PDA

View Full Version : Amla Gold hair oil

lynnala
June 18th, 2008, 12:15 AM
I bought some today at an Indian grocery store. Anybody here use it? I used some tonight after I washed my hair, but I had done a heavy coconut oil conditioning beforehand, so I can't really tell right now how it feels in my hair. I read that longterm use can make light hair darken, I don't mind that, my hair is darkening anyway from the castor oil in CV poo bars. I also rubbed some on my face, my skin feels very soft. Who else has used this? (it smells wonderful!) I also bought some amla powder, I had never heard of it before, but now reading up on it I see that it also can darken hair as well as condition. I'm going to try it, like I said, it really doesn't matter to me if my hair gets darker.

ChloeDharma
June 18th, 2008, 06:42 AM
There's a thread on Indian herbs which will have info on Amla, it's quite conditioning though.

As for the oil, i've not used that one but i think it's made with mineral oil so if that's something you try to avoid you might want to try another one.

BlackfootHair
June 18th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I just bought this one! :) I've known for a while that it was out, but didn't see it in the stores. Then there it was! I like it too! It's made my hair feel softer, and I hadn't been using oil for a while. My hair is recovering from my bleach mishap so I can definitely tell if something is working or not. As for the smell, it smells much like their light hair oil. There is a funny commercial for the Dabur Amla Gold hair oil.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0V3ESOxnZzI

I don't know what language they are speaking...it sounds like Arabic possibly. I know Urdu writing looks Arabic, but I'm not well versed in either language.

My box has very little English and a lot of the Arabic? writing. I'm wondering if the Arabic? writing on the box gives detailed ingredients.

Catladyintown
June 18th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Does anyone have the ingredients to alma gold hair oil? It sounds very interesting. Also has anyone bought it online. :)Thanks

Aisha25
June 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I just bought this one! :) I've known for a while that it was out, but didn't see it in the stores. Then there it was! I like it too! It's made my hair feel softer, and I hadn't been using oil for a while. My hair is recovering from my bleach mishap so I can definitely tell if something is working or not. As for the smell, it smells much like their light hair oil. There is a funny commercial for the Dabur Amla Gold hair oil.

I don't know what language they are speaking...it sounds like Arabic possibly. I know Urdu writing looks Arabic, but I'm not well versed in either language.

My box has very little English and a lot of the Arabic? writing. I'm wondering if the Arabic? writing on the box gives detailed ingredients.
Hehe that is arabic:lol: I would think it would be in hindi since it's dabur amla gold:p.

lynnala
June 18th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Does anyone have the ingredients to alma gold hair oil? It sounds very interesting. Also has anyone bought it online. :)ThanksThe box only say it has amla, almonds, and henna. It doesn't say what kind of oil it is, ChloeDharma says it might be mineral oil.

Catladyintown
June 18th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks Lynnala for the information. But my scalp does not like mineral oil. Hope you like it on your hair? If not you can always use it for the skin.:-)

lynnala
June 18th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks Lynnala for the information. But my scalp does not like mineral oil. Hope you like it on your hair? If not you can always use it for the skin.:-)It really did make my face feel nice and soft!

ChloeDharma
June 19th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Well, i've done a few searches and would you believe i can't find the ingredients anywhere! That actually really irritates me that sites don't imagine that we want more information other than basically "this is good, buy it because we say so"!

Anyway, given i can't find the ingredients, and nobody else has found them either then it MIGHT contain mineral oil, it might not.....it may be that the base is almond oil as that's an ingredient they specify.....in which case it will be fabulous stuff.

Sorry i can't be more help, but good luck with the oil and let us know how you get on with it :)

ktani
June 19th, 2008, 03:17 PM
You have to scroll down the page to read this but this brand has these ingredients.

"Joy Amla Gold Herbal Hair Oil 200 ml

Amla, Henna, Almonds, Aloe & Neem .... penetrates deep into your scalp to nourish hair roots."
http://www.joycosmetics.net/natural-herbal-shampoos.html

lynnala
June 19th, 2008, 04:13 PM
You have to scroll down the page to read this but this brand has these ingredients.

"Joy Amla Gold Herbal Hair Oil 200 ml

Amla, Henna, Almonds, Aloe & Neem .... penetrates deep into your scalp to nourish hair roots."
http://www.joycosmetics.net/natural-herbal-shampoos.htmlThat seems to be a different product, the one I have is not labeled 'herbal' and doesn't list aloe and neem. None of the products list what kind of oil, except the original 'Amla hair oil' which does list mineral oil. But I don't have a problem with that.

ktani
June 19th, 2008, 04:15 PM
lynnala

Does yours have a brand name that you can decifer?

saman
June 19th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I didn't use hair oil in the past but I bought coconut oil on sunday and after using it I was so pleased wih the result.I used it just for the ends of my hair at first but the second time I used it for all of my hair and I want to oiling my hair regularly.On the bottle is written it's pure coconut oil with Henna,amla and Lemon and about Amla is written Amla,strengthens the roots of your hair,to help manitain their health and natural thickness.
You can find more information here

http://vatikahairoil.com/EN/Products/Personal_Care/Hair_Care/vatika/hairoil/default.asp

The shopkeeper suggested me to buy this one but I remember there was Amla hair oil too.I think the next hair oil I would buy is Amla hair oil.

lynnala
June 19th, 2008, 05:33 PM
lynnala

Does yours have a brand name that you can decifer?The company is Dabur, and the product is Amla Gold Hair Oil. I just went to their website, but still couldn't find an ingredient list, so I emailed the company.

saman
June 19th, 2008, 05:34 PM

the language in advertisement is Arabic and I'm sure about that.

lynnala
June 19th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I didn't use hair oil in the past but I bought coconut oil on sunday and after using it I was so pleased wih the result.I used it just for the ends of my hair at first but the second time I used it for all of my hair and I want to oiling my hair regularly.On the bottle is written it's pure coconut oil with Henna,amla and Lemon and about Amla is written Amla,strengthens the roots of your hair,to help manitain their health and natural thickness.
You can find more information here

http://vatikahairoil.com/EN/Products/Personal_Care/Hair_Care/vatika/hairoil/default.asp

The shopkeeper suggested me to buy this one but I remember there was Amla hair oil too.I think the next hair oil I would buy is Amla hair oil.That is another product from the same company, this one is coconut oil based, but they still don't give a complete list of the ingredients!

ktani
June 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
lynnala

Emailing or calling if the company is local are the bests way of getting information, IMO.

lynnala
June 19th, 2008, 06:23 PM
lynnala

Emailing or calling if the company is local are the bests way of getting information, IMO.I'm curious to see if they are more forthcoming about their ingredients if they return my email!

ktani
June 19th, 2008, 06:38 PM
lynnala

Sometimes they are not - but it is worth a shot IMO.
And you are a customer - it is in their best interests to be helpful - but they may not see it that way.

ktani
June 19th, 2008, 07:00 PM
This forum - scroll down - lists the Dabur amla oil and coconut oil ingredients.
http://diasporahaircare.invisionzone.com/lofiversion/index.php/t11321.html

And there is a link to this website
http://www.yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk/details.php/p2264_dabur_amla_hair_oil.html

Sana
June 19th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I have been using dabur amla hair oil since I was 8 & I love it!! I just add some curry leaves to it which helps to darken hair I guess. I also use navratan hair oil which has sesame oil & it's another favorite for deep condition.

Aisha25
June 19th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I have been using dabur amla hair oil since I was 8 & I love it!! I just add some curry leaves to it which helps to darken hair I guess. I also use navratan hair oil which has sesame oil & it's another favorite for deep condition.
Is the color green to the amla oil before you add in curry leaves??

ChloeDharma
June 20th, 2008, 08:39 AM

Is that the red stuff? Himtaj navratna oil? I got some of that without finding a complete ingredients list, but then checked it on a website and it lists mineral oil along with the sesame. I did decide to give it to my dad and maybe use it if i had a headache as it's said to be very good for that in its reviews....but i lost it when i moved.

The dabur vatika coconut oil is great stuff, it's one of my staple hair oils.....especially post wash for it's scent. It makes a lovely body moisturiser and massage oil too.

lynnala
June 20th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Well, the email I sent to the company just got returned as undeliverable. I guess we'll never know the ingredients of Amla Gold. It's very annoying!

BlackfootHair
July 1st, 2008, 09:07 AM
I've been using the Dabur Amla gold hair oil for a while now, and it makes my hair feel really good! Especially after the henna yesterday! So soft and fluffy! :) It covered the scent of my henna too. It smells like a light perfume. Not like the regular amla oil, but like Amla Special hair oil.. MMM.

BlackfootHair
July 1st, 2008, 09:42 AM
Okay, I took some pictures of the labels on the box that I can't read. They are in Arabic, so maybe someone could read them for us?? :) Please?

Here is the label on the back of the bottle. I used Photobucket sharpening tool, so it looks sort of funny.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/blackfoot_hair/oil/misc010.jpg

And here is the bottom of the box.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/blackfoot_hair/oil/misc008.jpg

sipnsun
July 1st, 2008, 09:47 AM
I put mineral oil on my son's scalp one time (it was dry, itchy and flaky) and I didn't think it would ever come out. Even after playing in the ocean for a long weekend of camping, it still looked oily. But that was pure mineral oil, not the oil you are talking about.

lynnala
July 1st, 2008, 01:43 PM
I've been using the Dabur Amla gold hair oil for a while now, and it makes my hair feel really good! Especially after the henna yesterday! So soft and fluffy! :) It covered the scent of my henna too. It smells like a light perfume. Not like the regular amla oil, but like Amla light. MMM.Yes, I like it too. It's very light, and if I put it on my hair at night, it has soaked in by morning. Other oils leave my hair looking, well, oily!:D And the scent is strong at first, but dissipates quickly, leaving a very light scent of incense, which I love.

lynnala
July 1st, 2008, 01:44 PM
BlackfootHair, what a good idea! Thanks for doing that, I hope we get a translation.

BlackfootHair
July 1st, 2008, 03:51 PM
Bumping up the thread...I hope we get a translation too! :)

BlackfootHair
July 2nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
Okay, I started a thread yesterday in the friendship board asking if anyone spoke/read Arabic, posted the same pictures and waited. No one really knew, but I finally thought of something brilliant. I went back on youtube, looked up the commercial and there was an email address for the poster, if anyone had more questions. So I emailed them the pics and asked for a translation. Here is what they responded with. That's the same website I found last week!

Melissa Hi ,

Would to know where are you from , Where did you purchse Amla Hair Oil

Main Ingrediants are : Vegetable Oils ( Palmolien and canola ) - Extracts of Henna , Extracts indian gooseberry ( Amla ) .silicons .Almond oil , Sunprotect ingredients , Permitted colour and perfumes

Regards

Sultan

www.daburnorthafrica.blogspot.com

Aisha25
July 2nd, 2008, 09:27 AM
Oh thats nice great investigating BFH. Sounds like a great oil.. How does it smell?

BlackfootHair
July 2nd, 2008, 09:37 AM
Have you ever smelled the Dabur Special hair oil? It smells like that. If you are smelling it straight from the bottle it smells like Sunsilk Hydra TLC. On the hair is smells lighter. I like it. :)

It has a jasmine scent to it, I think. Not straight jasmine...something else is in there. Very floral and almost on the verge of soap. Like Jasmine scented Zest soap. Or Lever 2000 plus jasmine. Not that they make that.

Aisha25
July 2nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
Have you ever smelled the Dabur Special hair oil? It smells like that. If you are smelling it straight from the bottle it smells like Sunsilk Hydra TLC. On the hair is smells lighter. I like it. :)

It has a jasmine scent to it, I think. Not straight jasmine...something else is in there. Very floral and almost on the verge of soap. Like Jasmine scented Zest soap. Or Lever 2000 plus jasmine. Not that they make that.
Very nice I am going to have to pick me up some!:smile:

lynnala
July 2nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Main Ingrediants are : Vegetable Oils ( Palmolien and canola ) - Extracts of Henna , Extracts indian gooseberry ( Amla ) .silicons .Almond oil , Sunprotect ingredients , Permitted colour and perfumes
Good work BlackfootHair! At least we know more now than we did before, but they sure are nebulous about ingredients, aren't they? Like, 'sunprotect ingredients', what the heck is that? And 'silicons'? Well, whatever. I really like this oil, and now we know a little bit more about it, thanks!

lynnala
July 2nd, 2008, 02:38 PM
Oh thats nice great investigating BFH. Sounds like a great oil.. How does it smell?Like Blackfoothair said, the scent straight out of the bottle is quite strong, but on the hair it is very delicate. I compare it to a an incense kind of scent.

Cytherea
January 10th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know where to purchase the Amla Gold oil? (for Europe then). Many thanks..:cheese:

tooqute2nv
January 11th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Heys, maybe someone posted this already, but here on the instructions on the bottle (in English) (I have a bottle of this, in English, that actually says it is produced in the U.K.!):

HOW TO USE:

For best results, apply 1 to 2 teaspoons (up to 10mL) of Dabur Amla Hair Oil into the hair and leave for sometimes (ideally 1 hour). Then apply a good shampoo such as Dabur Vitika Henna Cream Conditioning Shampoo. Massage the shampoo well into the hair and scalp. Rise thoroughly.

For best results apply Dabur Amla Hair Oil three times a week. Regular or prolonged use of Dabur Amla Hair Oil on light coloured hair may result in some darkening of the natural hair colour.

Hope this helps!! :cheese:
Btw, sorries I didn't comment sooner Blackfoothair (wow, what a name! hehe), yes, the commercial is definitely Arabic, and while I haven't personally looked harder at the scanned Arabic on ur bottle (nor shown it to my fiance, who is Arab), so I am not positive, but from experience and since I doubt this is a product of the middle east, it is probably a machine translation into Arabic and might not make sense anyways. lol

tooqute2nv
January 11th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Also, I bought mine at an international food market in the "India" section for like $2-3, and you can definitely buy this on amazon for around that most of the time, and in English. (^_^)*

Cytherea
January 11th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Heys, maybe someone posted this already, but here on the instructions on the bottle (in English) (I have a bottle of this, in English, that actually says it is produced in the U.K.!):

HOW TO USE:

For best results, apply 1 to 2 teaspoons (up to 10mL) of Dabur Amla Hair Oil into the hair and leave for sometimes (ideally 1 hour). Then apply a good shampoo such as Dabur Vitika Henna Cream Conditioning Shampoo. Massage the shampoo well into the hair and scalp. Rise thoroughly.

For best results apply Dabur Amla Hair Oil three times a week. Regular or prolonged use of Dabur Amla Hair Oil on light coloured hair may result in some darkening of the natural hair colour.

Hope this helps!! :cheese:

Btw, sorries I didn't comment sooner Blackfoothair (wow, what a name! hehe), yes, the commercial is definitely Arabic, and while I haven't personally looked harder at the scanned Arabic on ur bottle (nor shown it to my fiance, who is Arab), so I am not positive, but from experience and since I doubt this is a product of the middle east, it is probably a machine translation into Arabic and might not make sense anyways. lol

Thank you for your answer (although this is not my thread).
I was wondering if the same aplied for Amla gold oil? (thoes it darken hair also?)
And just out of curiousity: it isn't something Arab women would use?
:o

Cytherea
January 11th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Thank you for your answer (although this is not my thread).
I was wondering if the same applied for Amla gold oil? (does it darken hair also?)
And just out of curiosity: it isn't something Arab women would use?
:o

spelling correction :bull:

tooqute2nv
January 11th, 2009, 01:36 PM
I think they are the same thing, so it would gradually darker your hair, and yes, I believe Arab women use the same stuff too. But I think maybe it is produced in India, and (as mine says) the U.K. :o

Henna Sooq
January 12th, 2009, 09:16 AM
It's sometimes hard to find the ingredients on Indian products and from other countries because they don't have the same requirements as we do here in USA or Canada. We're stricter.

Nes
January 13th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Hi,

My bottle of Dabur Amla hair oil (which is the one that does darken the hair) has an ingredients list in English and it is as follows:

Light Liquid Parrafin, RBD Canola Oil, RBD Palmolein Oil, Perfume, Amla extract, TBHQ, CI47000, CI61565, CI26100

RBD appears to stand for "Refined, Bleached, Deodorised" oil suitable for cosmetic use.

As far as I am aware, TBHQ is tert-butyhydroquinone which is a preservative/stabaliser. Also, CI47000 is yellow colouring, CI61565 is green colouring and CI26100 is red colouring. All of these are common additives found in beauty and food products.

Hope this helps :)

Nes x

BlackfootHair
January 13th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I'm not at home right now, but I do believe that the bottle of Dabur amla gold hair oil says it will darken as well. It comes out of the bottle just a little lighter in color than the regular Dabur amla oil. :)

Cytherea
January 13th, 2009, 12:26 PM
@ Blackfoothair

Thank you for your answer. :p
I'm now in search of another (Indian of Eastern) oil that doesn't darken my hair... :o

BlackfootHair
January 13th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I do believe though that they might say that because amla is supposed to darken the hair. As to whether it would in the oil or not, I don't know. I've never noticed any affect on my whites. :) lol

Aisha25
January 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah I dont really think you would get darkening its just supposed to keep black hairs black and not fade them so I think thats why they say that;). So no worrying:)

Celebritymaniac
April 24th, 2009, 02:21 PM
've read good things about it and I'm abt to order some now. Some of the girls in my online hair forums swear by it and have had phenomenal growth. I wish I could have given you better info.
Celebrities Photos (http://www.mielofon.com)

helwa
September 6th, 2010, 02:09 AM
I use the Amla Gold, which was the first hair oil I ever tried. I normally live in Cairo and you can find this in every single supermarket, it's dirt cheap too. Just out of curiousity, how much did you pay for it if you got it in Europe/US? Has anyone used it for a longer period of time, in that case: what did you think of it?

I'm not 100% sure about the ingredients, it seems like they tend to leave some things out. I think I found a complete list of the ingredients on some website a while ago, but it didn't help much cause I'm not really good with these things. And of course I can't seem to find it again now...

I think can get a translation for the pictures posted in the beginning of the thread though, if anyone is still interested. :)

dreamy10
September 6th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I used it but wasn't happy with not knowing what all the ingredients were so I stopped. I didn't notice anything great anyway from using it. So it's just there sitting with everything else I tried and didn't care for.

Cleopatra18
September 6th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I know it,tried it and liked it.However the "gold" one is the improved formula which in 99% of the cases means adding mineral oil to it (from personal experiences),its smell is also lighter than the original one.It's very famous in egypt and very cheap.I was never consistent on it really but it absorbs easily and i recommend it.There are ALOT of brands of amla oil but I think dabur is the most trusted one.

Pacific
November 22nd, 2016, 02:21 AM
I bought it today and put it in my lenghts.
To me it really smells very nice. Not very heavy oriental, more decent with a hint jasmine. It contains minaral oil and I purchased it because of that. I won't put it on my scalp and I'll rotate it with olive and coconut oil.
On my bottle the most is written in Arabic but the ingredients are also listed in English. And it too says it's made in Dubai.

It's a light oil, I only used a few drops, and it didn't make my hair greasy.

Dixie Derelict
December 2nd, 2016, 07:47 AM
This is a bit off topic, but I thought someone interested in this thread might have an answer for me: I recently bought some Hemani brand Fenugreek oil, and I would like some suggestions/ recipes for using it. Anybody?

Dixie Derelict
December 2nd, 2016, 07:52 AM
More to the topic- I also have the Dabur Amla Gold. I am not so crazy about the mineral oil it contains, so I use it mixed with other oils. Mostly coconut.