your wig, you can buy pantyhose to match the color so if somehow the cap shows through, it's similar to the color of your wig. Hope this helps! I use wigs all the time for shows so I know pretty well what I'm doing. Hope I explained it right. Also, a trick to hide that it's a wig can be an awesome hat pinned on top of the wig, if it's right for the costume. It hides the fact that it's a wig because most people don't use hats on top of wigs. Just a thought.