PDA

View Full Version : ***no more heat needed!***

princess03
May 16th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hey peoples!

Just here to maybe motivate those who are considering giving up heat!

Its definitely worth it... Yes my hair took time to adjust a few weeks and with a help of a trim (unwanted overchop in 2010) My hair just air dries overnight and I bun it for an hour or so to help settle wurls and thats it! It looks better and shinier than my iron ever achieved I cant be happier to have found LHC!:cheese:

My bf said no straightener? well natural beauty hahaha and he never notices hair stuff!

my hair today no heat... unfortunately with bf sweater I took off my pretty summer dress

caiti42
May 16th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Beautiful :)

gingylocks
May 16th, 2011, 08:26 PM
how long do the curls stay without using any heat?

WittyWordsmith
May 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Well that is certainly encouraging! It looks amazing!

Jenn of Pence
May 16th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks for sharing your success story! I also finally ditched the straightener, about a year ago. It was indeed hard for a few weeks. I relied so heavily on the heat to tame the frizz, which got worse because of more heat, which required more heat to tame, and so on...a vicious cycle! But once you just stop, it does actually get better. I've finally come to terms with my natural texture (not curly or anything, just a few stray bumps and waves that aren't very uniform) and don't miss straightening it anymore...usually. ;)

I think there are many folks out there who consider quitting heat styling and who would really like to hear an encouraging story that it can be done! :D

maborosi
May 16th, 2011, 08:32 PM

I've experienced that curls (for me at least) stay waaaaay longer without heat than even with heat plus a strong hairspray(it can sometimes be a bit frustrating, lol!)

Unless I get drenched in water, my curls won't move when I do them the night before!

~maborosi~

princess03
May 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks for sharing your success story! I also finally ditched the straightener, about a year ago. It was indeed hard for a few weeks. I relied so heavily on the heat to tame the frizz, which got worse because of more heat, which required more heat to tame, and so on...a vicious cycle! But once you just stop, it does actually get better. I've finally come to terms with my natural texture (not curly or anything, just a few stray bumps and waves that aren't very uniform) and don't miss straightening it anymore...usually. ;)

I think there are many folks out there who consider quitting heat styling and who would really like to hear an encouraging story that it can be done! :D

thanks and Congrats on achiveing quitting too!and your natural hair is pretty I like :)

princess03
May 16th, 2011, 08:42 PM

they stay all day ... well I forgot to write my hair is naturally wurly I jus need a bit of bunning to get the texture nicer :)

princess03
May 16th, 2011, 08:44 PM
thanks everyone :D !!

zirena
May 16th, 2011, 09:08 PM
It's gorgeous!

Jenn of Pence
May 16th, 2011, 09:20 PM
thanks and Congrats on achiveing quitting too!and your natural hair is pretty I like :)

Aw, thank you! I haven't messed with my waves that much, but I'd love it if they looked like yours! :)

cinemax
May 16th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Your hair is stunning!!!!!!!

jojo
May 17th, 2011, 08:45 AM

I see your a natural straight haired; try sock bun curls. I have natural wavy hair but my hair curls stay 3 days when doing this. A little AVG will help keep them too.

To op your hair is looking lovely and shiny!

cygus
May 17th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Princess03, you're hair is beautiful!

I have different textures in my hair, straight growing out and wurly length. i've done bun drying before but hate the line it tends to make where the bun starts.

where do you position the bun on your head? is it a tight or looser bun?

princess03
May 17th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Princess03, you're hair is beautiful!

I have different textures in my hair, straight growing out and wurly length. i've done bun drying before but hate the line it tends to make where the bun starts.

where do you position the bun on your head? is it a tight or looser bun?

thanks for compliment!

I do my bun high or low kind of loose not tight at all I bun my dry/slight damp hair to settle my wurls after they have air dried. I found that wet bunning causes them to be too defined maybe what leaves your line. and to prevent the line I use a wide hair clip the one with only 3 claws on each side if that makes sense... not directly on my end to prevent damage but I clamp the bun together. ( will be trying sticks soon) try positioning the bun higher. also a twist braid should work too. you know how you do a french braid just do the rope/twist method... hope this helped ;)

princess03
May 17th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Aw, thank you! I haven't messed with my waves that much, but I'd love it if they looked like yours! :)

your welcome Jen you should definitely try it out ;)

jujube
May 17th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I have to mention that you're really beautiful, and that I'm dying for hair like yours. It looks so shiny and healthy!

Dina L.
May 17th, 2011, 02:31 PM
princess03, your hair is like a princess's! :)

Firefly
May 17th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Very pretty!

spidermom
May 17th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Your hair looks great!

princess03
May 18th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I have to mention that you're really beautiful, and that I'm dying for hair like yours. It looks so shiny and healthy!

aww thank you jujube! ive seen your avatar picture before and thought the same of you :)

princess03
May 18th, 2011, 03:30 PM
princess03, your hair is like a princess's! :)

You're too nice :) i love princesses! i lOve your avatar pic that outfit is gorgeous!

princess03
May 18th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Your hair looks great!

thanks spidermom i always admire your hair in your siggy ;)

KittyLost
May 19th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Your hair looks great!

I've been heat free on the length for a few months now with the odd straightening for length shots (which I'm stopping now) and I've recently just stopped heat styling my fringe and my hair is so much happier for it too.

lw8666
May 19th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Your hair is amazing! Beautiful!
I noticed my hair is much better without heat as well. Its shinier and healthier looking without heat!

dlinoxvostaja
May 19th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Now that's a testimonial. You and your hair are gorgeous!

Scarlet_Heart
May 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM
It looks fabulous! I see so many young girls (teacher) who flat-iron their hair and I feel like it's so unfortunate that they constantly force their hair straight to fit in. Once in a while is ok, but I think hair looks most beautiful when you let it do what it was genetically designed to do! And yours is just gorgeous like that. I LOVE the flower!

Intransigentia
May 19th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Wow, that's some really shiny, healthy-looking hair you've got going! Nice work!

ewhalin
May 19th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Absolutely gorgeous hair, it's just the inspiration I needed to quit the heat! It's difficult because I take my showers in the morning, but if I could transition to no heat and letting it stay wavy, I guess I wouldn't have to worry about a morning shower. I've definitely been wanting to cut out all the blow drying and flat ironing I've been doing... someone mentioned sock bun curls. Never heard of them, but I'll have to check it out!! Thanks for all the great ideas ladies :)

Jean Stuart
May 19th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Looks fantastic! Congratulations.

MimiKeki
May 20th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Your hair is very pretty, and so are you :)
It's only been the last couple of weeks that I've FINALLY given up heat, and I'm so glad I did. It's taken me the best part of 2 years to actually wean myself off it XD

princess03
May 25th, 2011, 10:11 PM
It looks fabulous! I see so many young girls (teacher) who flat-iron their hair and I feel like it's so unfortunate that they constantly force their hair straight to fit in. Once in a while is ok, but I think hair looks most beautiful when you let it do what it was genetically designed to do! And yours is just gorgeous like that. I LOVE the flower!

thanks starlet_heart :) I couldnt agree more. I started flat ironing to fit in in middle school and it became a routine... thank goodness I got my hair back :)

princess03
May 25th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Absolutely gorgeous hair, it's just the inspiration I needed to quit the heat! It's difficult because I take my showers in the morning, but if I could transition to no heat and letting it stay wavy, I guess I wouldn't have to worry about a morning shower. I've definitely been wanting to cut out all the blow drying and flat ironing I've been doing... someone mentioned sock bun curls. Never heard of them, but I'll have to check it out!! Thanks for all the great ideas ladies :)

you definitely should try itll take a few for your hair to adjust but its worth it! I shower in the night time usually after the gym. if a morning shower is a must air drying doesn't take too long :p

princess03
May 25th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Your hair is very pretty, and so are you :)
It's only been the last couple of weeks that I've FINALLY given up heat, and I'm so glad I did. It's taken me the best part of 2 years to actually wean myself off it XD

Congrats on quitting and joining the no heat club!

princess03
May 25th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Now that's a testimonial. You and your hair are gorgeous!

thanks dlinoxvostaja! and everyone! I was feeling down today and you all cheered me up :)

HintOfMint
May 25th, 2011, 11:45 PM
How pretty!

vintage88
May 26th, 2011, 03:31 AM
very beautiful! I'm trying to completely stop any heat on my hair, your picture is very motivating :)

Raiscake
May 26th, 2011, 03:36 AM
I love your hair! It's so beautiful. :D

starbucksaddict
May 26th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! you should try braid waves too, that would look super pretty!:)

see_turtle
May 26th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Looks awesome!

sharicat
May 26th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Beautiful, you have really inspired me! If mine could look half as good without heat I'd be thrilled :)

Lux88
May 26th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!! So shiny and I love the color.

I'm heat free too as of May 16th.. I haven't even had a craving yet. Haha!

princess03
May 27th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! you should try braid waves too, that would look super pretty!:)

thanks! yeah ive done braid waves to but i hate that i leave the last inch weird the waves just end and the ends straightish :/ but i do like rope braiding to add volume on my roots im more into lager waves and i love the waves i get from rope braiding

princess03
May 27th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!! So shiny and I love the color.

I'm heat free too as of May 16th.. I haven't even had a craving yet. Haha!

thank you! heat free too congrats!

princess03
May 27th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Beautiful, you have really inspired me! If mine could look half as good without heat I'd be thrilled :)

Im sure it will look great you need to give it time to adjust :)

Zesty
May 27th, 2011, 04:41 PM
What pretty hair. :) I never really used heat much... every once in a while I'd blow dry, but I've found that it's easy to let it air dry even when I would have thought it needed it. I actually gave my blow dryer away a few days ago.

princess03
May 28th, 2011, 11:41 AM
What pretty hair. :) I never really used heat much... every once in a while I'd blow dry, but I've found that it's easy to let it air dry even when I would have thought it needed it. I actually gave my blow dryer away a few days ago.

I gave up heat on a regular basis but I cant give up my iron or blowfryer! but good for you congrats! I just cant part I use them on rare or special occasions :)

x0h_bother
May 28th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Gorgeous! Mine is not as naturally pretty as yours.
My friend who grew up in the era of flat irons along with me prefers my curls. I have gotten to the point where my hair is longer and I now believe at this length my waves are much better-looking than straight.

princess03
May 28th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Gorgeous! Mine is not as naturally pretty as yours.
My friend who grew up in the era of flat irons along with me prefers my curls. I have gotten to the point where my hair is longer and I now believe at this length my waves are much better-looking than straight.

your hair is gorgeous! waves tend to look less puffy and frizzy when they are weighed down with length. although I have to say some girls have jaw dropping curls and wurls in shorter styles !