PDA

View Full Version : Ribbons!

Venya
May 19th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Who here likes to wear ribbons in their hair? I generally just wear mine in a braid or a ponytail, for simplicity’s sake.

Post some pictures, and talk about how you like to wear them! : )

Barbie Diamond
May 19th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I like half up with ribbons around that pony tail, no pictures of it, I will try.

lacefrost
May 19th, 2011, 03:44 PM
You should look at BritishBraider's albums. She does amazing things with ribbons.

Venya
May 19th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I can’t seem to access people’s albums on here. It says I lack privelleges. Do I need to post for a bit before I can access certain parts of the site?

Intransigentia
May 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Yes, you're still too new to see people's albums. I think it's something like 25 posts. Don't worry, they add up quickly!

For myself, I don't really do ribbons, but I loooove oblong scarves, and I use them mostly in the ways I've seen ribbons used - braiding them into my hair, for example. I should get around to taking and posting some pictures.

melissa8989
May 19th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I love ribbons now that I'm in my twenties, thought they were to "girlie" when i was a teen though. I get funny looks from some people when i wear them outside, my dad thinks its funny too. I have been looking for cheap silk fabric so i can make my own even though i know they will slip out without a band. :p

Venya
May 19th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I love ribbons now that I'm in my twenties, thought they were to "girlie" when i was a teen though. I get funny looks from some people when i wear them outside, my dad thinks its funny too. I have been looking for cheap silk fabric so i can make my own even though i know they will slip out without a band. :p

I think they are the cutest hair accessory in the world! You can get cheap rolls of satin ones at craft stores like Michael’s and A.C. Moore. If people give you odd looks, just shrug it off, because they're probably jealous of how fabulous you look! : )

melissa8989
May 19th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I think they are the cutest hair accessory in the world! You can get cheap rolls of satin ones at craft stores like Michael’s and A.C. Moore. If people give you odd looks, just shrug it off, because they're probably jealous of how fabulous you look! : )

thanks, :o they might just be confused about my age though. Everyone seems to think I'm 16 or 28. I was just at the fabric store today actually. My boyfriend is sewing me a kimono top :crush: but they are a limited mom and pop place so not so many silky / satiny options. No car either, so online it is!

JuliaDancer
May 19th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I wear ribbons or thin pretty scarves braided into my hair. I drape a long ribbon around my neck, then do pigtail english braids running each end of the ribbon into each braid, then I tie the ends with small bands, so there's extra ribbon dangling. Then I criss cross the braids in the back, bringing the ends together at the top of my head, so the braids look like a thick headband. I bobby pin the tassels flat, criss cross the ribbon ends, then bring the ends down to where the english braids started and tie a bow. Just smooth out the hair above where the braids start to get rid of the pigtail seam, and you're good to go!

owlathena
May 19th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Sadly, I've lost all my ribbons. Ya'll have inspired me to get some more. First thing tomorrow--To the craft store!

darklion
May 20th, 2011, 01:02 AM
I wear ribbons or thin pretty scarves braided into my hair. I drape a long ribbon around my neck, then do pigtail english braids running each end of the ribbon into each braid, then I tie the ends with small bands, so there's extra ribbon dangling. Then I criss cross the braids in the back, bringing the ends together at the top of my head, so the braids look like a thick headband. I bobby pin the tassels flat, criss cross the ribbon ends, then bring the ends down to where the english braids started and tie a bow. Just smooth out the hair above where the braids start to get rid of the pigtail seam, and you're good to go!

I think I understand your directions, but I would LOVE to see a pic of this!!

pepperminttea
May 20th, 2011, 02:38 AM
You should look at BritishBraider's albums. She does amazing things with ribbons.

Agreed. She's a master of braiding with ribbons.