PDA

View Full Version : Sally's

missy60
June 18th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I know I have made this thread a while back, but I dont get to go that often. I need to start making a list of things I see mentioned that I want to try. So I need your help with a few products to get while Im there.

I know I want to try the stuff that whitens your nails with repeated use, but I cant remember the name. I already use the bubble white, but I have been out for a while now and my nail need it really badly.

Curlsgirl
June 18th, 2008, 07:24 AM
This made me realize I don't buy much at Sally's anymore. Oh I know! They have great spray bottles like to use for misters, tougher and better than the ones you buy at drugstores. Also clear Goodhairdays pins and nice smooth bobby pins.

missy60
June 18th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Exactly what I needed thanks Curlgirl I do need another spray bottle. I have been lazy with misting and I tried to clean out the one I have and its still yucky looking. I also have been meaning to pick up the Goodhairday pins but have forgotten them the last two time I went.

I know its not that big a store but I just always seem to get lost in there. I want to buy so much to try. I also want to try the cherry bark conditioner...oh thats all I can remember about it hopefully I can find it. I was thinking about trying it as a CO conditioner and maybe the knock off Biolage conditioner.

bex487
June 18th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I found that they have surprisingly good BBB, if you're into those. I also love buying hair clips and whatnot there, their clips tend to be made of much better heavy-duty plastic than something you can buy at, say, Wal-Mart.

LaurelSpring
June 18th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I found Jojoba oil really cheap there compared to what the Health Food Store charges. I also got my bun form there when I got tired of using the sock.

orangeeyecrayon
June 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM
you are proboably thinking of clairol shimmer lights, when you talk about the product that makes your hair whiter and lighter with repeated uses... aka it removes yellow tones.

I would also suggest you get there protien treatments (they come in single packs that are 99 cents a piece but if you find you really like them i woud recomend you pay a little extra to get the larger containers)

I also recomend the doo gro oil and line of products (they also cary this at cvs and walgreens) i love this oil and have seen suce improved growth

(the last two suggestions are only if your hair needs protien if not just ignore it)

oops sorry i thought you said whitens hair hahah...
the stuff you are thinking of is just nail bleach (i have not really looked at the nail stuff at sally's much but i would just ask someone there if you cant get the awnswer you need here they should be able to help you0

chrissy-b
June 18th, 2008, 11:23 AM
They have their own version of Biolage's Conditioning Balm that is much cheaper that I've been wanting to try. As soon as the name brand tub that I have is gone I'm going to give it a go.

I need new scissors too, and their selection is great but I think I should wait until my "no-trimming until next year" plan comes to fruition. It may be nearly impossible to keep from cutting with shiny new scissors in hand.

Dulci
June 18th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Do you have a Denman brush? I think Sally's still carries them.

freznow
June 18th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I found Jojoba oil really cheap there compared to what the Health Food Store charges. I also got my bun form there when I got tired of using the sock.

Oh how cheap? I loooove jojoba oil.

coppercurls
June 18th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Seche Vite base coat & top coat are the bomb! They will extend the life of your manicure/pedicure like you would not believe. I love this stuff! :D

Tap Dancer
June 18th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Sally's has great brushes! It took me a long time to choose one because their selection is huge. :) When I go to a store like Target or Walmart, they only have a few brushes and most of them are ugly. LOL

I also use their Haken cuticle oil (http://www.sallybeauty.com/Haken%20Cuticle%20Oil/HAKEN1,default,pd.html?cgid=Nail02-05). The Strawberry Kiwi scent smells yummy!

CopperHead
June 18th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I buy my bobby pins at Sally's. They are strong and very smooth on the ends. Those little plastic ends don't come off either. I just recently bought a Ped Egg at Sally's. I love that thing! My feet have never been smoother. :)

QueenBea
June 18th, 2008, 02:16 PM
If you're going to shop at Sally's, buy their Discount/Club card! It's $5 and you save a bit on every non-sale item. I only hit Sally's about 3 or 4 times per year, but I always come out better with the card!

That said--they have great eyeshadow (Savvy--good staying power, and you can use the black as an eyeliner with a small brush), wonderful makeup brushes.

And I like their generic conditioners--I'm using a Nexxus humec-something right now, and they have a 3 minute miracle.

I also like those big gallons of shampoo for my dh--with my card, they are usually under $7 each. About the same or a little more than buying a bunch of bottles of Suave, but I'm saving packaging :)

I bought a gallon of conditioner last time to try with CO-ing, but I haven't used it yet.

Great hair color products, although I haven't colored in a year. Lots of brushes and combs. You can buy perm-papers and use them to blot oil off your face during the day.

I love Sally's for certain things!

Bea

chloeishere
June 18th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I love the Biolage conditioner knock off-- it's called: Generic Value Product Condtioning Balm (compare to Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm).

It's really thick though (I have the 2004) version, and comes in a normal conditioner style bottle. I've only been using it a week or two, and I have to store it upside down if I don't want to give myself a hernia trying to squeeze it out.
Otherwise, I love it!

I was looking for a particular clip the other day that the website said was "in stores only" but the one I went to didn't have it. Mine is ULTRA tiny, though.

buttons
June 18th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Oh how cheap? I loooove jojoba oil.

I've only found two jojoba oil products at Sally, one made by Queen Helene and the other by Naturelle. They're both around $2 for an ounce but they're not 100% jojoba oil.

I did some googling and found the ingredients in the Queen Helene hot oil treatment:
Water, PPG-12-PEG-65 Lanolin Oil, Propylene Glycol, Jojoba Extract, Panthenol, Keratin Amino Acids, Polyquartenium-10, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Caramel, Fragrance.

HTH :D (Even though you weren't asking me...)

twinstimestwo
June 18th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I got my heat cap at Sally's, and it's pretty awesome! I love to put on SMT (or the Brazil Nut Butter conditioning mask from Body Shop, OR the lavender/lemon scent hair mask from Jessicurl), then a plastic shower cap (or just good ol' Saran Wrap), then the heat cap and just chill on the couch for a while. Feels great and makes my hair sooo soft! I used to use the Generic kind of Paul Mitchell WaxWorks, too - and I really like the Sally's one better than the name brand.

Cinnamon Hair
June 18th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I feel like a broken record always recommending it, but I love L'Oreal Mega Moisture in the yellow tub with green lid. It has cones and is so slick your shower floor will be slippery when you use it. Best thing ever for detangling, great as a leave-in, and amazing as a deep conditioning treatment. I have went through 6+ tubs of it over the years.

ETA: I like the cherry conditioner mentioned earlier too. The full name of it is Aura Cherry Almond Bark conditioner and it comes in a fleshtone bottle.

missy60
June 19th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I went and like I said I got in there and never come out with what I want to get. A friend went with me and she talked so much and the store was really full for some reason. I did get a couple protein treatments in the packs to try. I found the nail stuff its called nail bright its suppose to make your nail brighter in 14 days. It gives them a really pretty shine to so thats a plus I will have to see about the effect over a few days.

I couldnt find the Cherry bark conditioner I did look for it but Im not sure if I over looked it but now that I know its made by Aura I will have to check it out. I forgot my most loved conditioner by Loreal and Im almost out. I went back to mostly CO and dont use alot of cones but I do apply this to the main ends of my hair and I dont have a problem at all with build up from it.

I have got to get me a heat cap but just didnt have the money right now to invest in one. I have a hooded dryer so I am not in desperate need of one but I think it would be so much more convenient to use.

I think I need to make another trip to Sallys and make a list off this thread because I just didnt have a good visit yesterday. Maybe go by myself next time and I can really look around. I even forgot my gel and I needed that to.

missy60
June 19th, 2008, 12:50 PM
you are proboably thinking of clairol shimmer lights, when you talk about the product that makes your hair whiter and lighter with repeated uses... aka it removes yellow tones.

I would also suggest you get there protien treatments (they come in single packs that are 99 cents a piece but if you find you really like them i woud recomend you pay a little extra to get the larger containers)

I also recomend the doo gro oil and line of products (they also cary this at cvs and walgreens) i love this oil and have seen suce improved growth

(the last two suggestions are only if your hair needs protien if not just ignore it)

oops sorry i thought you said whitens hair hahah...
the stuff you are thinking of is just nail bleach (i have not really looked at the nail stuff at sally's much but i would just ask someone there if you cant get the awnswer you need here they should be able to help you0

I checked out the doo gro products at Sally's website what products have you tried? I think the oil would be great, but have you tried the detangling spray?

missy60
June 19th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I did look at the nail polish and stuff and I knew there was something else I wanted to get it was Seche Vite base coat & top coat. I tried some once when I was visiting my cousins and they really are excellent products. I just couldnt remember the name of the one she had but I talked to her last night and these are the ones.

I couldnt even make it up the color isle thats where all the brushes are there were to many people.

LaurelSpring
June 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I did some googling and found the ingredients in the Queen Helene hot oil treatment:
Water, PPG-12-PEG-65 Lanolin Oil, Propylene Glycol, Jojoba Extract, Panthenol, Keratin Amino Acids, Polyquartenium-10, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Caramel, Fragrance

Darn Im glad you posted this. No wonder it was so much cheaper!

LaurelSpring
June 19th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I've only found two jojoba oil products at Sally, one made by Queen Helene and the other by Naturelle. They're both around $2 for an ounce but they're not 100% jojoba oil.

Water, PPG-12-PEG-65 Lanolin Oil, Propylene Glycol, Jojoba Extract, Panthenol, Keratin Amino Acids, Polyquartenium-10, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Caramel, Fragrance.

HTH :D (Even though you weren't asking me...)

Oops I meant to quote that!

snowbear
June 19th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I wholeheartedly second the recommendation for the Sally's card. Mine paid for itself on my first trip--and I got a $5 off coupon for next time.

My usual Sally's list:
Seche Vite Top Coat (It's about $4 with the card)
Cure Cure Hair/Skin Conditioner (I buy the gallon size--and it's $6 with the club card)
Hask H&P Deep Treatment (They sell bottles, not just packets. In my area, the bottles are a better value)

I also buy cheapo nail polish in random colors, as well as pumice stones and callus remover.