PDA

View Full Version : What are your opinions on this home made shampoo?

shikara
May 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but was just googling numerous hair related things and ran across this:

In a blender combine 1 ounce olive oil, 1 egg, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp. ACV.

That's it!! Ever tried it? Would you?

Roseate
May 14th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Sounds suspiciously like a recipe for Caesar salad dressing! :p

Seriously, though, I know there are folks here who do egg-shampoo, but I've never looked into it. Other than the egg, I've used all those ingredients on my hair at one time or another, and my hair likes all of them, so it sounds like it could be good.

A warning I've heard here often: if you use egg in your hair, rinse with cold water. Otherwise, the egg starts to firm up from the heat and you'll be picking it out for a week!

Tatybird
May 14th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Every now and then I use an egg to wash my hair. It was a good suggestion to rinse your hair with cold water to avoid the egg firming up, although I am not sure that cold water will be good enough to clean your hair if you use oil in your recipe. I also use all the other ingredients on my hair separately, and my hair likes all of them.

elbow chic
May 14th, 2011, 05:24 PM
yeah, really, put a clove of garlic in that thing and then you WOULD have salad dressing. lol.

I say give it a shot and see how it goes! Why not?

jojo
May 14th, 2011, 06:14 PM
i thought more mayonnaise, one thing if it dont work you can always dip your chips in it!