PDA

View Full Version : What else can I do with this?

motormuffin
May 17th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I want to put it up like a flexi but how? Is it destined to be just a pony holder?
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_570xN.195921297.jpg

Anje
May 17th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Maybe you can secure a French twist with it?

I've never had much luck with that sort of thing. They hold a very fixed amount of hair, and if you need to have them hold more or less, you're kinda stuck.

Pantha
May 17th, 2011, 02:59 PM
That looks really nice, I've never used one myself so unfortunatly can't suggest anything I know would work although it does seem to work in a similar way to the flexi 8.
I have been thinking of making one myself from leather and a cut off chopstick, maybe when I get around to it I can suggest something :D

HairStickler
May 18th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I think it all depends upon how big it is compared to your hair. Flexis come in all sizes (I have most of them!) and each has its own use. From smallest to largest: half-up, ponytail, figure-8 or other narrow bun, round-shaped bun.

You could also use the stick on its own.

RocketDog
May 18th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I think something like that could be used to secure a folded braid, and it would probably look quite nice doing so. I

motormuffin
May 19th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Ooo, folded braid. I should try that. I tried a french twist and it doesn't come close. I tried with a lazy wrap type and a squooshed cinnamon but I couldn't get the other hole to line up.

Thanks for suggestions.