PDA

View Full Version : Do hot oil treatments need to be done on clean hair?

Sabriel
May 19th, 2011, 12:22 AM
I'd rather not just because it saves me shampoo and conditioner, but if that's what I have to do then oh well.

Opinions?

Dina L.
May 19th, 2011, 12:27 AM
I guess no! I always put oil on my scalp (and length) a few hours or a night before washing my hair and I do see improvement on my hair.

Ishje
May 19th, 2011, 12:50 AM
I always do it on dirty hair.
I put oil in my hair, and I wrap a hot (but not too hot) towel around my head.
then I wait for an hour and rinse it :)

jojo
May 19th, 2011, 06:12 AM
I do my deep oil treatments on dirty hair, my way of thinking is it has to be washed after the treatment anyway!

Sabriel
May 19th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Yay I'm glad that I'm not the only person that does this! :)

Allybean
May 19th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I've never done it on clean hair! Since I have to wash it after anyway, I might as well just take care of it all in one go.

Jean Stuart
May 19th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Mine is always pre wash also.

missmagoo
May 19th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I debate this too, especially because I use light 'cones. I feel like I should have clean hair so the treatment really penetrates, but I usually end up applying to dry, dirty hair. I feel like it doesn't need to be so complicated, and I definitely notice a difference so the treatment gets 'through' the 'cones.

Phexlyn
May 20th, 2011, 01:46 AM
I always put my oil on dirty hair. Washing twice just so I could apply it to clean hair would probably counteract the benefits of the treatment. My hair gets really dry from washing.

Blond On Blond
May 20th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I use oils - mainly almond and coconut - on dirty hair, because I've noticed they help remove waxy buildup from conditioners (I use a lot of leave-ins).