PDA

View Full Version : i forgot to mention .......

annieangel149
May 17th, 2011, 07:20 AM
....somthing really funny that happened at the hairdressers the other day. My hairdresser is a sweetie but she always forgets that i wont let her blowdry my hair...so she trimmed it and she did a great job...she's just finished and she walks off and im wondering what shes up to and she comes meandering over with the awful monstrous hairdryer.... shes right there and is just about to turn the damn appliance on and i shout NNNOOOOOOOOO!!! at the top of my voice! everyone spins round in shock and she nearly drops the thing on my head. Just as thats happening another hairdresser trips over a chair and nearly lands smack on the ground! for a few seconds you could hear a pin drop! well... after the commotion my hairdresser starts to snigger and says oops i forgot again didnt i and then when evryone there realised what it was all about we had giggles :D! It was actually really funny!!!

any other funny stories/moments at the hairdressers anyone?

pepperminttea
May 17th, 2011, 07:56 AM
:lol: That's it, I want to see an action movie set in a hairdressers.

AuburnTresses
May 17th, 2011, 08:18 AM
:rollin: Oh that's to funny! *wipes eyes* :rollin:

jojo
May 17th, 2011, 08:40 AM
ha ha poor woman will need counseling after that!!! but good for you for speaking out!

UltraBella
May 17th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Lol, owning two salons has giving me a lot of memorable moments. Like the little old lady who came in for a pedicure and was worried about her pants getting wet, so she just took them off and then climbed in the pedicure chair. Right there in the middle of the salon ! I didn't know what to do, so I covered her lap with a blanket..... told her to enjoy her pedicure...... and went in the back and had a good chuckle.
I did have to intervene the other day though when a stylist was going to take a flat iron to this young woman's hair to try to straighten it and then put it up for a wedding. The gal had the curliest hair I have ever seen. I stopped the stylist and asked the woman if she wanted her hair straightened. She said no but the bride wanted it straight. I told the stylist to do a soft undo and leave the curls ! I told the client her hair would hate us forever and if the bride had a problem, she could come talk to me. I never heard from the bride ;)

GRU
May 17th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I did have to intervene the other day though when a stylist was going to take a flat iron to this young woman's hair to try to straighten it and then put it up for a wedding. The gal had the curliest hair I have ever seen. I stopped the stylist and asked the woman if she wanted her hair straightened. She said no but the bride wanted it straight. I told the stylist to do a soft undo and leave the curls ! I told the client her hair would hate us forever and if the bride had a problem, she could come talk to me. I never heard from the bride ;)

On behalf of curlies everywhere, THANK YOU, UltraBella!!!!

I'm always amazed to hear of brides who dictate a change in hair texture. I can kinda see her asking people to all do up-dos or all do half-ups or something, but to tell someone to change the very TEXTURE of their hair? What's next, making them all get the same color hair dye? :crazyq:

BrightEyes7
May 17th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Lol, owning two salons has giving me a lot of memorable moments. Like the little old lady who came in for a pedicure and was worried about her pants getting wet, so she just took them off and then climbed in the pedicure chair. Right there in the middle of the salon ! I didn't know what to do, so I covered her lap with a blanket..... told her to enjoy her pedicure...... and went in the back and had a good chuckle.

That's too funny!! I'm hoping she was at least wearing some full coverage panties!

GRU
May 17th, 2011, 01:19 PM
That's too funny!! I'm hoping she was at least wearing some full coverage panties!

Great, thanks, BrightEyes7 -- I originally imagined this with her wearing "granny panties" but thanks to you, now I've got a mental picture of a little old lady in thong underwear!!!! :blueeek:

christine1989
May 17th, 2011, 01:20 PM
These stories are hilarious! The funniest thing that happened to me was the time I was at the salon getting my hair dyed (jet black with purple tips) and the power went off! I was sitting there in the dark with my head covered in chemicals and foil for 30 minutes before all of the stylists decided to break out the flashlights and commence styling. It takes a great stylist to color and style hair in the dark and still have it turn out perfect! :)