PDA

View Full Version : My return (hopefully) to LHC

angelfell
May 12th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Hi all :3. Some of you may recognize me.. I was active here a good few months back.. and then I sort of disappeared. A LOT has happened since then, including me quitting my full-time job for a part-time job so that I may start college this summer. So, I am now officially a broke college student XD. Regardless of all that's went on, I have still managed to mostly stick to treating my hair better, and definitely have been still growing it out. I haven't touched a hair dryer in.. months, since I joined here. I've cut down to straightening my hair maybe once a month, if at all. It's all the length now where it dries mostly straight.. because it's heavy. But thin still, hate that >.<. I've been trimming my hemline (myself mostly, one visit to the salon) but not the shorter layers, because I want them to grow to my hemline so my hair is one length.. although I know it's important to trim them, too. Over-all, since January, I think I've trimmed at least an inch, due to split ends and such.

Errr.. I did blow it and get blonde streaks, and then very much disliked them, and box-colored over them with my natural color. I think I'm done with color, I always end up dying it my root color, there's no point XD. My hair seems to be getting healthier.. I notice now that the amounts of coconut oil I used to leave in now make my hair too oily, and I need to use less. I haven't done an oil treatment in a whilleeee though.. I am going to lay out and do some sunbathing today (if I can't ruin my hair, gotta ruin my skin XD) and I may put some coconut oil in prior and allow the sun to heat it up.

Anyways just thought I'd post a picture.. I just literally took it and my hair is a bit tangled from sleeping but whatever. And I swear that one piece isn't shorter than the rest, it's stuck on my shirt XD.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2wof9t1.png

LoveMyLongHair
May 12th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Welcome back gal, glad to have you. :flower:

growingpains
May 12th, 2011, 08:10 AM
welcome back and happy growing!! What length is your hair on your body?

angelfell
May 12th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Thank you guys 8D. I'm glad to be back.. I'm glad to have TIME to be back. That is, until classes start.. but I have a few hours between classes I can jump on my laptop :p.

Currently, I'd say it's about BSL. I can't find a tape to ACTUALLY measure but since it was 24" in Jan, I merely assumed 26" for now (measuring from hairline and back/down). Also because between that time I've had three trims that amounted to AT LEAST 1", possibly more.

vanity_acefake
May 12th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Welcome back.
:)
Great news about college.

racrane
May 12th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Welcome back, even though I joined about a month ago! I'm a broke college student, too... :P

jojo
May 12th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I don't think I have met you, but welcome back and happy growing! xxx

angelfell
May 12th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Thank you guys :3. And yay, racrane, broke college students for the win XD!

Cowgirl16
May 12th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Welcome back, good luck with College :D

Jean Stuart
May 12th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Welcome back keep up the good work and good luck.

Sharifa
May 12th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I'm new myself, but welcome back and good luck with college!

xoxophelia
May 12th, 2011, 04:21 PM
heya! I didn't even notice you were gone but I too have been busy and not paying much attention. Sometimes it is nice to become inactive though so when you come back your hair is longer :)

BrightEyes7
May 12th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Yay! Welcome back! I was kinda wondering what the heck happened to you!

Your hair is getting pretty long! And that's awesome you don't need as much coconut oil anymore... you can save some money... since you're a broke college student! ;) As am I!

cowgirllong
May 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Welcome back! It can be hard to resist the urge to play with your hair color, I know.

tinti
May 12th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Hi girl, welcome back, and happy growing! Your hair looks good!

angelfell
May 13th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Hey thanks guys ^^. Yes I'm happy with the progress, however as impatient as ever to reach my goal :p. Oh well, one day !