PDA

View Full Version : How damaging do you think this is?

sweetestpoison
May 15th, 2011, 04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUktnrje6SE

I found this hairstyle on accident but really like it and wanted to know how damaging it might be.. it doesn't look too good for your hair but i could be wrong. Has anybody ever done this style before?

spidermom
May 15th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I've never tried it, but I'm concerned that the tightening the knot part would push the cuticle in the wrong direction, roughening up the texture and resulting (eventually) in breakage.

But I'm not speaking from personal experience.

squiggyflop
May 15th, 2011, 05:28 PM
i have done this style. its horrible trying to get it out at the end of the day. ripped a whole bunch of my hair trying to get it out even though i was being gentle and it took more than an hour to get out. i had almost forgotten about this horrible 'braid'.. *shudder*

neesalena
May 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM
my hair would hate that! mine isn't nearly slippery enough. I imagine, when she takes the girl's braids out, they mostly fall out with no problems. If you have that kind of hair, then maybe it's ok.

Arya
May 15th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Why not do a lace rope braid? Looks the same to me, plus waaay less damage.
divide hair into two sections, twist sections up as you wrap them down, incorporating hair only from one side. Looks almost identical, imho.

Mesmerise
May 15th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Ooooh yeah... I think that would be awful to take out... you'd have to be sooo careful!

sweetestpoison
May 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Why not do a lace rope braid? Looks the same to me, plus waaay less damage.
divide hair into two sections, twist sections up as you wrap them down, incorporating hair only from one side. Looks almost identical, imho.

Thank you! I will have to try it :)

owlathena
May 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I really like this braid too! Despite all ya'lls warnings, I think I might take a break from studying (is that what I'm doing right now?) in a bit and see if this would work as a headband rather than trying two full braids.