PDA

View Full Version : Rooftop Shouting: I Finally Found My Curls! (Pic)

WittyWordsmith
May 15th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I wasn't sure what thread to post this in, it qualifies for 3 that I'm subscribed to, LOL. :)

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss122/wittywordsmith/Hair/007.jpg

I can't believe after only 2 weeks that my hair has changed this much. There's no way to show how my hair was naturally before, because I'd never let a picture of it be taken. It was a frizzy, kinked-out mess that WANTED to be wurly and curly but was hidden under products and heat-styling.

I've been doing CO washes and SMTs with some jojoba oil to polish or EVOO at night. I also have a spray leave-in that I use sometimes (but I didn't today.)

Now, all my effort (or lack thereof, really) is paying off and now I have actual NATURAL curls and waves!

One side is curlier than the other, so I put that side behind my shoulder so I could see the "not as nice" side better... and it's still really nice!

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss122/wittywordsmith/Hair/018.jpg

I can't believe it's MINE!! :cheese::cheese:

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss122/wittywordsmith/Hair/009.jpg

The front curls more than the back as well, and I think that's because of my layers. I'm getting spirals all over, but they're loose so it's definitely wurly and not totally curly.

I feel so jazzy knowing this is MY REAL HAIR. All that I did to "style" it was scrunch it into a T-shirt, finger comb it a LITTLE bit, and then scrunch it with my hands that had aloe vera gel on them. Once it was dry, I used THE SMALLEST amount (like 2 drops) of jojoba oil to cover my hands and then simply smooth it down around my hair. :cheese:

I have a few more pics in my LHC album of the back and side close-up.

I've never been so in love with my hair. THANK YOU LHC!!

Jean Stuart
May 15th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Lovely... So happy for you. Very nice hair.

tigr
May 15th, 2011, 03:41 PM
This is wonderful!

Your wurls look great!

skyblue
May 15th, 2011, 03:43 PM
it looks awesome!

long&blonde
May 15th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Your curls are beautiful. Congrats! :)

Firefox7275
May 15th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Looking good! :) The back of mine won't curl properly if it gets too dry before I scrunch in leave-in conditioner, is that a possibility for you?

Lippytoes
May 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Very gorgeous!

WittyWordsmith
May 15th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks everyone!!

Looking good! :) The back of mine won't curl properly if it gets too dry before I scrunch in leave-in conditioner, is that a possibility for you?

I'm learning that I really need to do everything while it's wet/damp. My front is definitely different than the back, which is really just nice waves. If I wait to put the leave-in in, or don't scrunch with aloe early enough, the results aren't as good. It's interesting how fickle it all is, huh?

But I finally feel like I'm getting hold of what it needs and what I should do when.

As the day progresses, I feel like it's wurling up even more, so it looks nice and natural!

Can't wait until my hubby gets home and sees it!

elbow chic
May 15th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Very nice! Your coloring reminds me of my son's. :) What color do you call your eyes? Pretty, they are!

Scarlet_Heart
May 15th, 2011, 03:58 PM
You are so pretty (as is your lovely, shiny, wurly hair)!

WittyWordsmith
May 15th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Very nice! Your coloring reminds me of my son's. :) What color do you call your eyes? Pretty, they are!

Awe, you're so sweet!

My eyes have been brown until the last few years, when they've started getting some hazel into them. I had my dad's brown eyes, then suddenly they started turning on me and I was getting my mom's hazel! I wonder how common that is for adults.

My husband likes to tell me they're "gold" but I just say brownish hazel. LOL

Eire
May 15th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Wow, looks curly enough that maybe a change in hair typing is in order? I am seeing spirals instead of S-shapes...

jil
May 15th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Wow! Your hair looks gorgeous. :)
I know you said that you didn't use it for the pictures, but what is the "spray leave-in" that you use sometimes? Store bought or home made? Thanks.

spitfire511
May 15th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Gorgeous and shiny! Congrats on finding those curls. :D

Firefly
May 15th, 2011, 04:44 PM
So pretty! I love the color, too.

growingpains
May 15th, 2011, 04:49 PM
You looks so happy:)

I'm glad for you. You're hair looks great!!!

I agree maybe a hair re-typing is in order?

BranwenWolf
May 15th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Lovely lovely spiral curls!

LaceyNg
May 15th, 2011, 06:00 PM
maybe i just missed you saying it somewhere, but are you 'cone free? just curious!
your hair looks great!

Debra83
May 15th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Very nice!!! Doesn't it just make you fall off your feet when you realize THIS is your hair, and that you've been fighting it all your life!?!!! I had a similar revelation since joining LHC. Mind Blowing!

racrane
May 15th, 2011, 08:15 PM
My hair turned out to be so curly as well, and I completely understand how exciting this is! Yay! Your hair is beautiful. :)

jojo
May 15th, 2011, 08:40 PM
you are as pretty as your hair........go wurls!

SurprisingWoman
May 15th, 2011, 08:51 PM
But I finally feel like I'm getting hold of what it needs and what I should do when.

And this is what makes LHC great.

Also I love that little bit about being excited for the hubby to get home. That's a good thing too. :)

LadieRyrie
May 15th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Pretty! :joy:

Unnamed
May 15th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Congrats on finding your 'real hair'! And oh, those wurls/spirals are quite pretty! :oops:

I've just recently discovered my hair spirals myself (which mostly don't last/frizz/fluff out, though, *sigh*), but isn't it a neat feeling? :D

WittyWordsmith
May 16th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Wow, looks curly enough that maybe a change in hair typing is in order? I am seeing spirals instead of S-shapes...

Well this makes it all the more exciting I guess. So do you think I should adjust to a 3a? I'm still more wavy in back... so maybe a mix of 2c/3a. That seems so exotic to me! :D

Wow! Your hair looks gorgeous. :)
I know you said that you didn't use it for the pictures, but what is the "spray leave-in" that you use sometimes? Store bought or home made? Thanks.

The leave-in is one I made out of my Suave Naturals Sun-Ripened Strawberry. I have an 8 oz spray bottle and I put about 1/4 tablespoon of the conditioner in there and a few drops of jojoba.

maybe i just missed you saying it somewhere, but are you 'cone free? just curious!
your hair looks great!

I am cone-free! I haven't used any cones since the end of April. My hair feels much lighter, too!

Thank you ALL for your compliments! You've made my night! :D

CrystalStar
May 16th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Very pretty wurlies! Hair to be proud of! :D

When I came here my hair was wavier, but as it got in better condition it got straighter and straighter!

Ishje
May 16th, 2011, 12:58 AM
it looks amazing :D

pixiestar
May 16th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Your hair is beautiful:D I love your curls and wurls:D

PrincessBob
May 16th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Happy and pretty curls you've got there!

Qamar
May 16th, 2011, 03:14 AM
The colour and texture are gorgeous...and the SHINE! *donning shades*

beccababesx
May 16th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Wow, those curls look like something out of a shampoo commercial! Absolutely stunning.

Qadupae
May 16th, 2011, 03:27 AM
You are quite welcome Witty ^_^ Your curls look awesome and I love your color!