PDA

View Full Version : going through the growing outwards stage.....again!

jojo
May 17th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Ok my hair is wavy and when its growing to shoulders it goes through a " I am not hair I am a bush" stage and grows sideways, rather than length ways. You know the triangle, Crystal tips stage! NowI am just creeping past waist and its going through this again.

Is this normal? my routine is CSC, oiled daily and bunned. I just don't get it? my hair is the longest its ever been, so I don't know if this is normal or not, but I dont recall this being mentioned on the forum before.

Any advice? TIA

Eolan
May 17th, 2011, 09:53 AM
To me it sounds like it's your wave pattern. I don't think it's unnormal and I'm sure someone else has talked about it on the forums, sometime, somewhere. :) Does it bother you alot? What happens if you twist your hair in the opposite direction and bun it like that?

jojo
May 17th, 2011, 10:00 AM
It doesn't bother me when its bunned, but when its down it looks like shelves sticking out! I could understand if I had layers but apart from my fringe its all the same length. Maybe like you say its just the wave pattern. The only changes ive done is I am using a coconut moisturising poo and condish, maybe this has changed the wave pattern??? silly hair ive got! funny when I was at school my nickname was Kate Bush; 30 odd years and shes back........maybe I should just get a long black dress and take up singing......ohhh wurthering, wurthering of a heightssssssss! LOL x

pepperminttea
May 17th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I've heard of this happening to people around tailbone, almost like a second 'flip' length because of the body curving outward. Depending on how far past your waist your hair is, could it be flipping a little as it grows toward hip?

spidermom
May 17th, 2011, 10:25 AM
My hair has random bushy moods. I can do the exact same thing to it, and one time I get lovely wave and spiral curl formation, the next time it looks like I put my finger into a light socket. Thank goodness for braiding and bunning!

jojo
May 17th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I've heard of this happening to people around tailbone, almost like a second 'flip' length because of the body curving outward. Depending on how far past your waist your hair is, could it be flipping a little as it grows toward hip?
well I do have child baring hips, this could be why. Gee god help my hair when it comes to growing over my bum then! but that does make sense thanks!

My hair has random bushy moods. I can do the exact same thing to it, and one time I get lovely wave and spiral curl formation, the next time it looks like I put my finger into a light socket. Thank goodness for braiding and bunning!

yes same here, though you are slightly more wurly than me, your type is similar to mine. I agree thank heavens for buns and braids! Its just really annoying at times, I have the fingers in socket look today; its electricfying! aww well!:)

Fethenwen
May 17th, 2011, 11:33 AM
You sure it's not just that your hair falls down the wrong way? I mean if it's all the same length but sort of has the wrong cut, or outgrown layers? Maybe it's just the shape but not so much the hair in it self?

Well I personally get a haircut if my hair is starting look weird while down, not much is needed. Last time I did a tiny trim myself and it made a whole lot of difference :) Also dusting might help.

Roseate
May 17th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Mine goes in and out of these phases too; for me I think it's a combination of wave pattern and body shape. I get a big POOF at shoulders, then again as it hits the pointy bits of my shoulder-blades... right now I'm catching a break since it is at BSL and therefore sitting in the hollower part of my back, but I know it will go OUT again once it starts bumping these hips.

Hey, nothing wrong with a triangle, the Egyptians modeled the pyramids after us! :D

jojo
May 17th, 2011, 12:34 PM
You sure it's not just that your hair falls down the wrong way? I mean if it's all the same length but sort of has the wrong cut, or outgrown layers? Maybe it's just the shape but not so much the hair in it self?

Well I personally get a haircut if my hair is starting look weird while down, not much is needed. Last time I did a tiny trim myself and it made a whole lot of difference :) Also dusting might help. It had an ich trim last month and it is all same length. i am thinking its wave pattern, my hair is more wurly especially at the side. I am just strange!

Mine goes in and out of these phases too; for me I think it's a combination of wave pattern and body shape. I get a big POOF at shoulders, then again as it hits the pointy bits of my shoulder-blades... right now I'm catching a break since it is at BSL and therefore sitting in the hollower part of my back, but I know it will go OUT again once it starts bumping these hips.

Hey, nothing wrong with a triangle, the Egyptians modeled the pyramids after us! :D ha ha! funnily enough i think it did this at bsl too, seems certain parts of the body. I think TB will give me a ducks arse look too!

Honestwitness
May 17th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I have always suspected that my hair behaves differently from day to day due to variations in humidity and barometric pressure. I like to blame it on the weather, anyway. That way, I don't have to take the blame myself.