PDA

View Full Version : Why? Is your hair special?

marimara
May 13th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I was at the pool with my 4 year old daughter and had my hair in a high bun so it wouldn't get wet. My daughter asked me to put my head underwater and I said no, I don't want my hair to get wet. She then said, "Why? Is your hair special?" And I said, "Yes". LOL :D

LeaM07
May 13th, 2011, 09:15 AM
:lol: Good answer! :thumbsup:

JamieLeigh
May 13th, 2011, 09:24 AM
:D :D :D Love it!!

gogirlanime
May 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Haha so cute and good answer :) I remember when I was younger, looking back there was one summer where I swam in a pool everyday, didn't realize it back then, but my hair was FRIED

Vuvuzela
May 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM
i used to swim competetively, and my medium brown hair always turned blonde every summer and had a weird texture. i liked the blonde part though.

Chetanlaiho
May 13th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Haha that's cute ^^

I wish I didn't love the feeling of swimming with my head in the water as well so much >_< (swimming with loose hair = so much fun to me). I think any damage my hair really has, comes from swimming xD I used to swim every week when I was younger (for a loooong time) and I wouldn't wash out the chlorine for almost a week, so basically I was DT-ing with chlorine every single time D=

racrane
May 13th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Oh, that's cute and a great answer! I swam competitively when I was 10-14 and my poor blonde hair always a green tint, damaged and dry. Even though I used a swim cap, etc. Once I stopped, I cut off all my hair to chin length and then let it grow out. Even now, I don't swim for exercise because I know the damage it will bring to my hair. :( I wish they didn't use such harsh chemicals, because I totally would!

DreamDance
May 13th, 2011, 07:58 PM
That's fantastic. :) Little people comments are the best.

Jean Stuart
May 13th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Haha at least she did not splash your head to get even. :D

Jcv-Shelley
May 13th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Aww so cute!

beccababesx
May 16th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Aww so cute! It makes me sad not being able to swish my hair around the pool on holiday :( but oh well, it's all worth it in the end, isn't it girls ;)

tolly
May 16th, 2011, 03:56 AM
lol, yes its special, now she knows!

annieangel149
May 16th, 2011, 05:15 AM
my hair is special.......because it's mine :D

LadieRyrie
May 16th, 2011, 07:06 AM
I'll have to find a way to protect my hair this summer. No way I'm missing out on swimming. XP Honestly, I prefer to skip the swim cap...but I'll probably wear one anyway.

NotInPortland
May 16th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Hehe how cute, and good answer! :p I swam for many years when I was a child though maybe 8 or 9 years and it was at least 3 times a week but I never actually had any problems with my hair tat I remember? I don't ever remember it being dry or damaged looking and for some of that time I had fingertip length hair! Even if swimming pool water is damaging to the hair,its not going to stop me dunking my head under now and again because I just LOVE the water, my hair will have to suffer the consequences :p

spidermom
May 16th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Haha; cute. Little people say the darndest things.

hs_atreides
May 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Cute! :)
I love swimming and use swim caps. Still, the pool water seeps in. I def understand why any of wouldn't get your hair in pool water!

hs_atreides
May 16th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I'll have to find a way to protect my hair this summer. No way I'm missing out on swimming. XP Honestly, I prefer to skip the swim cap...but I'll probably wear one anyway.

It has been an adjustment wearing the swim caps stylewise. I would love to find a retro styled cap, like with scalloped edging and texture, to at least play up the silliness of them.