PDA

View Full Version : Rate of growth all over..?

dreamerx6
May 19th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I searched for a thread that would answer this question but didn't find any so forgive me if there is one already.

My question is this: How similar is the rate of body hair growth to head hair growth? My body hair grows at an intense rate (I need to shave my legs and underarms twice a day remain smooth..) I haven't measured my head hair and just recently stopped heat styling and trimmed to remove some damage and I just want to know if hair growth rate is the same all over?

gthlvrmx
May 19th, 2011, 10:12 PM
No, it's all different, even on your own head. Some hairs just grow faster than others. You can tell on guys easily where their new body hair grows faster and thicker than other parts. My leg hair is slower than my beard growing.
The hairs on the right side of my head towards the edge have mostly all stayed the same length for over 6 years now :p

owlathena
May 19th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Hair grows at different speeds, but I would assume that if you have very fast growing leg hair, you probably have fast growing head hair too--but not growing at the exact same rate. But thats just guess.

jojo
May 20th, 2011, 03:09 AM
I have hardly any leg hair but what i have I shave once a month. Under arms though your talking every other day! I grow head hair very slow!

Chetanlaiho
May 20th, 2011, 05:32 AM
My body hair grows quite ridiculously fast, even on my head (eyebrows) it's really quick. But my scalp hair grows at a slow-average rate. Bad deal huh xD (specially since my body hair is dark and thick, which I wish my scalp hair was :/)

dreamerx6
May 22nd, 2011, 05:29 PM
thanks for replying! haha i was thinking that if my scalp hair grew at the rate of my leg hair, i'd be at classic in 2 months ':p

bondeandeebowl
May 22nd, 2011, 06:29 PM
My leg and arm hair grows insanely fast! I wish I could hit a button and stop the growth on my body and transfer it all to my head! I also notice different parts of my head grow faster than others. Body, why so obnoxious?!

spidermom
May 22nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Every single hair follicle on your body has it own individual growth cycle.