PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Goody's satin sleeping cap?

happybear
May 12th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Just curious, I saw it today, didn't buy it though. It was pretty cheap for "silk"..

happybear
May 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM
and by silk I mean satin, lol

islandboo
May 12th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I personally don't care for satin, especially for sleeping - it just gets too hot. Silk breathes better.

Dark Queen
May 13th, 2011, 12:09 AM
I still have one somewhere. It's decent, but it kept falling off my head overnight, and I usually don't turn much at all. Lately, I've just been using a pillowcase instead.

darklion
May 13th, 2011, 03:10 AM
I'm wearing mine right now! (I'm almost ready for bed)
Although it isn't perfect, I find that it's better than nothing.
I helps cut down on the morning tangles... if it falls off, oh well, most of my hair seems to stay in it until morning when I sit up. So... mission complete.
It certainly has helped my scalp cleavage!

woolyleprechaun
May 13th, 2011, 04:48 AM
has anyone got a pic of it? im dead superficial lol.

Dark Queen
May 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
has anyone got a pic of it? im dead superficial lol.

I can't find mine at the moment, but it basically looks like a white satin shower cap. Nothing fancy.

annieangel149
May 13th, 2011, 04:12 PM
i think it would drive me nuts wearing somthing on my head all night but im going out to shop for a silk pillow case tomorrow. I havent got round to getting one and you amazing peeps have reminded me in this thread tonight, so thanks ! :D

sakuramoon08
May 14th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I use them. They actually do help, and if they start to fall off, remember to bobby pin it in. I have used it to keep hair do's for dance ready for the next day, so that I only needed to do my makeup in the morning, and it keeps my hair from drying out.

Mina17
May 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I have one and haven't had any problems with it falling off or feeling uncomfortable. But then, it hasn't been really hot here yet since I bought it.

jeanniet
May 14th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I haven't seen the Goody one, but I use Stay-On Satin caps and I love them. I don't think I could sleep with my hair loose anymore. My hair used to be a complete nightmare in the morning and now brushing/detangling is easy. The only thing I would check on the Goody cap is to make sure the elastic is covered so it doesn't pull on anything. The Stay-On Satin caps use a stretchy cloth band.

They can get warm at night, but it's very cool at night here so it doesn't usually make much difference to me.

darklion
May 15th, 2011, 01:56 AM
to be honest, they're butt ugly looking.
it's no different than what a shower cap on your head looks like.
That being said, I love what it does for my hair... fewer tangles, I don't get tied up by my hair anymore, easier to sleep. Life is full of compromises and if I wanted to look dead sexy at night... I wouldn't wear it!