View Full Version : What Not To Wear

HaiirPEACE
June 18th, 2008, 10:48 AM
um i'm pretty sure Nick Arrojo is scissor happy. i don't think iv'e seen more than 2 episodes where he doesn't completely chop off some poor girls hair. i mean just because its long doesn't mean you can't just add some cute layers or something.

he's making me sooo madddd :mad:

Siava
June 18th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I know!! I was SO HAPPY when the blonde lady with really long hair stood her ground and refused to be cut and dyed. I don't like most of his cuts anyways.

HaiirPEACE
June 18th, 2008, 10:57 AM
i'm watching it now and most of the time he cuts almost the same hair cut on every girl

Patrycja
June 18th, 2008, 10:59 AM
She's actually a member here.Well-we haven't seen her around(or so they say)in ages.Her username is Whatnottoweargirl.I think....?
There has been many of a thread griping about Nick and his scissors.I watch the show,just for humor factor.I like the fashion advice though....sometimes.I do think its funny how the makeup lady has black eyebrows and blonde dyed hair(like others here have pointed out LOL I didn't realise it untill another member said something).

Edit-her name is theWNTWgirl :)

amaiaisabella
June 18th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I have noticed the same thing! And even if he cuts just a little bit, he ALWAYS blowdries the girls stick straight and irons the hair. Sure, it looks nice on some of the women (though some of the girls have faces that don't look right with stick straight hair) but what's wrong with blowdrying with flippy ends, or using a diffuser for waves? He is emphasizing easy to do hair, after all.

I kind of like the makeup lady, but I could never do all that makeup in 5 minutes :)

wintersun99
June 18th, 2008, 12:07 PM

Starr
June 18th, 2008, 12:12 PM
bah! it's a makeover show and the point is to walk out dramatically different then when you walked in...

True, but isn't the point also to make the person look as good as they possibly can? The same recycled haircut does not look good on everyone.

Forever_Sophie
June 18th, 2008, 12:26 PM
bah! it's a makeover show and the point is to walk out dramatically different then when you walked in...

Totally agree; I just wish he'd give different haircuts instead of that soccer mom 'do he's given all but maybe 2. I can get the "style" he gives for, like, $10 at a local franchise :p

I esp. hate (like today's episode) that he's chopping this girl's awesome, thick, healthy hair while his greasy looking locks are in a BUN! oy vey.

I do, however, take issue w/ that blonde woman who refused to cut (for the reason quoted). She submitted HERSELF, she was not nominated like most other ppl, then hates all the advice she's given, refuses to do anything to her hair, and was the most ungrateful when it came to Carmindy.

nicolina
June 18th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Just a suggestion, but in my experience it's a lot easier to work out what you actually want when someone else is trying to convince you of something. Perhaps the experience of going on the show and realising what she didn't like was useful?

Mishka_84
June 18th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I don't like him either. Some of the cuts have been flattering to those particular women, but I saw one last week where she actually told him she was trying to grow her hair out and he said he'd leave it long then, but it was still at her shoulders!!! (I know, long is in the eye of the beholder, but still...)

I do wonder what he's thinking when he says "we need to do something about this damage from _____" and then he adds tons more chemicals to it. :shrug:

Tap Dancer
June 18th, 2008, 01:52 PM

I enjoy the makeover portion of the show BUT I don't think the people have to walk out looking "dramatically different." Low-maintenance styles work best for most people. A lot of us are too busy (or too lazy) to work on our hair each morning.

vidgrl007
June 18th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I dont care for the show either.I do kinda like "how do I look" ,with Fiona (cant think of her last name).

buttons
June 18th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I do wonder what he's thinking when he says "we need to do something about this damage from _____" and then he adds tons more chemicals to it. :shrug:

I noticed that too.
More hair dye and flat ironing will totally fix any current damage up :rolleyes:

psvzum
June 18th, 2008, 05:03 PM
There have been times the before hair looked better than the after. I agree, he is scissor happy. Love the show tho : )

longhairdreams
June 18th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I have admit I love that show.I did see one episode where the woman told nick she wouldnt ever heat style so give her something wash and go.So he did.And it looked great.So he can giove really good haircuts. But I definitely agree about the cookie cutter haircuts being the norm.

Oskimosa
June 18th, 2008, 09:51 PM
That show annoys me to no end. I dont think its really practical at all, its just for people who live in cities that are more fashionably upbeat. They give people trendy looks and let them spend hundreds or thousands on clothes that will be out of fashion within the week. Only good portion is how they show women how to dress for their shape.

As for it being a makeover and needing a dramatic change, does anyone remember when Extreme Makeover was about people and not houses? They used to give women lots of different haircuts (even long ones) using extensions quite frequently. But it was geared towards making them look more glamorous. Long hair has the rep of being glam and high maintenance, while short hair is supposed to be easier and more practical. Perhaps another reason why a show like What Not To Wear gives women who (typically) hardly make an effort towards their appearance anyway a short 'do that at least appears clean cut and easy to maintain.