PDA

View Full Version : Which part do you wear?

yogachic
June 17th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Side part

or

center part?

I prefer and wear a side part. Most recent I am trying a deep side part with a pony tail. It parts near the outer part of my eyebrow. I can only pull this off while hair is pulled up though.
When my hair is down I can't make it as far over.

ZaBasDa
June 17th, 2008, 07:51 PM
My hair is currently falling in a mild side part. I normally wear it centered, but I parted it to the side a few weeks ago and it seems to be staying that way for now. I don't really care how my hair parts, but deep side parts are extremely hard for me to pull off because it woefully unbalances my hair.

Riot Crrl
June 17th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Side, but if I try to put it too far to the side it just flops back over.

harley mama
June 17th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I have a natural center part and it doesn't matter when I part
my hair because nature always wins out!

Forever_Sophie
June 17th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I part it on the right...read somewhere that it's good for your hair, like making it do push-ups (please don't ask LOL). It was yrs ago (online), and it stuck w/ me, obviously :p

1nuitblanche
June 17th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Usually a deep diagonal side-part on the left side--I think that there is more hair there than the right. But sometimes I'll do a milder straight side part for pigtails, a centre part, or even a right-side (usually deep and diagonal) part.

AJoifulNoise
June 17th, 2008, 08:20 PM
My hair tends to part just to the left or right of center. I think there's some kinda thing right at the center that keeps it from parting there. But, it's close enough to center to call it that.

longhairedfairy
June 17th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I part it on the right...read somewhere that it's good for your hair, like making it do push-ups (please don't ask LOL). It was yrs ago (online), and it stuck w/ me, obviously :p

Something about that made me giggle:p

If I bother to part mine at all it's usually in the middle. I've worn a side part before, but if the hair falls forward it bugs me. I can't stand hair on my face. It also makes my face look huuuge. I thought side parts were supposed to do the opposite.

yogachic
June 17th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I have always thought, that you can train your hair to part in one place or another, where ever you want it. I still believe it. If you put it that way long enough it will eventually lay there pretty nicely, without talking back to much. :P

Curlsgirl
June 17th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I kind of switch around after a few months because my hair tends to stay however I put it as it's drying. Sometimes I pin it too and really helps a lot. I usually make a side part over about the middle of either eyebrow, currently my right side.

katiana
June 17th, 2008, 11:19 PM
When I had shorter hair, I had a side part..with longer hair, for some reason it just stays in the center and does not want a side part..

Isilya
June 18th, 2008, 03:42 AM
I always part my hair on the left. My part and the highest point of my left eyebrow are aligned.

Loreyanne_H
June 18th, 2008, 05:01 AM
I keep changing: every morning my hair "decides" on his own which part to wear: mostly side part, however.

Indigo Girl
June 18th, 2008, 05:01 AM
I have a natural center part and it doesn't matter when I part
my hair because nature always wins out!

Me too! My part will always default back to center - which doesn't bother me, it naturally feels more comfortable there.

zanne
June 18th, 2008, 06:40 AM
My hair's been parted in the center for as long as i can remember.. now you guys have made me think about it.. time for a change, perhaps? hmmmm...

Phalaenopsis
June 18th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Sidepart on the right. I switched sometimes, but every time I did that, my head felt weird. Suddenly the weight was on the left when it was usely on the right etc.

Miss Murphy
June 18th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Side part on the left. I've had this part as long as I can remember, and my hair refuses to part any other way.

Silver & Gold
June 18th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I look better with a side part. When my hair was short it looked very nice with a deep side part. While my bangs are growing out it is better with a higher part, easier to keep the bangs out of my eyes. I sometimes alternate sides now that my part is higher.

I'm thinking that once my bangs get long enough I might be able to go back to a deeper part for a change. We shall see.

yogachic
June 18th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I part on the left, I forgot to mention. I also feel really awkward if i try to part it on the other side.
Both my girls also have side parts on the left.

Cricket
June 18th, 2008, 08:36 AM
If my hair is down, it always defaults to a center part. In an updo, the part hopefully stays where I put it (either center or left side).

spidermom
June 18th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I don't like the look of a straight slash of scalp, so I don't part my hair.

NorthernDancer
June 18th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I've always had a center part. It's just what I've always done. And now I almost never have to "part it" because it just does it natrually.

heidihug
June 18th, 2008, 10:22 AM
When I was a little girl, my mom would part my hair in the middle. But I haven't worn my hair with a part since I was in my teens. I've always had bangs or a fringe of some sort, and the rest of it gets brushed back. Very very rarely wear my hair down, so it's not something I have to deal with, I guess, anyway. My bangs like to go to the left, but I think that may be because I have trained them to go that way. [shrugs]

florenonite
June 18th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I part on the left, sometimes just slightly, sometimes it's quite a deep part, depending on what I feel like doing.

holycannoli
June 18th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I always, ALWAYS part my hair off to the right side these days. When I put my hair up I tend to make it deeper to accentuate the side-swept bangs look. Center parts look very jeuvenile on me. :hmm:

Alaia
June 18th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I let my hair fall wherever it wants to, mostly in the centre but not always straight either.

I make an effort to change the part around if I'm in a place where there's strong sun.

freznow
June 18th, 2008, 11:31 AM
My hair naturally parts itself in the center or slightly to the right. Which is annoying, because I have a cowlick thing to the left and if it would just part to the left it would look nice!

Tap Dancer
June 18th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I think a side part is most flattering to me. I part my hair on the left and if my hair is down, I run my fingers through my hair and move it around all day.

Paniscus
June 18th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Side part. I look goofy with a middle part. Also, I do try to vary my part from time to time, just to help with the pulling and such. I guess parts is parts, eh? :poot:

sorry, couldn't help myself there! Only those living in the US (and watching stoopid TV commercials) during the eighties, would get that joke anyway.

I actually just found the commercial on Youtube (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OTzLVIc-O5E). Goodness, what you can find there! Sorry to hijack the thread with stupidity OP, I'm just amusing myself here. :flower:

Rzilynt
June 18th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Center parts are beautiful, but don't look good on me. I where them on the side when I can, but I am thinning on both sides so I wear a bang....compromiser I guess...lol..

RZ~

rhosyn_du
June 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Center. It's where my natural part is, and is also much more flattering.

rhubarbarin
June 18th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Always a deep left side part. I have a lot of poofy hair and a small skinny face, and I look like a horse with my hair parted center or even close to center. My hair used to part 'naturally' in the center until I retrained it - took a long time until it lied flat, but now it stays parted to the left mostly.

I love Veronica Lake's hair so I will probably always wear my hair like this.

crystal_89
June 20th, 2008, 12:25 AM
I have a side part on the left. I usually try to change it or make it deeper, but then my fringe never goes the way I want it to :(

Fencai
June 20th, 2008, 10:16 AM
mine just sort of goes where it wants to. when its wet, i just comb it back and let it fall where it wants to for that time.
some days, its all over!

burns_erin
June 20th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I have a very stubborn center part. I do try to alternate between sides and diaganols, but the center will almost always out.

Duchess of Erat
June 20th, 2008, 11:11 AM
My hair parts in the center in an almost straight line (I've had people make remarks about that when I still had chinlength hair and didn't bother to make a straight part), and I've come to accept that, it's just much easier than trying to make it behave in any other way. If I make a tight enough bun or ponytail, it will stay back without any parting happening. Loose, low buns and english braids mean I have a center part.

Delenn
June 20th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I wear a side part, though sometimes I do a complete diagonal part or a partial side part that becomes a diagonal part in the back. I do that while bunning to try and hide my icky cowlick.

Finoriel
June 21st, 2008, 01:20 AM
Deep side part on the left. That´s how it falls naturally, because of a widows peak and a lovely cowlick above my right eye :p.

goldenwaves
June 21st, 2008, 04:52 AM
Mine's parted on the side, and further where I have a bit of a side fringe.

embee
June 21st, 2008, 05:30 AM
I vary between no part, center part, and slightly to the left. I've tried slightly to the right, but it sure does feel funny and I don't think it looks right, the hair won't lie properly, it bunches somehow. Since I always have my hair up, a part tends to stay where I put it.

LongForLife
June 21st, 2008, 04:02 PM
Well, I actually have always had natural parts in the center and both sides. I usually keep mine parted on the far right though. For some reason, I like that better than the left. Depending on the style I am wearing, I will sometimes part it down the middle. After washing my hair seems to naturally part on the far right, and I hardly ever have to fix it.... maybe from years of parting it there... or perhaps that is my strongest natural part. :)

Patrycja
June 21st, 2008, 04:07 PM
The last time I had a major cut(December),it was with a side part in mind.But-my hair has other thoughts.Its a center part untill I die,appraently :lol:

Gladtobemom
June 21st, 2008, 04:54 PM
No part.

My hair just doesn't like to part straight. It sort of goes back.

Flying Betty
June 21st, 2008, 05:53 PM
Mildly to one side. I think it looks a bit more current than my natural dead center part. I don't think that a really deep side part looks very good to me, and I can't get my hair to stay that way anyway. It really likes parting down the middle but I can at least urge it a little bit to one side or the other- no preference which, though.

kwaniesiam
June 21st, 2008, 06:56 PM
Center, it bothers me if its not. On occasion, I can tolerate it only slightly to the right but never the left. It just doesn't feel right.

ZaBasDa
June 21st, 2008, 09:15 PM
Well I washed my hair today, and ended up with a scraggly center part that turned diagonal in the back. Oh well. I can achieve any type of part as long as my hair dries that way. Oh! and I loved parting my hair in a zigzag when it was shorter; it did nice things to the curl. I should try that at my next wash.

smilelads
June 21st, 2008, 09:35 PM
Definitely a side part. Center parts are just so....severe. But it depends on the person wearing them, I guess.

Saranne772
June 23rd, 2008, 04:49 AM
I wear my natural part which is a center part. But I like both.

My mother has a natural side part and I love it on her
http://file033a.bebo.com/1/large/2007/05/02/15/19585513a4265054561b671582068l.jpg

It seems more like side parts tend to run in my family (natural ones) but I have a center one!

Carina
June 23rd, 2008, 05:08 AM
I have my part in the middle.I have tried a side parting but it feels more like "me" to have it in the middle.

Medvssa
June 23rd, 2008, 08:01 AM
I have worn it center for many years and noticed it starts to thin in there if I always wear it in the same spot. Now I alternate, I part a bit to the left, to the right or center. I love deep side parts but I cannot do since I do not have hair over my temples, I do not know how do you call this in english :tongue: it is like a very deep widows peak, but without the peak :lol: and well, with the curls it is difficult too, I seem to have two cowlicks over my forehead and the hair grows towards the center of it, deep side parts make my hair stand up :lol:

Arniky
June 23rd, 2008, 10:16 AM
both centre and side

LadyMoon11
June 23rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
Slightly to the right of center. More side than center.

honeybunch
June 23rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
My part is in the middle. It used to be to side, and now my hair acts funny.

Jan in ID
June 23rd, 2008, 07:11 PM
Usually in the center, that's my natural part. But I mix it up sometimes with a part on the right.

laughter777
June 25th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Mine parts down the middle (or near middle) on its own and refuses to do anything else! If I try to part on the right side I get a bald spot because I have a goat lick (cowlick, but prefer to use term goat because the goats do lick my head and eat my hair!) back there that makes the hair split and look bald further back than normal. Does that make any sense???

yogachic
June 26th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I'm thinking some photos of your parts are in order. I have a hair action photo in my album that shows my part well. I have a dr appt. to get to, so I don't have time right now to post it here. I will do so later today though.

paper
June 26th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I have an angled side part with angled side bangs.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/paper1962/bangs2.jpg

Radulfr
June 26th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I have a side part - I used to be center, long long ago, but I got tired of the look.

rubyredslippers
June 26th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I'm a centre kinda gal. I just like symmetry too much. Mind you, it's never perfectly straight. I like the look of zig-zag parts but I can never replicate it, either, and I just don't feel that side parts are the look for me.

Anje
June 27th, 2008, 08:04 AM
When I part my hair, I usually do it mildly to the left. My hair, however, tends to want to form a center part on its own. One of these days I may stop fighting that.

Of course, most days I wear it up, and it doesn't start out parted at all then. But by the end of the day, there's often a bit of a center part.

Tangles
June 27th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I like the center part on first-day hair, but I usually do some form of side part on second and third days after washing--flat head and center parts don't mix! Also when doing certain updos, side parts work, but updos with center parts usually look very bad on me.

bkitty09
July 16th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I make a side part on the left side. I don't like them on the right side for some reason.

bgarrison
July 16th, 2008, 07:51 PM
just left or right of center. i call it a two-thirds part.

this is when my hair is down, which is not very often. usually i wear it up with no part.

nutsenmai
July 19th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Center part! I wore a side part throughout middle school and junior high, then quickly switched to a center part in high school. Never looked back!

Elistariel
July 20th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Side. Usually going from my left eye over to the right. I've got it the other way around now because that's how "Esme Cullen's" is in the few photos I've seen online. I'm going as her to a book party and I want to train my hair to part that way before it.
I only do center parts for pigtails. I have a widow's peak so it looks weird and I want my pigtails even dadblame it.

eta: When I was little (under 7) my mom had me believing that girls parted their hair on one side and boys parted their hair going the other way. I can't remember which was which, but it took me forever to get used to seeing people with their hair-parts on the "wrong side." :cheese:

SweetPea88
July 20th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Usually somewhere close to the middle, it all just depends how my hair falls when its drying. I'll occasionally purposely switch it over to the left side but right now I have too many baby hairs to deal with for that to happen.

Boon
July 20th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Usually center because that's my natural part, every time I wash my hair it form a center part if I don't force into a side part. Sometimes I wear side parts but most days I'm too lazy to fix one ^^

Angellen
July 23rd, 2008, 01:26 AM
I'm another with a dominant center part. People have told me countless times to do something else or make no part at all, but my hair just won't have it. The center part somehow feels like a part of me, in the way.

Elanor
July 23rd, 2008, 05:01 AM
I've parted it on the left for ages, but when I had bangs I sometimes made a center part. Now I'm back to side part as my bangs have grown out.

Chromis
July 23rd, 2008, 09:05 AM
Centre part, as my scalp commands. I have no choice but to obey since it always overrules me!

Nimawae
July 23rd, 2008, 09:10 AM
I have a natural center part, and most of the time I'm too lazy to try to do anything else with it. I only do a side part when I'm feeling like getting all snazzy.

Shanarana
July 23rd, 2008, 09:14 AM
I don't have a part at all anymore. My hair is wavy/curly and I wear bangs so the top of my hair is more like a poof, it that makes sense.

Hurray4Henna
July 23rd, 2008, 09:18 AM
I too have a natural messy center part, but I part it on the left side if it's down in bun curl or straight (but I no longer wear it in this style).

ladystar
July 23rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
When I was younger I would part it right down the middle for many years, I could not get it to part on the side, now that I do, if I part it down the middle it doesn't want to it likes the side better.

Gumball
July 23rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
Part? What nonsense is this?! Haha. Most of the time I'm part-free, but if I'm doing something that needs one it goes straight down the middle. It also depends on the day and the weather. No more sunburning my part. That's one of the more irritating places I've experienced a burn.

Marcipangris
July 23rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
When I was younger I would part it right down the middle for many years, I could not get it to part on the side, now that I do, if I part it down the middle it doesn't want to it likes the side better.

Me too; I had a left-side part that I successfully migrated to the right side.

DotDotDot
July 23rd, 2008, 10:14 AM
I have a natural center part, but yesterday I tried combatting it with a very mild side part while I was in the shower. It worked fairly well, but you could still see the first half a centimeter of natural part. However, I usually don't even wear a part and I just pull my hair straight back.

Takethevitamin
July 24th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Center, off-center, side, or none...depending upon my mood.

Neen
July 26th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Left. I used to part on the right, but I got tired of wrestling with a cowlick there and moved to the left. I also have a hard time getting it to part in the centre, it's always a little to the left.

Siowiel
July 26th, 2008, 01:47 AM
I have a natural center part... it hurts if I try to force my hairs in any other part (brushing back with no part works, though).

And I like it that way! I have a high forehead and I was told that I look like a Madonna when I smile :o

(This impressions vanishes as soon as I open my mouth. I suppose Mary did never tell Joseph to shout up and get an education before telling her ridiculous falsehhods... *ahem*).

2luvmycurls
July 26th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Mine in a slight side part, but it's curly and messy, so often it's never a nice neat part no matter what it would be.

bohemian
July 27th, 2008, 02:09 PM
For years and years only the middle but this past year (and part of last) Ive been side parting my hair (left and right). I find though if I part my hair on the right it hides the cowlic I have on the back left side of my head :o/YAY.
Its interesting to see what other ppl do!

kowlrea
August 16th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I usually wear a very deep right side part

Juneii
August 16th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I have a left-side part, it's at the arch of my eyebrow :]
I remember having a middle part when I was young, I hated it so much because it made my face look looooooong.

LadyLongLocks
August 16th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Center part all the time, even when I had bangs. Now that my bangs are 26" I really love a straight center part with long hair and a main reason I grew out bangs. Although when I wear my hair up, I usually have no part.

rubyann
August 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
Center part.

I was a side parter for most of my life. Only since I've grown my bangs/fringe out have I gone to a center part, to avoid the unbalanced look and to keep it out of my face.

rhysiana
August 23rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
I have a definite natural dead center straight part, so if my hair is down, it's center parted. If it's in an updo, there's usually no part, unless the 'do is at the nape of my neck (braid, flipped ponytail, etc.,) and then it's just whichever I felt like.

Strongnlong
August 25th, 2008, 06:00 AM
My hair usually falls into a deep left side part...i'm trying to train it into a higher slightly off center part which seems to suit me more as I gain length.

Gray
September 9th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I brush my bangs forward and the rest of my hair back, and then let it fall where it wants to. Centerish, but nothing like a straight line.

Akiko
September 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Naturally left side. But I don't like it much... My hair looks too thin when it is parted.v

vindo
September 9th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Both, I switch.

SweetPea88
September 9th, 2008, 09:41 PM
However my hair decides it wants to be parted. :)

Raven69
November 17th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I look better with a side part, but a middle part is so much easier...only like to use it when in a hurry or when wearing pig tails (unless my hair is already in a side part).

mommy101405
November 17th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I have a side part. I have two cowlicks. One in the front and one toward my crown. My part automatically runs between the two. Like it or not that's where it is.

Sammybunny711
November 17th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I'm a side parter. I think that when my hair is long...I might try the center part but with short hair....it looks MIGHTY strange with a center part...

Vitalai
November 17th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I wear a side part. It's much more flattering than one in the center for me.

Elphie
November 17th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I switch between a center and a side part, depending on how I'm wearing my hair that day. I also zig zag it at times.

Calanthe
November 17th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Both centre and side. It depends on the hairstyle for today and how my hair "feels" that day. Sometimes I don't part at all or try to zig zag (which doesn't work most of the times I try it).

Iphinoe
November 17th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Wow, I'm amazed that people have such trouble with their parts!

My hair is so disobedient I'm surprised to discover it's quite meek in this regard. I part it on the side, usually changing back and forth daily, as side parts are much more flattering. Centre part hides my eyes and cheekbones and makes my face look fat, pyramid-shaped, and formless. Ugh.

I usually do a diagonal part starting from the deep side and ending at the centre on my crown to evenly distribute weight. I find I have more lift at the roots and sleekness if I part it differently than it dried.

UncommonTart
November 17th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I have a slightly off center part. It's not really optional, as I have a cowlick and a widow's peak; unless my hair is pulled back it parts there on its own.

joyellen
November 17th, 2008, 11:55 PM
My hair naturally parts on the right side and I don't try to fight it. I have a cowlick on my hairline on the right, so it just looks silly when I try and part it anywhere else.

GlassEyes
November 18th, 2008, 06:12 AM
My hair just sort of...parts. xD; Granted, I prefer side parts since it keeps more hair out of my eyes, so I'm constantly pushing it over, but generally it does what it wants to do.

Ryanne
November 18th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I have a natural center part, it doesn't look right when I try to part it otherwise and it hurts.

sahiba
November 18th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I love doing side parting as well.

Aisha25
November 18th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I have just natural parting that can never be changed never no matter what i do it always stay parted to the left.

neon-dream
November 18th, 2008, 11:25 AM
middle parting :)

Teleri
November 18th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I would prefer a center part, but my bangs got a weird cowlick thing and part themselves on the side, so I decided to match the rest of my hair to them.

RocketDog
November 18th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I usually comb my hair straight back and let it part where it wants - which is always on the left, just inside the arch of my eyebrow. It's always parted there, since I was a little girl.

MaKenna90
December 18th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I prefer mine on the side. I have a beast of a cow-lick that always wins out.

Becky Safari
December 18th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I do a side part for the first half of the part, then the rest just goes back down my back. I'm not stingy about the part though, it just likes to go that way.

LoversLullaby
December 18th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I wear my hair parted to the right. It makes my hair lay nicely.

thatjengirl1
December 19th, 2010, 06:08 AM
i wear mine both, but mostly the middle :)

ReadHeadGirl
May 25th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Always center /middle part !

TheMechaGinger
May 25th, 2011, 10:21 AM
My hair pretty much parts however it dries, usually in the center or off to the right side. I'm trying benign neglect and so I try to not pay attention to it (which is kind of hard XD)

celebriangel
May 25th, 2011, 04:36 PM
My hair stubbornly returns to its standard left-of-centre part nomatter what I do to it. I haven't actually "parted" my hair in a really long time - I just let my hair down and it falls in the aforementioned part.

If I try to part it somewhere else it feels uncomfortable, almost painful. Also, my hair refuses to lie flat or maintain the part for even 5 minutes.

Firefly
May 25th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I love a center part, especially for updos, but I try to mix it up to avoid thinning one area.

owlathena
May 25th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Side part, unless I have bangs, then I part it in the middle so everything lays evenly. Every couple of years I've switched the side.

morrsken
May 25th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Usually slightly diagonal side part on my left side. Sometimes I switch sides for more volume. My face doesn't go very well with a center part, but I wore it as a kid.

WaterMusic
May 25th, 2011, 07:07 PM
My hair naturally parts over my right pupil. So I let it do it's thing.

Qadupae
May 26th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Prefer side part, but my hair is a center part all the way. I'm lucky if I can have no part at all when I do a ponytail ^_^

AshNight1214
May 26th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I kind of have to part my hair on the side because I have this itty bitty widow's peak that's off center!! I can never get it to look right. I kind of wonder how I ever did it as a little kid!

Amber_Maiden
November 4th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Center part when my hair is down. Though sometimes it's rather crocked, because I don't make it a perfect center part, i just let my hair fall where it wants.

Plume
November 5th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Side part (left), I havent' tried center part for ages!

Orangerthanred
November 5th, 2011, 09:06 AM
For all my life up to a few years ago I wore a middle part. But my hair is way thicker, poofier, and rattier now, so middle parts look funny on me. So a side part, I guess.

QueenOfTheSkye
November 5th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I wear a center part, but it only works when I have bangs. A center part just straight from my face looks horrible, and before I got bangs I did a side part.

Shuan
November 5th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Always had a center part, but since I've been growing my hair out I hardly ever wear my hair down anymore.

nobeltonya
November 5th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Center, because that's what it wants to do.. I've tried side parts, and besides not wanting to stay that way, it just feels weird.. :P And, I think it looks better in the middle.

spottylover
November 5th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I go with a side part on the right. For whatever reason, I don't like it on the left, and down the center makes my face look way too wide. ;-)

Jing
November 5th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Side part to the left. I have to fight my hair's natural part and a whole bunch of cowlicks for it, but I prefer the look.

Maraz
November 5th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I let it stay in a center part, anything else requires tons of hairspray and then I end up looking like a refugee from an 80s rock band.

supercupcakexx
November 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I do a side part on my left, usually right over the highest part of my eyebrow. Sometimes I like to switch it up and part it on the right or make a deeper/more shallow part, depending on what style I'm doing.

battles
November 5th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I have a side part with short side bangs.

Clelia
November 11th, 2011, 08:46 AM
My natural part is kind of middlish... so I usually part it there. It helps show of my slight widows peak. But I do side parts as well, whatever fits the hairstyle I want to do.

Mustardseed
November 13th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I usually center part my hair, where my natural part is. However, I don't want my part to get wider and wider, so I try to switch parts once in a while. My part seems to gradually move back to middle though.

owlathena
November 13th, 2011, 07:22 PM
A deep side part, on the right.

Hairwish
November 14th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Left, right, centre, it depends on the hairstyle.

Inching Along
November 14th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I just changed it up the other day. It felt so weird to have my part on the left side; my natural part is on the right. I do think I'll switch it around every now and then. It was weird to see myself with something different. :) I have a little bit of a widow's peak in the center as well as lots of baby bangs, and even though my natural part is on the right, there's a strange part that wants to happen in the middle near my forehead. Hmm. I think I need to play some more. I didn't get a headache like I thought I would!

Jesabel
November 15th, 2011, 07:05 AM
My hair naturally falls into a left side part after years of having a side fringe and brushing it that way. Though it's not a very long part.. the rest of my hair seems to fall back. I don't think a middle part would suit me at all!

Winged
November 15th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Side part on the right, almost where my hair naturally parts.

kanaka
November 15th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I have a center part which parts naturally. sometimes i comb without part because i don't want my part get wider. till i didn't experience any wideness though

Kamir0
November 15th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I grew up with a pretty deep side part on the left (above the extremity of my eyebrow). In fact, it shows quite a lot on my hemline, because the baby hair grows accordingly.

But my hair will usually stay in whichever part I choose to style it (while wet). It took a while to actually "train" my hair to stay in a centre part (in my teens), because my hair used to "puff up" on one side... :p

Lately, I have been wearing my hair back a lot, because I am growing out shortish bangs and it doesn't look great with a part (a centre part probably being the worst of all), but I really like to wear a deepish side part, so I can't wait for my bangs to be long enough (about chin length, so that I can put it behind my ears). :D
Otherwise, I kind of pin curl my bangs so that I can wear it down without falling into my eyes, in which case I will either wear a centre part or no part at all... :)

Jeno86
November 15th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I tend to wear my part in the center. I'll wear it a bit to one side from time to time but it is pretty rare.

Modarunner
November 15th, 2011, 11:39 PM
I do a center part as that is the way my hair naturally goes. Side parts look weird on me.

blue_nant
November 28th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I just comb it back. For most of my life I had a center part. Then at some point, I realized I had a buttload more hair on my left side than on my right, and I'd part in favor of evening it out. But now I just comb it back and it mostly stays that way. I think. And it shows less of my scalp, which has problems of its own every time the weather changes or I have stress.

BTW, there isn't a way (on my head) to show less of the gray, so ... pppffffttt!

laceyfairy
November 28th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I like side parts. I tend to switch the side every few days

Topaz
December 9th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I just let my part fall wherever it wants, which is usually in the middle.

RiotPrrl
December 9th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I've been doing a side part for years, it seems to suit me best. I also read somewhere recently that a side part suits someone with a square shaped face better than a middle part because it looks less symmetrical? Or something along those lines :)

BrownEyedBeauty
July 25th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I wear a side part usually on the right. Sometimes I will switch sides, but generally feel most comfortable with my part on the right hand side.

MintChocChip
July 25th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I wear a side parting 99% of the time. I went through a phase of wearing a middle parting in February of this year to see how I liked it but it didn't suit my square jaw and made me feel a bit odd so I'm a side parting girl all the way! :D

BrightEyes
July 25th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I have a side parting, on the left side. My hair falls there naturally.

JellyBene
July 25th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Right now I'm doing a side part on the left side, naturally it wants to do a middle part. I can never do a side part to the right, it just wont work, left or middle only.

melusine963
July 26th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I have no part, since I wear my hair brushed straight back. For a while when I was younger I had a part on the left though.

clioariane
July 5th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Always center :)

CTH3989
July 5th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Center part, always.

rut.de.leu
July 5th, 2013, 04:16 PM
I brush out my part if putting my hair up or back (excepting with braids), but I have now and always have had a super stubborn center part which will not be coaxed into any other placement.

lapushka
July 5th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Side part. Haven't had a middle part since I was a pre-teen.

majesticmoon
July 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I switch my part with my style. When its down ill wear it to the side sometimes. I like to change it to as my scalp feels more invigorated.

biogirl87
July 5th, 2013, 10:29 PM
If I leave my hair how it wants to be, even after styling, I'll be wearing a center part. Most days though I try to hide the center part as I've grown a bit tired of it since the last trim.

honeybunnie8
July 5th, 2013, 10:56 PM
I have a natural part in the middle but if I part it while its wet and manage to keep it there while it dries it will mostly stay there.

neko_kawaii
July 5th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Natural side part. Even if I part it intentionally it will sort itself back to a side part.

Kyla
July 5th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Right center part. A middle part is just not flattering with my face.

Sharysa
July 6th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Deep side-part (to the left). If I part my hair in the center, it looks REALLY heavy and limp, especially since my face is really square. A side-part give my hair more volume and soften my face up.

I part my hair in the center when it's wash day, since that means I can shampoo, condition, and oil my hair evenly. It also makes doing twin Dutch braids easier (keeps my hair from frizzing and it brings out the braid-waves).

Edit: I also like center parts for some half-ups, which is whenever I want my hair down but not in my face.

heidr
July 6th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I always wear mine parted on the left side but I've been trying a middle part lately. My hair naturally seems to keep going back the the original part though.

biogirl87
July 6th, 2013, 07:08 PM
heidr, I think our hair just knows how it wants to be parted and it's hard to get it to agree to parting differently.

jacqueline101
July 6th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Comb straight back natural center part though.

Puchuca
July 6th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Slighty to the left part, just because a perfect middle part is too hard on my face

shirohane
July 6th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Center. No part sometimes when I do ponytails.

Natalina
July 6th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Side part. Center part makes my hair looks bigger. But recently I got bangs and it annoys me, so most of the time I just clip all of the hair in-front of my face up (the rest of my hair is down though).

AnqeIicDemise
July 6th, 2013, 11:56 PM
I wore a left side part for years. I'm now switching to the right. Its a pain in the tuckus.

Sandrawoah
August 1st, 2013, 05:04 PM
My natural part is in the middle but I changed my parting to side and it parts there now.

erinlesley09
August 5th, 2013, 07:32 AM
I had been parting my hair in the center, with the exception of my bangs (which were parted to the right). Since I decided to let my bangs grow, I've been switching it up. I think the center is my natural part though.

Tangle or Curl?
August 5th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Side part. My nose is pretty crooked due to a deviated septum, and wearing a side part disguises that whereas a center part makes it far easier to notice the asymmetry. I also think a side part looks more flattering with a long/square face like mine.

massivecnqstdr
August 5th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I have a side diagonal part most of the time, but I still have very short hair. A center part would look very odd. I quite like center parts, and I can't wait to rock one when I get to at least a long bob!

Leeloo
August 5th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Side or middle part

xohbihitztix
August 5th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Far side part. My hair is very fine and thin, so it gives me more volume!

Natalina
August 6th, 2013, 12:50 PM
For most of my life I center=part, only started side-parting recently, but now have went back to center again. :p

Glass Spires
August 6th, 2013, 02:29 PM
If I don't put it in a center part, it just feels wrong, as if it's not lying the right way. So I wear it in the center every day; I know it's better to switch it around, but trying to make it different is too annoying to me....

DancingGirl
August 6th, 2013, 02:45 PM
I have a slightly off center part but everyone else calls it center.

Tails
August 6th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I part at the side most times, but it's fun to change to center once in a while.

MunaZaldrizoti
August 6th, 2013, 05:30 PM
When I had long hair it had a centre part, now that its short its usually in a side part. I'll probably change it back to a centre part when it grows out though.

woodswanderer
August 6th, 2013, 06:50 PM
I have been parting center for a long time. If I move my part, will my hair become uneven in length making a trim necessary?

MidnightMoon
August 6th, 2013, 08:18 PM
I change daily, sometimes middle, sometimes side

leslissocool
August 6th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Center parts looks best on me, I don't make it it just falls there naturally.

But when I want to look fancy I part on my right.

MadameV
August 6th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I used to do center as a teen, but I've let it go back to it's natural place: a half-inch left of center. Kind of a pain since I have double whorls that are positioned, no lie, one on the left edge of my crown and one just behind my right ear. If I do braided pigtails, the one on the right is 150% the size of the other. I can't move it until my hair has enough weight to hold my extremely stiff and resilient (if I pull my hair straight back in a tight pony, a part will appear within two hours) roots down a little flatter. Nothing will help the whorls, though, except moving my part so it runs from right temple to left ear.

Skuld
August 7th, 2013, 03:56 AM
I have a very mild left part. It used to be a lot more to the left, but now it just falls closer to the center. Go figure.

Flournoy
August 7th, 2013, 04:25 PM
In the middle, though i have been thinking about changing it more to the side.

littlemonster
August 7th, 2013, 05:40 PM
We never parted my hair, was always left back, usually braided, when I hit pre-teens it started naturally parting - after a few hours it'll even part when up. Somewhere middle or up to about an inch either way. I let it fall naturally and use that, it tends to be fairly straight so it works for me.

Deep side parts always make me feel uneven. It just feels like I don't have enough hair 1 side.

flemeister
August 8th, 2013, 02:56 AM
I have a very mild left part. It used to be a lot more to the left, but now it just falls closer to the center. Go figure.
Same here. Mine's been migrating towards the centre for the past six months.

When I used to wear a far left part, after swimming, I'd end up with a perfect centre part anyway (no swim cap). :rolleyes:

silver curls
August 10th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Side part

or

center part?

I prefer and wear a side part. Most recent I am trying a deep side part with a pony tail. It parts near the outer part of my eyebrow. I can only pull this off while hair is pulled up though.
When my hair is down I can't make it as far over.

Currently, as a curlygirl, no part, where ever it falls.
When I was blow drying, side part.
As a child, center part.

queenofheartz44
August 10th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Off center to side part.

Mayihuan
August 12th, 2013, 02:35 AM
I change daily, sometimes middle, sometimes sideMe, too. :)
Though when it comes to a side part, it's more often over my left eye than over my right eye... Probably because I've been favoring that side for years, parting over the right eye just feels awkward to me now.

martyna_22
August 12th, 2013, 02:50 AM
I've stuck with cerner part for almost a year now and I'm thinking of changing it a bit. Just so I don't get bored ;)

FuzzyBlackWaves
August 12th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Usually the centre, but I part to the right side if my roots have grown through enough to look bothersome.

twilightrose
August 12th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Started parting on the left after reading a similar article to this, years ago. http://www.truemirror.com/press/html%5Ctmc_syracuseherald.0199.asp , something about parting on the left and being more successful, and it compared Clark Kent and Superman, and seemed to make sense. I often center part or wear my hair up and have no part at all though.

blace
August 12th, 2013, 07:57 AM
I have always parted mine on the left but I really want to try a middle parting once I get some more length.

SilknStarch
August 12th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Never really had a part for decades, but now I'm thinning on top I've just moved it to a diagonal from the right temple to center of the crown and now need to trim my odd new flag on the hemline.

chen bao jun
August 15th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Middle, usually or no part. I do have bangs.

windchijmes
August 18th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Mild side part from the right. Never centre. This is just me, really. I look incredibly strange with a centre parting, particularly my fringe.

martyna_22
August 21st, 2013, 11:50 AM
I think I prefer center part.. but I like to play with it every once in a while ;) With updo's I guess I prefer side part, though.

stinkyfeet
August 21st, 2013, 11:56 AM
I usually wear my hair with a part on the right side. My hairdresser always parts it on the left side--maybe she thinks it looks better that way?

Lady Mary
August 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
I wear a center part, as it falls there naturally.

henné
August 23rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Left or center. Depending on my mood :)

NataschaB.
August 25th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Side part and always have.

sourgrl
August 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Usually to the left but I'm a flipper. Flip from one side to the other throughout the day.

Doreen
August 25th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I wear a center part because it's my natural part; however, I do really like the look of side parts. I wish I could do a side part on myself but I find that the weight of my hair distributed that way is quite painful after a couple hours. Also my head is rather flat on the back and dented in at the side, so getting the part straight is also a struggle... center part is just the most convenient for me I suppose.

rosey4exclaim
August 25th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Center. I've done side parts a few times when I had bangs, but now that I'm growing them out, I just let it fall where it wants (which happens to be the center).

RedNymph
August 26th, 2013, 12:05 AM
My natural part is just off-centre to the right.

blondzai
August 26th, 2013, 12:09 AM
lately i only part it in the middle. when i had style and layers in my hair i used to part it on the left...now doing that makes me feel like my head looks lopsided :/

bionicpaws
March 30th, 2022, 10:51 AM
I wear a middle part!! And have for all of my life... I have always been too scared of wearing a side part since my curls make one side so much bigger... due to the volume, lol!! Right now a middle part is the best for my daily hairstyle; two braids! :p

TatsuOni
March 31st, 2022, 03:48 AM
A middle part. I prefer it that way.

LongLocke
March 31st, 2022, 05:42 AM
It depends for me. Some days, it's in the middle, some days I do a slightly off center part

cinamio
March 31st, 2022, 05:46 AM
I wear a middle part or an off-centered middle part.

alewyn
March 31st, 2022, 06:31 AM
Center for me, that's been my go-to for the last six or seven years (excepting when my hair was super short and one or two awkward bangs-growing-out stages). I find a side part makes my forehead look bigger, which it definitely doesn't need :p

Kriegerin
April 16th, 2022, 02:56 PM
Always a middle part for me, I used to wear it in a middle part or bangs as a child, as a teen I only wore a side part, and I think I just want to leave my teen years behind lol!

lapis_lazuli
April 16th, 2022, 07:10 PM
Middle, where my hair divides naturally. I prefer a side part, but it pulls when I try to do buns with it :(

Bri-Chan
April 19th, 2022, 06:51 AM
As it is when I remove the towel. Usually middle part, sometimes an off centered middle part.

foreveryours
April 19th, 2022, 08:45 AM
None, straightback

lapushka
April 19th, 2022, 10:31 AM
A high side part, my right side. My mom does the same, left side. LOL. By high part, I mean somewhere between a side-part and a middle part. I love it that way. It's like I can't choose, right? :lol: ;) :p

KokotheHen
April 19th, 2022, 03:47 PM
A slightly off- center middle part or a normal center part. The first one is where my hair divides naturally.

WitchoftheWood
April 25th, 2022, 10:13 AM
Middle part every day babyyyy

WitchoftheWood
April 25th, 2022, 10:16 AM
Always a middle part for me, I used to wear it in a middle part or bangs as a child, as a teen I only wore a side part, and I think I just want to leave my teen years behind lol!

Kriegerin I relate to this so much lol. My teen years were always a side part, too much damage and trying to tease my hair into emo hair styles. Now I middle part and grow my hair long for better head banging at metal shows XD.

JuniperTree
April 26th, 2022, 06:41 AM
I've been parting my hair midway over my right eyebrow since I was about 12! I have a very asymmetric face and this helps disguise it. The part is the only thing I've kept about my hair, through all lengths and styles!

Lesley8
April 26th, 2022, 03:37 PM
Mine falls into centre part even if I try changing it,it has a mind of its own!

Glitch
April 27th, 2022, 04:09 PM
Definitely a side part, especially with my bangs. I feel a middle part is way too harsh for my softer features. I wish I was able to rock it, though!

Agate
April 27th, 2022, 08:39 PM
I have a natural cowlick about an inch off of center where my hair naturally parts. It's a lot of effort for me to maintain a deep side or a center part because of this cowlick so I just go with my hair's natural inclinations.

SandyBottom
May 3rd, 2022, 06:07 PM
I part in the center. As a child it was parted on the side, but it was always a hassle because I have two hair whorls and the side opposite my part would make my hair stick up in a bump.

GoatLady
December 26th, 2022, 08:13 AM
Mine naturally parts just off center.

Peony91
December 26th, 2022, 05:15 PM
I wear a center part.

rozzi80
December 31st, 2022, 05:51 PM
Most of the time with a center part, but my hair is finally long enough that I can side part it and wear a single braid on the opposite side. I kind of like the look at the moment.

mermaid lullaby
January 1st, 2023, 08:26 PM
I part it to the right side

Braided Lady
January 3rd, 2023, 11:51 AM
Almost always a center part now, because I have multiple bald spots near the front on both sides of my head. My hair is thick enough to cover them well if I part down the center, but much to either side shows them. Occasionally if I am not going out I will do a far side part to go past the bald spots at the top and before the ones above my ear, but that is a tricky line to find so I don't often bother.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2023, 01:49 PM
Now with my shorter hair, my part doesn't lay still. I part it, initially off-center, to the right, and that sort of migrates to the middle I've noticed. When I put it up it's all swept back anyway (peacock twist).

ArienEllariel
January 4th, 2023, 10:38 AM
I usually part it in the middle but the last couple days I've been trying parting it on the left.

mochichichi
January 5th, 2023, 07:57 PM
I almost never part my hair; I put it all back with no part when I bun and I bun every day. When it's down, I just kind of push it all back and it goes all over the place. The only time I part is dividing for pig tails.

When I was little my hair was center part, then at some point I switched to a side part by gelling my hair down at the part I wanted until it lay that way on its own. I've been wearing my hair up with no part everyday for years now and if I part it, it stays wherever I put it at this point.

Mariekeeee14
January 6th, 2023, 05:04 AM
I use my natural part, center but a bit to the left. This is the most comfortable. I’ve been doing this for a year I think, before that I wore it in a side part. I prefer that look but my hair doesn’t stay parted in my signature loose English braid and comfort is more important to me

ailish
January 7th, 2023, 06:02 PM
Given that I've been wearing pigtail braids a lot lately, a middle part is more convenient for styling right now - my hair seems to be parting in a middle part naturally lately which I'm attributing to the braids!

Lesley8
January 8th, 2023, 01:15 AM
I part mine in the middle but it always falls slightly to the right.