PDA

View Full Version : I made the best leave in...

bella77
May 15th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I have been experimenting for years with leave in conditioners and spritzers. I finally concocted something that I really love!!! It's really not measured, just kinda a squirt here and a drop there, I used an old pump style bottle my the ingredients are...
a good squirt of tresemme naturals moisturizing conditioner
fill the bottle 3/4 way with distilled or purified water
a squirt of camellia oil
a squirt of mizani oil- I bought this at Ulta, no cones, it's a lot of different oils together
a squirt of aloe
a quirt of glycerin
a squirt of jojoba oil

It is extremely watery and I only need 2 pumps for my whole hair, but it makes my hair shiny and much less frizzy. Just thought I would share something that is working for me!!:cheese:

Sophie.Bold
May 15th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Thanks you Bella!
Never thought of glycerine :0
Mine is peppermint, coconut, water! :)

bella77
May 15th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Thanks you Bella!
Never thought of glycerine :0
Mine is peppermint, coconut, water! :) peppermint- cool!!! I may have to get some of that. I find my coconut oil always solidifies if I use it in anything except for a deep oiling- meaning right out of the jar, if I try to put it in a spritzer or leav in- it gets all funky, how do you use yours?

Sundial
May 15th, 2011, 07:43 AM
It does sound like Kimberlilys defrizz spray except that the quantities might be different :p components are the same though

jojo
May 15th, 2011, 10:39 AM
wonderful! i must try thanks for sharing!

bella77
May 15th, 2011, 10:50 AM
ok, after letting this sit for a week or so, I made it last week. I think maybe the aloe caused it to coagulate a bit, so I made a new one and omitted the aloe to see if it's any better. I also added some garnier triple moisture conditioner. Have not used the new one yet, hope to after I cassis later today!

bella77
May 15th, 2011, 10:52 AM
It does sound like Kimberlilys defrizz spray except that the quantities might be different :p components are the same though
I do love that spray, this is a bit different as the conditioner quantity definately makes it not spritzer bottle compatible, It's more like a runny lotion consistency.

Jean Stuart
May 15th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Maybe that is why my leave in seems to tangle my ends... the coconut oil. Light bulb moment. Thanks for the revalation.

Garnett
May 15th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I know the feeling! I just managed something similar. The last few weeks I've been using a mix of an Aveda balancing oil for dry skin (like, 2-3 drops) 85% jojoba oil, and the rest Burts Bees repair serum. (its for wrinkles and didn't work for my skin) It makes my ends feel SO soft and doesn't build up like I feel coconut oil does. I am so happy to have finally made a leave in/oil that I really really love. Congrats!!

bella77
May 15th, 2011, 02:26 PM
that sounds lovely Garnett!!