PDA

View Full Version : nioxin intensive therapy recharging complex

allmixedup88
May 15th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Has anyone used nioxin intensive therapy recharging complex (vitamins) I have been using them for about a month (2 a day) and I do not think I am seeing the whole 2 inches in a month, lol. The reviews for the vitamins on amazon sounded amazing, but alas not so much for me. Some on other forums say it takes 3 months before anything really happens, but I'm not too sure, because I do not know a lot about vitamins working in the body.

Anyone help?

Thank You

Mesmerise
May 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Has anyone used nioxin intensive therapy recharging complex (vitamins) I have been using them for about a month (2 a day) and I do not think I am seeing the whole 2 inches in a month, lol. The reviews for the vitamins on amazon sounded amazing, but alas not so much for me. Some on other forums say it takes 3 months before anything really happens, but I'm not too sure, because I do not know a lot about vitamins working in the body.

Anyone help?

Thank You

Is there ANY promise anywhere that you'll get 2" a month from taking this supplement?

I think it would be unlikely for most people to ever achieve that sort of growth, even with 100% perfect nutrition etc. Yes, some people do get fast growth naturally, and that can be sped up a bit... but I still think it'd be unlikely for someone who, for example, gets a average growth of 1/2" a month to suddenly get 2" just from taking a supplement!

I'm pretty sure Nioxin don't guarantee any particular rate of growth, it's just some users have said that since taking it they're now getting super fast growth.

However, I will concur that most results come from sustained use of a particular regime... which means two to three months of consistent use before you see the full results. Nevertheless, I don't necessarily think you'll get 2" a month!!

allmixedup88
May 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I think it was more internet gossip, lol. The product (manufacturer) does not guarantee anything to do with length. I'm almost at 1.5. months so I guess I will see how it works out in another 1.5 months, lol.

Firefox7275
May 15th, 2011, 05:34 PM
If you are not familiar with nutrition then why not overhaul your diet instead of randomly supplementing? There is plenty of advice on healthy eating the US government's website. It's generally easier to absorb nutrients from food and you benefit from a host of other phytonutrients, essential fats, fibre, protein, water .... plus you have the opportunity to omit the substances that your body wastes energy and nutrients digesting and eliminating.

allmixedup88
May 15th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I am very familiar with nutrition, but unfamiliar with vitamins and how they interact in your body and why you hae to wait 3 months yada yada

Firefox7275
May 15th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I am very familiar with nutrition, but unfamiliar with vitamins and how they interact in your body and why you hae to wait 3 months yada yada

It's late here so you've lost me. :o How can you know about nutrition but not vitamins?

allmixedup88
May 15th, 2011, 06:02 PM
It's late here so you've lost me. :o How can you know about nutrition but not vitamins?

I never researched vitamins to be honest, lol. I do not understand why people are saying you have to wait 3 months for vitamins to "build up" in your body. I'm really confused about that part.

Mesmerise
May 15th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I never researched vitamins to be honest, lol. I do not understand why people are saying you have to wait 3 months for vitamins to "build up" in your body. I'm really confused about that part.

Oooh well I don't think it's about vitamins building up in your body! In fact, the water soluble vitamins, like biotin, won't build up at all. It's more that the body will use all the nutrients it can on essential body functions first, and only then will it fix things like hair. However, this would only really occur if you were truly deficient.

I don't understand the full mechanism of how vitamins and minerals work in the body either (except that they're important in so many biochemical processes and may be necessary as the building blocks of various organs), but many people have only experienced the effects of supplementation after a few weeks or months of regularly taking vitamins.

However, a healthy diet really is the first step to overall health, which includes not just your hair but everything else too.

allmixedup88
May 15th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Oooh well I don't think it's about vitamins building up in your body! In fact, the water soluble vitamins, like biotin, won't build up at all. It's more that the body will use all the nutrients it can on essential body functions first, and only then will it fix things like hair. However, this would only really occur if you were truly deficient.

I don't understand the full mechanism of how vitamins and minerals work in the body either (except that they're important in so many biochemical processes and may be necessary as the building blocks of various organs), but many people have only experienced the effects of supplementation after a few weeks or months of regularly taking vitamins.

However, a healthy diet really is the first step to overall health, which includes not just your hair but everything else too.

ooooh okay thanks :-)
I'm not the best eater, but I'm trying... I'm a vegetarian and super busy.
I try to drink green shakes, protein shakes, protein bars, and fresh fruits and veggies
but I admit sometimes I get so busy I forget to eat so I eat a meal replacement bar with 20g of protein.

lauravmarcela
July 2nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
I bought my boyfriend the vitamins yesterday and took a pic and in 4 weeks I'll take another one. I hope it works for him even just a bit, he never takes his vitamins

Helix
July 2nd, 2011, 03:53 PM
I took them for about two months at the beginning of my hair journey. I noticed my hairline filled in pretty well (thinking of taking them again for this reason). The year that I took them I retained close to 7.5 inches of new growth...but I'm not sure if that was due to the nioxin or if that is my normal yearly growth rate (that year was the first time I'd ever kept track of my growth).

skraprchik
July 2nd, 2011, 06:43 PM
Part of the "internet gossip" that's missing is that the people who claim to have gotten such great growth are taking 2 tablets per day instead of the 1 suggested on the bottle.

I have been taking these just as a supplement, expecting more an improvement in my skin and nails. They do work well. For instance, I don't have very much body hair growth and never have (I can shave my legs once a month). With these my eyebrows and body hair are growing much more quickly than usual. The only caveat I have to this statement is that I have also greatly improved my fitness and have been running 3 times a week, so it might just be the exercise and not the vitamins having an effect.