PDA

View Full Version : 1 inch in two weeeeks!

NaiadOreiad
May 14th, 2011, 03:18 AM
I don't know how the hell it happened but I measured and remeasured 5 times.

On may 1: 21 inches
May 14: 22 inches

Only things I have been doing differently:

1. No elastics (using a hairfork instead, cinnamon bun everyday)
2. Drinking 2 cups of rooibos tea every day
3. Weightlifting and rock climbing
4. Nightbloomings triple moon oil scalp massage every other day

Things I have been doing for a while now:
Riding my bicycle to work every day
Stretching
Meditation (I think stress affects my hair growth, i had a stall in early winter because I was very very stressed)
Eating Eggs form my local farmer (at least one a day but usually 2)
Whole grains and lots of beans! (garbanzo, kidney, black, refried etc)
Water or juice or herbal tea to drink
Washing with ghassoul, rinsing with BohemianBeetnik's Rosemary nettle vinegar rinse.

I am so happy! Along with my diet of 80% fresh fruits and veg at each meal, I think i might reach waist by the end of summer!:D

Have you ever had a sudden and surprising boost in growth from doing any of these things? Did you have a sudden boost from something else? please share youe experiences!

Firefox7275
May 14th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Your lifestyle sounds wonderfully healthy and pleased to hear it is resulting in impressive growth! :) Don't forget the essential fatty acids tho.

NaiadOreiad
May 14th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Your lifestyle sounds wonderfully healthy and pleased to hear it is resulting in impressive growth! :) Don't forget the essential fatty acids tho.

I would imagine those would be in the eggs I am eating, at least I think so. I also eat alot of olive oil and ghee in my food. On occassion I also eat salmon and tuna.

skyblue
May 14th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Yes but I'm thinking it's my imagination lol
I trimmed last on April 5 back to 37 inches and
yesterday May 13 I measured just under 38 inches!
so gonna wait a few weeks and measure again lol!!

CrystalStar
May 14th, 2011, 04:38 AM
With a diet and lifestyle like that I'm sure you put many of us to shame! *Just finished bacon sandwich for breakfast*

Rooibos tea is said to cause rapid hair growth.. :)

spitfire511
May 14th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Wow! Congratulations on the great growth, and you also definitely put my diet to shame as well (takes another bite of fresh-out-of-oven chocolate chip scone)

But it's definitely inspirational - thank you!

NaiadOreiad
May 14th, 2011, 06:17 AM
The diet is mostly from lazyness. Its so easy to eat fresh because there is no cooking involved, just chop and assemble! Its like ikea for lunch.

phoepha
May 14th, 2011, 06:40 AM
ha ha: Ikea for lunch! - loved this expression!
your diet and lifestyle in general are so healthy! you've just reminded me that I have to go to the gym ))
Congratulations on such a rapid hair growth! Measure in 2 weeks and share your results with us! I hope your hair will keep up the growth rate and you'll reach your goal sooner!

Aurantia
May 14th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Good Lord. I would love to live in your body for a week -- it makes me absolutely ache for my long lost glowing health just reading your list.

Congrats on the growth! I think you may have inspired me to eat better and exercise more this week! :)

happybear
May 14th, 2011, 07:09 AM
wow, that's awesome!

Jean Stuart
May 14th, 2011, 07:18 AM
congratulations. I hope your healthy lifestyle inspires others to improve their health.

annieangel149
May 14th, 2011, 07:21 AM
With a diet and lifestyle like that I'm sure you put many of us to shame! *Just finished bacon sandwich for breakfast*

Rooibos tea is said to cause rapid hair growth.. :)

really?? so where can i find Rooibos tea? health food store? Do Holland and Barratt sell it? im in the UK! :D

jojo
May 14th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Well done I recently had a good growth spurt too but not that much, now where can I buy this wonderful tea from?

squiggyflop
May 14th, 2011, 08:01 AM
*shrug* i got 3 inches a month taking natrol skin hair nails and centrum. i have a very high protein diet as i cannot digest (become ill when i eat) most vegetables and fruits. which sucks because i love apples but i cant eat them often.

thats how i was able to go from shoulder to bsl in 2 months with a 2 inch trim.

so what im saying is, yeah it happens to other people too. mine was premeditated so i wasnt surprised with the growth.

disclaimer: not everyone who takes the vitamins i listed above will get 3 inches a month. im a freak and have a higher maximum growth rate etched into my genes. genetics is the main factor, then diet, then stress level.. also natrol is now too expensive and tastes/smells bad. so i dont take it. if you have an extra 20$ (it used to be 6$) then good for you all.. im not paying 20$ a month to take a pill that smells like death

Aurantia
May 14th, 2011, 08:06 AM
disclaimer: not everyone who takes the vitamins i listed above will get 3 inches a month. im a freak and have a higher maximum growth rate etched into my genes. genetics is the main factor, then diet, then stress level.. also natrol is now too expensive and tastes/smells bad. so i dont take it. if you have an extra 20$ (it used to be 6$) then good for you all.. im not paying 20$ a month to take a pill that smells like death

squiggy, lol. :lol:

EmiliaF
May 14th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Interesting.

I cut my hair from 36'' to 32'' on January 4th and measured two weeks later at which point it was at 34''. I couldn't believe it and re-measured but it always came out at 34''. Since then it has only grown about 2''... in 4 months. Very depressing.
I have been trying to find out what caused this for months and tried Biotin and other vitamins, castor oil and other oils and nothing has made a difference.

BUT this thread made me realize that this was precisely the two weeks when I had started my new lab rotation and had bought some Roiboos tea because I was trying to quit diet coke (new years resolution...). But I stopped drinking it when I fell back into my old routine a few weeks later... (by now I have been able to quit after a 10 year addiction). Maybe this had something to do with it. I wouldn't know why, but who cares...:D

Needless to say I just ran out of the house like a madwoman to get new Roiboos tea...:ale:

pixiestar
May 14th, 2011, 08:28 AM
really?? so where can i find Rooibos tea? health food store? Do Holland and Barratt sell it? im in the UK! :D

You can get rooibos tea in any supermarker:D I have sainsbury's own make, but it is also known as redbush tea.

Congrats to NaiadOriad on amazing growth:D

annieangel149
May 14th, 2011, 08:32 AM
You can get rooibos tea in any supermarker:D I have sainsbury's own make, but it is also known as redbush tea.

ahhh okay! thanks! i know what redbush tea is! didn't realize it was the same thing! i tried this tea at a friends house a few years ago! its nice and i had no idea it stimulated hair growth! thanks again for the info :)

vanillabones
May 14th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Can you drink this tea cold and it have the same effect?

happybear
May 14th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I drank roobois once but found the flavor weird, so never had it again. I am not going to let that stop me now, lol

krissykins
May 14th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Sigh. I keep telling myself to go get some rooibos tea, but I just don't like drinking tea.

*adds tea grocery shopping list* Hopefully I'll remember this time.

I'm blaming the growth on the tea, weightlifting, and Nightblooming's special oil. But the reduced breakage helps with length too ^^

Jemoiselle
May 14th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Ha, grocers everywhere are going to be scratching their heads wondering why it's suddenly hard to keep the rooibos tea in stock. Congrats on that growth! My diet is similar to yours, but I am entirely whole foods and exclusive of (abstain from) all dairy, wheat and meat. Even I don't get that much growth! You are amazing amazing amazing!

Off to get some Rooibos, like everyone else who reads this! Thanks for sharing!

jojo
May 14th, 2011, 11:08 AM

thanks pixiestar.......your a star! i will check that out!

NJoy
May 14th, 2011, 02:17 PM
What the?! You mean I was just about to have a cup of green tea when I have roobios sitting in my cabinet. I was drinking it a while back (not long tho). I wonder if that helped with my rapid growth last year. Hmmmm. Off to brew some roobios tea.

Firefox7275
May 14th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Interesting.

I cut my hair from 36'' to 32'' on January 4th and measured two weeks later at which point it was at 34''. I couldn't believe it and re-measured but it always came out at 34''. Since then it has only grown about 2''... in 4 months. Very depressing.
I have been trying to find out what caused this for months and tried Biotin and other vitamins, castor oil and other oils and nothing has made a difference.

BUT this thread made me realize that this was precisely the two weeks when I had started my new lab rotation and had bought some Roiboos tea because I was trying to quit diet coke (new years resolution...). But I stopped drinking it when I fell back into my old routine a few weeks later... (by now I have been able to quit after a 10 year addiction). Maybe this had something to do with it. I wouldn't know why, but who cares...:D

Needless to say I just ran out of the house like a madwoman to get new Roiboos tea...:ale:

Might be down to quitting the Diet Coke; as you may know if you are a scientist that stuff is inflammatory chemical soup. :(

HintOfMint
May 14th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Great growth, but I'm more impressed with your diet and lifestyle! Very healthy, very cool.

krissykins
May 14th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Might be down to quitting the Diet Coke; as you may know if you are a scientist that stuff is inflammatory chemical soup. :(

Ugh, yes! I don't understand how people get addicted to Diet Coke. That stuff is downright disgusting and just plain wrong.

christine1989
May 14th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Congrats! I'm going to have to incorporate some of that into my routine (sans eggs- I have a bit of an egg phobia ;)) Keeps us posted on if this amazing growth continues!

jojo
May 14th, 2011, 03:04 PM
@ firefox, you may just have a point there! ive quit diet coke well the fizzy rubbish and my hair has started growing again!

Firefox7275
May 14th, 2011, 03:11 PM
@ firefox, you may just have a point there! ive quit diet coke well the fizzy rubbish and my hair has started growing again!

:disco: Yey, have a dancing banana (what could be healthier?). Always nice to have unexpected 'side effects' when you do something positive for your health. :D

Ugh, yes! I don't understand how people get addicted to Diet Coke. That stuff is downright disgusting and just plain wrong.

For a start some sweeteners make you thirsty. :shake: I'm not in a position to judge, sitting here chomping dark chocolate coated crystallised ginger! 53% sugar oops.

EmiliaF
May 14th, 2011, 03:14 PM

Yes, good point, but in January I only succeeded to abstain from diet coke for like 2-3 days at a time. I quit for good 2 months ago and that hasn't changed anything in my hair growth rate :)

cowgirllong
May 14th, 2011, 04:10 PM
That is so wonderful! Maybe I should eat and drink like you...

allmixedup88
May 14th, 2011, 05:50 PM
oh my gosh LOL ikea for lunch

krissykins
May 14th, 2011, 05:59 PM
For a start some sweeteners make you thirsty. :shake: I'm not in a position to judge, sitting here chomping dark chocolate coated crystallised ginger! 53% sugar oops.
It's true. Soda dehydrates me sooo badly. But I've been proudly soda free for 14 months and the hair growth has been wonderful. :D

It's okay, Firefox, we can talk about the evils of sweeteners while you eat your chocolate and I devour my cupcake! Nom nom nom!

gthlvrmx
May 14th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Yes! Go exercising! :) I had a burst too, twice actually where i grew an inch in two weeks :p
Protein, protein, protein, good for making hair, good for making muscle :D

NaiadOreiad
May 14th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Can you drink this tea cold and it have the same effect?

Yeah I drink it cold alot, I am too lazy to drink it all at the optimum temperature, also I make it reallly reallly strong.

NaiadOreiad
May 14th, 2011, 11:07 PM
*shrug* i got 3 inches a month taking natrol skin hair nails and centrum. i have a very high protein diet as i cannot digest (become ill when i eat) most vegetables and fruits. which sucks because i love apples but i cant eat them often.

so what im saying is, yeah it happens to other people too. mine was premeditated so i wasnt surprised with the growth.

I think protein has sooo much to do with it, all the beans I eat and eggs plays a big role, when I am not eating so much, my hair shows it.

Have you tried making fruit smoothies? I (being too lazy to eat my fruit separatly) chop up a banana and an apple (and maybe a strawberry and a little young spinach, or dates if I have them) and throw it in the blender with some juice. Whammo, instant fruit fix and easy to stomach!

(I totally long for your hypergrowing genetics!)

NaiadOreiad
May 14th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I really think the rooibos helped a great deal, and the excercise! I only lift weights three days a week, and I am seeing SUCH and improvement in my health and hair.

Here is my routine for anyone interested in lifting at the gym. I honestly can't stay in the gym for longer than 30 minutes because of all the soldiers and people around (ugh). 30 minutes is just enough time to get 3 sets of 15 reps (for each excercise station) and then get the heck out of there.

day 1: Back and Biceps (usually two excercises each with a wildcard excercise thrown in)
day 2: Chest and triceps
day 3: shoulders and abs

My leg workout comes from my biking and we climb at a a local gym maybe once or twice a week.

^_____^ thanks everyone for your kind words!

NaiadOreiad
May 14th, 2011, 11:55 PM
It's true. Soda dehydrates me sooo badly. But I've been proudly soda free for 14 months and the hair growth has been wonderful. :D

It's okay, Firefox, we can talk about the evils of sweeteners while you eat your chocolate and I devour my cupcake! Nom nom nom!

Good job! Quitting is soda is hard but once you kick the habit, its easy not to drink it. When we crave teh fizzy, we usually have fizzy mineral water and mix it with juice.

I don't think I have had any soda for 4 or 5 years, but I am a sucker for Dark Chococlate.. nom nom

My biggest weakness? Peppermint Ritter Sport... in fact i think there is some around here.......^__^

Mesmerise
May 15th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Hmm think I need to get back into weights! Too bad I can't afford a gym membership at the moment.

I have some rooibos tea at home, and try to drink at least 1 cup a day, but I may need to increase that to two! I probably also need more protein... I don't know how much I get really, and probably should keep better track of the protein foods I consume (as a vegetarian I don't eat any meat... so need to be careful with that).

Anyway, great growth NaiadOreiad!! Very inspiring :D. I'm always looking for things I can add to my diet or change in my lifestyle that will lead to greater hair growth (as well as overall improvement in health, skin etc. lol).

Debra83
May 15th, 2011, 01:13 AM

Frickin' HILARIOUS!!!!!!! :D

Debra83
May 15th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Hilarious, too, that with all the "good" things the op is doing, we jump on the tea!!!! LOL

missoj
May 15th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Drinking rooibos is also good for your skin and it's healthier than normal black tea.

squiggyflop
May 15th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I think protein has sooo much to do with it, all the beans I eat and eggs plays a big role, when I am not eating so much, my hair shows it.

Have you tried making fruit smoothies? I (being too lazy to eat my fruit separatly) chop up a banana and an apple (and maybe a strawberry and a little young spinach, or dates if I have them) and throw it in the blender with some juice. Whammo, instant fruit fix and easy to stomach!

(I totally long for your hypergrowing genetics!)
lol i cant even have apple juice. i can oddly eat bananas. strawberries a can stomach in small amounts cooked.. i like them in mochi.. just put them in the blender with the batter and blend then cook the mochi and serve over ice cream. i very occasionally treat myself to a smoothie. but its always a berry one and i always seem to get sick after. *shrug* my diet is meat, dairy, grains, potatoes, and most of my grains come fortified (so i can get my vitamins)

nazzooyzo
May 15th, 2011, 09:20 AM

i drink loads of diet coke and am drinking it right now... oops

Avital88
May 15th, 2011, 09:53 AM
That is some fantastic growth! I remember growing that much too last fall,i think silica helped for me.
I'm drinking alot of tea,all greens,but i will buy for sure a pack of rooibos soon. It taste delicious anyway but i always thought green tea is good for hair growth so thats why i'm drinking like 8 cups a day everyday. Haha

krissykins
May 15th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Good job! Quitting is soda is hard but once you kick the habit, its easy not to drink it. When we crave teh fizzy, we usually have fizzy mineral water and mix it with juice.

I don't think I have had any soda for 4 or 5 years, but I am a sucker for Dark Chococlate.. nom nom

My biggest weakness? Peppermint Ritter Sport... in fact i think there is some around here.......^__^

Ooooh fizzy mineral water. I would be all over this if I still had cravings.

Peppermint Ritter Sport sounds delicious. Do we have it in the US? Ah well, the next time I find myself in Germany, I'll have to take a look around for some. Haha

Automne
May 15th, 2011, 11:32 AM
That is some great growth! Congrats!!
I was wondering if you take vitamins? Because with an healthy diet I don't know if it' s really necessary .

NaiadOreiad
May 15th, 2011, 12:49 PM
That is some great growth! Congrats!!
I was wondering if you take vitamins? Because with an healthy diet I don't know if it' s really necessary .

I was taking biotin in early march and late February, but i got lazy and stopped. Most of my vitamins come in the way of my food i guess.

oktobergoud
May 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Jealous one here as well! I eat lots of raw veggies as well, because of laziness as well haha. it's also an easy way to have a varied lunch at work :) However, my hair doesn't grow as fast as yours, sadly! But I just got proteinshakes because I hardly eat meat.. hopefully it will work :)

krissykins
May 15th, 2011, 01:03 PM
i drink loads of diet coke and am drinking it right now... oops

*slaps nazzooyzo on hand* No! Bad! :mad:

Haha just kidding. We all have our vices. But you should know better! Tsk tsk.

Chetanlaiho
May 15th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Haha I guess it's a good thing then that my stomach started to suddenly protest against most forms of soda xD (seriously out of nowhere I started to get really bad cramps if I drank any, even just a sip or two O_o)

We have Rooibos tea as well (it's so weird to read a Dutch-ish word in an English topic ^^;) but I never knew it was good for your hair ^^

I'm trying to eat healthier and exercise more as well but I don't think I could ever compare to your dedication to it ^^;

jojo
May 16th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Well I got me some redbush tea; tastes quite nice, didnt realise you drink it black I put milk in mine!! but tasted nice all the same.

Also did a tea rinse with it, my hair is soft! will report back with results!

NaiadOreiad
May 20th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Well I got me some redbush tea; tastes quite nice, didnt realise you drink it black I put milk in mine!! but tasted nice all the same.

Also did a tea rinse with it, my hair is soft! will report back with results!

Yeah I feel like rooibos rinses are a heavenly treat when I manage not to drink it all!

jojo
May 20th, 2011, 09:34 AM
keep us updated on your growth next month; its a really nice drink and rinse!

I must have drunk 8 cups already!

emeraldshade
May 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM
That is amazing! I'm going to try that tea--are redbush tea and rooibos tea the same thing?

Dark Queen
May 20th, 2011, 05:22 PM

Yet another reason I'm glad to be sober from soda :D. I'm coming up on 5 years off the stuff, and it was extremely hard for me to quit at first. I got headaches and everything, but in the end I lost a good amount of weight, so I kept going, lol.
From what I've read, Dark Chocolate is actually pretty good for you in moderation because of antioxidants, but don't quote me on it.
I'm really interested to hear updates on the Roobios tea. I haven't tried it yet, but I do love tea, so I'm interested. I hope you'll all update on any hair growth acceleration :)

jojo
May 20th, 2011, 05:44 PM
That is amazing! I'm going to try that tea--are redbush tea and rooibos tea the same thing?

yes the same thing............get drinking:D

I actually think I am addicted to it!:cheese:

Maelyssa
May 20th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I'm definitely going to try eating more protein & drink the tea. And you just reminded me I wanted to purchase a hairfork!

Dark Queen
May 20th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I'm getting impatient :(. I eat tons of protein, take vitamins, use monistat, and take really good care of my hair, yet it took me a month to grow an inch. Aaaaa, I just have to hang in there :o

NaiadOreiad
May 21st, 2011, 02:01 AM
Rooibos and redbush tea are the same thing.

I was just in the mountains for a week and I didn't have any rooibos on me, so I may go through a lull, but it would be so friggin cool to have two inches in may. HURRY UP JUNE!

alwayssmiling
May 21st, 2011, 03:17 AM
Redbush for me today. So excited to try something different.

Chetanlaiho
May 21st, 2011, 06:05 AM
I'm getting impatient :(. I eat tons of protein, take vitamins, use monistat, and take really good care of my hair, yet it took me a month to grow an inch. Aaaaa, I just have to hang in there :o

I do similar things and my hair only grows half an inch per month ;) and that's faster than it did before! xD

sunnydays
May 21st, 2011, 07:13 AM
i drank redbush for ages and did not see any difference in growth and i was measuring re-growth.

How are you measuring growth from top or do you have a re-growth that you measure?

Fairlight63
May 21st, 2011, 07:23 AM
Where can you buy rooibos tea at? does grocery stores carry it? or do you buy it on line?

Dark Queen
May 21st, 2011, 10:00 PM
I do similar things and my hair only grows half an inch per month ;) and that's faster than it did before! xD

Wow, really? I wonder what it is about some hair that just takes forever to grow out. Maybe just unlucky genes :confused:

NaiadOreiad
May 22nd, 2011, 12:43 AM
i drank redbush for ages and did not see any difference in growth and i was measuring re-growth.

How are you measuring growth from top or do you have a re-growth that you measure?

measuring from the top! I am really starting to believe its the combo of the redbush with vigorous excercise, diet, and general lack of stress.

christine1989
May 22nd, 2011, 12:50 AM
I've been hearing WAYY too much about rooibos/redbush tea on LHC lately- I'm going to have to buy some tomorrow because I'm dying to see if it works! ;)

NaiadOreiad
May 22nd, 2011, 01:30 PM
Measured again with Ron's help, 22 in and 1/4. So in 8 days I have got a 1/4 in. During the time in Garmisch (in the alps, I climbed a mountain for my birthday!) I only had rooibos for the last 2 or 3 days, but I managed to wait for it to get really strong. The only consistent thing I did all week was excercise and my nutrition didn't change much. Just wanted to give you an update!

oktobergoud
May 22nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
Wow, really? I wonder what it is about some hair that just takes forever to grow out. Maybe just unlucky genes :confused:

I have the same thing! Unlucky genes I guess.. I use monistat, protein shakes, vitamins, ALL THAT JAZZ, but my hair still grows half in inch.. sigh!

Lux88
May 22nd, 2011, 02:26 PM
I am so jealous!!