PDA

View Full Version : How to do a bun with two hairsticks?

Safira
May 16th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Please tell me how. I have made buns with one stick, but now I would like to use those beautiful sticks I just order from Etsy. How in the world is this going to happen? Please help me, so I can have both of those sticks and look just gorgeus :D

Tiina
May 16th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Just stick the second one in there too. There is no special method. You can insert the second stick the same way as the first so it will help with securing the bun or, if the bun is secure enough with one stick, you can simply slide the second one in like inserting a needle in a pincushion. But from the side of the bun, through the bun, not straight down to your scalp of course. (bad example, sorry :p)

Bene
May 16th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Um, you just stick it in.

squiggyflop
May 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM
yeah just stick it in the same way you did the other one.. i find it leads to a more secure updo than just 1 stick

Safira
May 16th, 2011, 01:57 PM
It was that simple? :D I thought it is like science or something.. Thank you for your advices <3

embee
May 16th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Yes, the second stick for me is simply decorative, or perhaps on a really slippery hair day it might help just a tiny bit. So try the second stick parallel to the first one, try it perpendicular to the first one, see how it looks nicest. :)

HairStickler
May 16th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I usually wear my hair sticks in an X shape, where I insert the 2nd stick between the scalp and the 1st stick. Wearing them parallel works well, too, but I guess I like looking symmetrical better. :)

Annibelle
May 16th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I also do the X shape... and the second one really does help me for security! And it helps keep the other stick from slowly rotating around my head throughout the day... hehe.