PDA

View Full Version : What your favorite way to use camellia oil?

lyria
May 18th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I was wooed by the description of camellia oil (japonica) as "a wonder" and now I am expecting some from amazon :cheer:

Since it's pretty expensive and I'm not getting a lot at a time, I thought I would solicit your advice! What is your favorite way to use it? As a leave in? As a deep treatment? After the shower? Details please!

lyria
May 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Um... Bump!

lyria
May 20th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Ok, I just saw the glaring typo in the thread title... and I don't know how to fix it!

islandboo
May 20th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I use mine as a leave in before bed at night. It is usually all soaked up by the time I go to work in the morning. I know a lot of folks seem to love it on their skin as well, but I have never tried it, just on my hair.

lyria
May 20th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks Islandboo!

Sundial
May 20th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I like using camellia oil on its own right after a shower on damp hair as a leave in :) just a few drops will do! I also like using it on my ends just before bed (dry hair)

I have to apply it to wet hair if I don't want it looking oily. For some reason, I find application on dry hair uneven and that it results in some clumps of oiled hair while some are unoiled. But I can afford to apply some on dry hair before bed because it has time to absorb the oil and it doesn't look oily in the morning.

lyria
May 20th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Thank you, Sundial!

Sounds like both of you have had a good experience with oiling before bed. I will have to give it a try!

K_Angel
May 21st, 2011, 05:39 AM
Just this last wash day I put a handful of shampoo and several drops of the oil and washed my hair like normal. Wow was it soft! :)

lyria
May 21st, 2011, 12:40 PM
Just this last wash day I put a handful of shampoo and several drops of the oil and washed my hair like normal. Wow was it soft! :)

Ooo, I like this idea!