PDA

View Full Version : Question for no water/sebum only followers

Jcv-Shelley
May 13th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I've searched a lot lately... but I still have a few questions. As in, since you usually don't wet/dampen your hair; what do you do about sweat? Does sweat affect your ph lvl or develop build-up? What does it mean to scritch, and how long should you preen? The reason why I'm asking is that I used to be sebum only myself. But since I live in a hot climate- I didn't like all the sweat and no rinses. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? Thanks. :)

Spring
May 27th, 2011, 06:51 PM
:) bumping for answers.....

dragonchickx
May 27th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I was just thinking about this also!! anyone??

Dars
May 27th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Here (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144&highlight=NW%2FSO+thread) is a good thread.

Spring
May 27th, 2011, 07:37 PM
It seems that I've read pages and pages of the NW/SO thread looking for positive or negative comments on how the salt in sweat affects our hair and possible solutions, but so far all I've read is scritching, preening and massaging for moving sebum and dirt from the scalp. I'd love to hear their experiences positive or negative :)

ETA: Dars, thanks for the link. I've been reading that thread for days now :laugh:.

Gem
May 27th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I haven't had any problems with it. Sebum seems to be great for cleaning my hair, no matter what it is. If it's something wet, the sebum clumps up and is easily removed by preening. If it's something dry, the sebum keeps it from sticking to my hair. I think it's possible that it keeps sweat from even coming into contact with hair (and then scritching and preening would remove it from the scalp, where it would come into contact with skin and hair roots).
I have moved to WO for the summer because of chlorine, but I didn't have any problems with keeping my hair clean while exercising during the last seven months of SO.

Spring
May 28th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks Gem!