PDA

View Full Version : Before & after pics of self trim (first trim in 13 months)

xladolcevitax
May 15th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I used Feye's method for a slight u-shaped hemline. It was the first time ive used this method and im really happy with the result. It was so easy to do :)

I cant seem to figure out how to have photos next to each other instead of one under the other. oh well here are the pics:

Before:
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae130/xladolcevitax/lhcnew.jpg
and after:
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae130/xladolcevitax/lhcnew3.jpg

alyanna
May 15th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Wow! That was quick! It looks great! Much better than before. Most importantly, how do you feel about the results? Are you satisfied or do you still feel uncomfortable with your ends?

I think your hair looks really good. If you keep up the microtrims, you'll have an amazing, thick, waist-length hemline :)

xladolcevitax
May 15th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I think my ends are still a bit too thin and they will be until i get rid of my layers (its hard to see them in the pic but i have some about 2 inches above my hemline). I just couldnt bear to part with any more length than this!

BUT i am much happier with the ends and feel better about wearing my hair down now. It also feels much better to touch whch is always nice :)

Avital88
May 15th, 2011, 09:01 AM
You did a good job and i love your haircolor.. I would suggest microtrimming too from now on and in no time your back to waist with a super hemline

Yozhik
May 15th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Great job! I used feye's method a couple of months ago with great success, too. :)

I really love how your hemline and ends look now!

jojo
May 15th, 2011, 10:40 AM
oh my what a beautiful result; your hair was stunning before but now its even more so :thudpile:

Rocket22
May 15th, 2011, 10:52 AM
I love it! looks much thicker! amazing what a trim will do and I bet it feels tons better

Sundial
May 15th, 2011, 10:58 AM
It's amazing what a big difference such a small trim made! Your hem looks much thicker now

Messyhair
May 15th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Looking good!! I used Feye's deeper u method in January for my first trim in 18 months. I forgot to finish up and trim off the tip, though, so I have more of a v-shape happening. :o

Rini
May 15th, 2011, 12:29 PM
VERY good job! How much would you say you cut off? I need to do this too as I haven't cut in about a year and my ends are soooo wispy!

xoxophelia
May 15th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Looks really good to me :)

Happy to see even those with straight hair get good results with this. I thought perhaps I only do because my hair is wavy enough to "hide" my errors. But it does seem to actually work really well.

lw8666
May 15th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Wow, looks great!! Nice job!

весна
May 15th, 2011, 01:05 PM
It doesn't look shorter but it looks hundred times healthier and prettier. :)

*Seraphina*
May 15th, 2011, 02:48 PM
It looks great, you did a good job!

skyblue
May 15th, 2011, 03:57 PM
it looks much better! Now you can either let it grow or do monthly tiny micro trims
it will help keep your ends thick and grow out at the same time lol

allmixedup88
May 15th, 2011, 04:01 PM
that looks really good wow

princess03
May 15th, 2011, 04:24 PM
your results looks great ! congrats :)

xladolcevitax
May 15th, 2011, 05:49 PM
VERY good job! How much would you say you cut off? I need to do this too as I haven't cut in about a year and my ends are soooo wispy!

I took about 2 inches off but because my hair was quite tapered before and i had quite a deep u thing going on, it was only 2 inches off the longest bits.. for the rest of my hair it was only an inch or less.

Im going to microtrim from now on :)

Debra83
May 15th, 2011, 06:21 PM
It looks very nice now! (it looked good before too, but now looks more "polished").

Jean Stuart
May 15th, 2011, 06:58 PM
You did a great job!

Madora
May 15th, 2011, 07:02 PM
@ xladolcevitax...

The trim did wonders for your hair. Now it looks like spun gold, vibrant and healthy. Good for you!

x0h_bother
May 15th, 2011, 07:25 PM
:thud::thudpile:

beccababesx
May 16th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Wow! Your hair looks beautiful and so healthy after that cut. I think I'll be trying this trim method!! Haha.

2peasinapod
May 16th, 2011, 03:48 AM
It looks great! Your hair looked amazing before, but now the ends look so much thicker. Very even, too.

I love your color, by the way! :flower:

tolly
May 16th, 2011, 04:00 AM
looks good. wish i could self trim but with just four inches of curly hair....this method doesn't work. and I cut too much when I tried in small sections...still looking for someone I can trust to trim not cut it.

xladolcevitax
May 16th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the complements everyone :)

It feels so short now! Even though it's below BSL which I used to think was so long. Im happy with it though and will be back to waist in about 4/5 months i hope.:)

Its amazing how your perceptions can change like this once youve had it really long. I didnt originally intend to take so much of the length (was only gonna take off 1/2 an inch) off but felt it was necessary to take more off to get the ends looking thicker and to make the hemline more straight across/shallow u shaped instead of deep u/v shaped. Ive been looking forwrd to having a straighter hemline for years but my layers have stopped it from being possible. I think it looks better on my hair as it makes it look thicker.

I love deep u and v shaped hemlines on thick, curly and wavy hair though :)

Colourful
May 16th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Beautiful hair! :)

WaitingSoLong
May 16th, 2011, 06:45 AM
You used the same method I use, only I modify it so the U is more straight. You hair color is BEAUTIFUL....and with the fresh trim the texture looks absolutely vibrant.

xladolcevitax
May 16th, 2011, 07:48 AM
You used the same method I use, only I modify it so the U is more straight. You hair color is BEAUTIFUL....and with the fresh trim the texture looks absolutely vibrant.

How do you make the U more straight? I would like to try that next time.

Thank you! Your hair colour are absolutely stunning :)

lapushka
May 16th, 2011, 07:50 AM
It always amazes me what a small trim can do. Nicely done! :thumbsup:

vanity_acefake
May 16th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Your hair looks amazing.
The ends look so much thicker now.

WaitingSoLong
May 16th, 2011, 08:28 AM
How do you make the U more straight? I would like to try that next time.

Thank you! Your hair colour are absolutely stunning :)

Don't tilt your head down as much, also, I split the hair in two sections and pull it over my shoulders to check for evenness, I trim it up a bit then if it seems to U.

knoxkatie
May 16th, 2011, 09:06 AM
It's amazing to me how a trim can actually make hair appear longer :D Maybe a healthy hemline draws the eyes downward?

It looks great!

xladolcevitax
May 16th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Don't tilt your head down as much, also, I split the hair in two sections and pull it over my shoulders to check for evenness, I trim it up a bit then if it seems to U.

So do you do the bit where you put it in a pony and cut off the very tip?

carabean
May 16th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Your trim is beautiful! You did a really great (and inspiring!) job!

WaitingSoLong
May 17th, 2011, 08:14 AM
So do you do the bit where you put it in a pony and cut off the very tip?

No. I don't trust my ponytails to be straight/pulled down even.

Barbie Diamond
May 18th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Your hair looks awesome!