PDA

View Full Version : 2 Yrs of Growth and Now I'm at... ?

Scarlet_Heart
May 15th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Good Sunday, all!

I got my hair cut to chin in May 2009 (from waist) and regretted it almost immediately. I suppose that's why I don't have any pictures of it until July and only because we were at a Red Sox game :p

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/eelaynuh/DSC07339.jpg

Anyway, I had been using strawberry blonde hair color which is why I am also trying to grow out the damage from that :rolleyes: Oh well. I have LHC to thank for helping me to learn the error of my ways.

So although I just joined LHC in March of this year, I have been growing for two years now. This is where I'm at.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/eelaynuh/DSC09275.jpg

So May 2009 to May 2011. Looks much more healthy right? I just need some help with categorizing my length. I've been saying I'm at waist because I am 5'10" and have a loooong waist and my hair is dangling there somewhere. I suppose I am just barely at waist or maybe need like 2 or 3 more inches to solidly say I'm there. What do you think? "Can I call this waist?" :p My goal is TBL and then I'll maintain and grow out my layers.

Anyway thanks for helping with this and I won't be offended if you don't think I'm quite there yet. I don't want to go around saying I'm at waist if I'm not :doh:

ChatNoir
May 15th, 2011, 12:03 PM
It hits the smallest part of your torso as far as I can tell, so I would call that waist, yes :)

tigr
May 15th, 2011, 12:03 PM
You're not quite at waist. But you're *so close*! And your hair is a lovely color now. What do you use for color?

krissykins
May 15th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Looks beautiful! I'd say you are at waist.

I see you're a big Red Sox fan (you just look far too happy in that first picture :wink:).

Avital88
May 15th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I would say one more inch to waist! Nice hair though..

Scarlet_Heart
May 15th, 2011, 12:07 PM
You're not quite at waist. But you're *so close*! And your hair is a lovely color now. What do you use for color?

Thanks for the input! I've been feeling that way for months! "Rrrghh... I'm almost there! Am I there? I think I might be there!" lol

I use yemeni henna! I love it. It gives the look I want: a natural-looking dark red. After years of having box red dye wash out, it's so nice to have something that doesn't fade AND is good for my hair :)

jil
May 15th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Looks like waist. (For sure if you consider the shrinkage from your waves)
Your color is awesome btw. :)

and I noticed that we have almost the same hair types! :)

Scarlet_Heart
May 15th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Looks like waist. (For sure if you consider the shrinkage from your waves)
Your color is awesome btw. :)

and I noticed that we have almost the same hair types! :)

Wow... :thud: Yes we do. Looking at your pics gives me an idea of what mine might look like later. If mine looks anything like yours when I get to my goal length, I will be one happy camper! :flower:

xoxophelia
May 15th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Depends on what you personally want to call waist but considering your hair seems to have a lot of body and some wave, I would think wet you would be even past waist. So, personally, I would measure based off of that and call you waist. Measuring dry with hair like yours (and mine) I find just gives results way too random to track.

Your hair looks great whatever length you decide to call it. :)

lw8666
May 15th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Your hair is so beautiful and it is such an inspiration! I have been growing from chin and it has been 1 year and 3 months! I hope I am where you are at in 2 years! Beautiful! :)

Scarlet_Heart
May 15th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Wow thanks everyone for adding your sweet compliments! I suppose I'll just call it waist just because it's simpler. I'm basically there I guess.

Thanks so much for the help! LHC has such a rare commodity in the friendly and helpful members it has. :love:

littlenvy
May 15th, 2011, 12:53 PM
:) GREAT growth! Lovely hair. And you are for sure waist. It looks to me like your head is a bit forward witch will put you at waist in my view. :)

Firefox7275
May 15th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Your waist is the thinnest part of the torso, you look to be there tho it's a little difficult to be sure because your sweater is bunched up. :)

pepperminttea
May 15th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I'd say you're just at waist. Just one more inch to solid waist length. :) It looks lovely too, great waves!

ooo
May 15th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Impressive! I started growing at the same time, but my hair is not half as long.

spidermom
May 15th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I think you're less than one inch from waist (dry).

Jemoiselle
May 15th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Astounding growth! Looks like waist to me. Great condition too! I chopped almost 1 year after you and have seemingly gone nowhere since. seriously, working on APL from a POB. Good job growing! I can only dream of growth like that! Wow!

*Seraphina*
May 15th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Your hair looks great! Did you trimmed your hair in the last 2 years?

Scarlet_Heart
May 15th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Your hair looks great! Did you trimmed your hair in the last 2 years?

Thank you so much! :flower: Once it got to my shoulders I think I went back to have the layers shaped more like long hair and not like the short hair style it used to be. That was probably 4 months or so after the original cut. Other than that, no. Just S&D.

Jean Stuart
May 15th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Your hair is beautiful!

Mesmerise
May 15th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Your hair looks lovely, and that's great growth for two years!

I would say you'd definitely be at waist with your hair stretched, as it's got a bit of wave which will make it sit a bit higher. I think dry your hair is almost at waist.

I personally measure my hair stretched lol, so it will reach waist stretched before it reaches waist dry. However, I think the actual waist accomplishment occurs when you can get your wet or stretched hair to waist ;) It just doesn't feel quite at waist until it sits there all the time!

skyblue
May 15th, 2011, 03:48 PM
it looks like waist to me
love love your hair! Very healthy looking!

growingpains
May 15th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I think you're just at waist dry and wet it'd be past waist, so definitely do call yourself waist!!

Looks great!

allmixedup88
May 15th, 2011, 03:59 PM
your hair looks shiny and soft omgosh it looks gorgeous

Dragon
May 15th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Your hair looks great :) I think its almost waist.

jojo
May 15th, 2011, 09:06 PM
your a flys fart away from waist and looking good!

gogirlanime
May 15th, 2011, 10:04 PM
WOW well done, and your hair is in such great condition, nice and thick :)

zirena
May 15th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Oh my gosh! :O Dream hair! The colour and texture is gorgeous, congrats on 2 years!

Barbie Diamond
May 15th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Love the color and thickness, very pretty!

Qamar
May 16th, 2011, 12:07 AM
That's great growth! Your hair looks *almost* waist--perhaps just one inch to go. Congratulations!

CrystalStar
May 16th, 2011, 12:10 AM
I'd go ahead and call it waist! You're pretty much there! :D

Debra83
May 16th, 2011, 12:37 AM
I'd say you're just at waist. Just one more inch to solid waist length. :) It looks lovely too, great waves!

Stole the words right out of my mouth!!! That's my primary goal too!!! Lucky Girl!!

your a flys fart away from waist and looking good!

:rollin::misskim::redgrin::bounce: Hilarious jojo!!!! :rolling:

Yozhik
May 16th, 2011, 01:43 AM
That's some beautiful hair, Scarlet Heart!

I'd call it waist, for sure, although it's mostly your tippy tips which are touching. :)

Phexlyn
May 16th, 2011, 02:19 AM
You're so close to waist, but not quite there. Just a tiny bit missing, and I'm sure you'll grow that in no time. Happy anniversary, your hair will look gorgeous at tailbone length! :)

beccababesx
May 16th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Definitely looks like waist to me. Absolutely stunning hair regardless, I'm getting mega hair envy over here! The face covering on the first one made me laugh as well haha.

Qadupae
May 16th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Awesome hair growth! Love the color ^_^ Also, love your smiley dude ^_^

tolly
May 16th, 2011, 04:09 AM
the color is lovely, I like how henna always come out different on every head. looks like waist length to me

lilalong
May 16th, 2011, 04:14 AM
It's waist, I think. It looks great!!!