PDA

View Full Version : New growth only seems to be in underlayer?

Boudicca
May 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Confused here. I'm experiencing a lot of new growth (some past shoulder length) My hair almost looks layered at parts. Weirdly, though, most/all of this growth seems to be in the 'underlayer' (whatever you call the bit that isn't the canopy! :p ) Is this how everyone's new growth comes in - or should I be doing something different?

gthlvrmx
May 19th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Well my new growth makes my hair appear poofier than it really is, due to it's curliness without the weight of being longer. Maybe it's just where you shed last time was all in certain spots where it seems to be "underneath".

Boudicca
May 21st, 2011, 05:13 PM
Well my new growth makes my hair appear poofier than it really is, due to it's curliness without the weight of being longer. Maybe it's just where you shed last time was all in certain spots where it seems to be "underneath".

I'm not sure. On looking closer, my nape hair - usually quite short and unmanageable - seems to have grown a bit too, maybe to shoulder length.

I'm not sure what I've managed to do :confused:

gthlvrmx
May 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I have no clue :p Hair just does what it does sometimes

spidermom
May 28th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I agree; hair grows as it grows, and I don't think there's a lot you can do to change it.

jojo
May 28th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I call that bit the undercarriage ;) Hair is like a wild flower, grows how it wants, at what speed it wants!