PDA

View Full Version : When trims go wrong....

Darkhorse1
June 18th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I'm sure many of us have these horror stories to share. You walk into a salon and ask for 1/4 of a inch taken off the ends, and you end up losing 4 inches!!!

This happened to me when I was growing my hair out as a kid, and it happened to me once more (midlength hair cut to my shoulders...I mean, honestly--how could you screw that up??). After the last time, I refused to get it cut at ALL. I was so traumatized. For many years, my father trimmed just my ends to even it out, but I only got my bangs done at the hair dresser.

What are your stories?

bex487
June 18th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Fortunately, I've never had that issue. The only time I ever got a cut a lot shorter than I wanted was last year. I asked for the Victoria Beckham inverted bob, and I think the woman wasn't sure how to do such a modern cut. It ended up not having much of a length difference from the front to the back, and it was WAY shorter than in the picture (right below my ears). I made the best of it and after a couple months got a different, short cut that looked a lot better.

Normally though, when I ask for a tiny trim I get a tiny trim. I just went to the hairdresser about 3 weeks ago, and they didn't even take off as much as I asked for (which was a good thing)!

yogachic
June 18th, 2008, 08:17 AM
When I went to the salon and got my perm this last time, '06, She asked if i wanted it trimmed, I said yes. She picks up my entire sides, one side a at a time, pulls all the hair straight up above my head, and chops the hair off at my ears. I was fuming inside!! I fumed for a minute then finally spoke up and I said, what are you doing, but it was too late, she already hacked off one side. I hated my hair for months on end, and the perm she gave me sucked to boot! Never again.

spidermom
June 18th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I've had very few problems. I guess I'm a good communicator.

Eireann
June 18th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I was once the perpetrator of a trim gone wrong. When I was a kid, my sisters and I used to trim each other's hair. I once trimmed my older sister's waist-length hair, and it wasn't straight, so I trimmed some more, and what do you know? It still wasn't straight. I think I hacked about 6 inches when all was said and done. Boy, was she mad! I remember her chasing me all through the house and out to the yard!

Eboshi
June 18th, 2008, 08:25 AM
These sort of stories help draw in certain "one-handed surfers" who enjoy hearing about traumatic cuts and their emotional effects on women. This is contrary to the purpose of TLHC.

This thread is closed.