PDA

View Full Version : Normal hair growth?

soleluna
June 18th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I just realized that from 6 th May until today my hair has grown 4 cm
That is 1.6 inches if I am right. :cheese:
Which is a whole lot! I am sure the measurings were right both times, because I repeated them.. and had my mom and sister measure them too.
really, how much does your hair grow?

I had a lot of shed lately and was worried (you can't see it because I have thick hair, but I noticed when combing and found more hair in the shower) but now I'm in disbelief!!

Silver & Gold
June 18th, 2008, 11:27 AM
If your measurements are correct, then that is 3 times the normal growth rate! I'm officially jealous!

Blueneko
June 18th, 2008, 11:28 AM
That is a lot. But excellent! I average .75 to 1 inch in the summer months. Winter slows down some.

Way to go!

chrissy-b
June 18th, 2008, 11:29 AM
My hair grows about .8in a month. Sometimes less, often more.

Your rate is spectacular! Congrats!!

soleluna
June 18th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Yes, I'm sure about measurements. I'm not sure about the conversion ;)
My hair has always grown very fast, but only about 2 cm per month.
I wonder what happened, so I can replicate it :eyebrows:

florenonite
June 18th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Your conversion's right :) And that's spectacular growth!

spidermom
June 18th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Amazing growth. Congratulations. I recently enjoyed a growth spurt myself. Unfortunately I didn't measure after my rather large trim (lots of splits) of 2-4 inches because I didn't want to be depressed about how many months of growth I had lost. I wish I had measured because I had that length back in approximately 6 weeks.

jojo
June 18th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Wow thats great growth.

savi
June 18th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I wonder what happened, so I can replicate it :eyebrows:

Yes, do that and then come and report it here. :eyebrows:
That really is some nice growth..

brok3nwings
June 18th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I personally dont like to measure...i like to take pictures better. But this is like making a diet...you can always get obcessed! I dont want that...although its dificult to stop thinking about my hair sometimes eheh I just didnt know that hair grew a bit more at summer...that is great!! Since i would be very very happy to add about 3 inches until the end of it :D

fireflycatching
June 18th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Wow, that is some awesome hair growth; I'm very jealous! Mine grows 0.5 inch per month if I'm lucky. I'm hoping the Monistat will work. Do you take any vitamins/use any treatments/etc. that helps it grow faster or is that just how much it grows naturally?

soleluna
June 19th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Now that I think of it, I've taken vitam supplements because of exams. I don't eat much fruit, have gone off the pill and have had a very heavy period, so I started taking Supradyn, one tablet a day. I decided to take it for one month.
My skin looks better (less zits) and maybe that's the reson for my growth!!

It contains:
Thiamine P.A.E.C. (Vit B1) 11.1mg
Riboflavine sodium phosphate (Vit B2) 12.7mg
Nicotinamide (Vit B3) 40mg
Calcium pantothenate (Vit B5) 8mg
Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vit B6) 3mg
Cyanocobalamin (Vit B12) 4mcg
Ascorbic acid (Vit C) 80mg
Ergocaliferol (Vit D2) 7.5mcg
Alpha Tocopheryl acetate (Vit E) 10mg
Biotin (Vit H) 200mcg
Folic acid 200mcg
Calcium 100mg
Magnesium 9mg
Iron (as Ferrous sulfate) 1.5mg
Copper 500mcg
Zinc 1mg
Manganese 500mcg

Contains sucrose 966mg per tablet.
Gluten free
Lactose free

Angellen
June 19th, 2008, 12:30 AM
How lovely! Just over an inch a month is very impressive indeed! Let's hope it continues!

goldenwaves
June 19th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Wow I'm so jealous! I don't actually know my growth rate yet but I doubt that it's that much! Congrats!

soleluna
June 19th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks, everyone! I'll continue with the vitamins until the end of July because of exams, and let you know if growth seems related to those!

lora410
June 19th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Mine grew about an inch as well before that it was maybe 1/4 inch if I was lucky :lol: Thats some rocking growth. How I adore thee summer months :D

Oskimosa
June 20th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I think I need to log it better to really verify it, but I'm pretty sure I get around 1/2 inch per month. It annoys me though because I'm so sure my mom gets about 1 1/2 each month.. I sure wish I'd gotten THOSE genes!

FrannyG
June 21st, 2008, 10:22 AM
My hair grew 7/8 of an inch between May 1st and June 1st. My normal growth rate is 3/4 of an inch.

Your growth rate in a 6 week period is spectacular! I hope it continues for you. :flowers: