PDA

View Full Version : Buns..

Sookie
May 18th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Well i don't like my ears...and that's the reason i haven't been keeping my hair up..Has anyone been having this problem..? My face looks akward with this ears!

Panth
May 18th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Perhaps you could try this?

Part your hair wherever you want your parting to be - even if you don't normally have one, put one in somewhere.
Next, make a parting from ear to ear - up over the top of your head.
That'll basically have divided your hair into 4, with the front two parts probably being a bit smaller than the back two.
Temporarily clip the front two bits forward, in front of your shoulders - I find it's best to put a clip or band just under my chin that pulls the two bits together.
Then, style the back two bits into whatever bun you like, removing the centre/side parting from that bit by combing straight back if you like.
Unclip the front two bits, maybe give them a quick comb.
Take one, and (probably looking in the mirror) draw it back and wrap it around the bun - go back, under the bun, up the opposite side, across the top, etc. - twist gently if you like. By adjusting how tightly that flap of hair goes back you should be able to make a soft "wing" that covers your ear. Clip in place with several bobby pins.
Repeat with the other front piece.

Pretty hairstyle, as nicked from the Little House in the Prairie books - literally. That's how Laura Ingall's aunts/cousins are described as bunning their hair for the Christmas dance in 'Little House in the Big Woods'. :p

cowgirllong
May 18th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Panth's idea is great! Also if your front hair is long enough, if you did a low bun, your hair might cover your ears.

Sookie
May 18th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Thank you so much Punth! But i didn't understand well what you just described me... can you find a picture of the whole hairstyle or something...to have at least have an image and try to imagine the steps ? ... :P