PDA

View Full Version : Avocados.. and hair?

angelfell
May 18th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I loove avocados. Over the last few weeks, I've been eating a good bit of them (they're cheap this time of year :p). And I've noticed some good changes.. amongst them a better complexion, and the hair towards my scalp growing in feels softer than it normally does :o (yeah, I'm a freak and rub my new-grown hair like, weekly, just to feel it XD). What's even weirder is that I haven't been taking any vitamins at all (lost the habit :x) for.. a few months now. So since the only thing in my routine that has changed is avocados.. and maybe some more green tea XD, I'm thinking these good changes are coming from avocados :D! I do know they are very fattening, however with the GOOD fats.. so maybe that's it?

Anyways, I'm interested if anyone has tried any hair masks or treatments with avocados in them? I own one of the avocado face mask treatment things.. which works well and makes my face so soft :p. So, maybe it can do the same with hair? Just curious if anyone has experimented with them :p.

Jean Stuart
May 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM
here is a link to another thread.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65307&highlight=shea+butter+recipe

Chetanlaiho
May 18th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I've done a few protein treatments that involved avocado, my hair quite liked it ^^ (even though my taste buds don't xD)