PDA

View Full Version : A funny hair comment

Melanie Marie
May 11th, 2011, 11:57 PM
I was coming in to school for orchestra rehearsal and I needed to take my own bow with me, so the lower half of the bow was jutting out of bag. As I was checking in at the front gate, the guard on duty noticed my bow and said, "Ah, you are in orchestra! Is this for the violin?" "Actually, it's for the contrabass," I responded. He was obviously interested, so I pulled it out of my bag for him to see.

Just then the Head of Security for our school walked over to see what I was showing, and when I told the guard on duty that the "threads" were made of horse hair, he was flabbergasted. "Look at that!" he exclaimed to the Head of Security. "It's all horse hair!" "No, it's her hair!" the Head of Security retorted. "Don't you see how long and thick her hair is?" And I think the guard on duty believed him for a second (despite the fact that the bow hair was white, and I'm a brunette)!

I thought it was pretty funny, even though my hair is only waist length. :D

sweetestpoison
May 12th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Haha! I can't wait til i get comments about my hair length!

Phexlyn
May 12th, 2011, 01:03 AM
That's a funny way of complimenting you, actually! Lovely story :D

trolleypup
May 12th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Heh! That's sweet!

Who knows, it might be human hair, all bleached! After all, a friend of mine's model railroad layout has telephone/telegraph wire made out of my hair!

Qamar
May 12th, 2011, 03:39 AM
That is super cool Trolleypup! Melanie, what a wonderful story!

jojo
May 12th, 2011, 04:05 AM
what a cute story; id have fallen for that!

Melanie Marie
May 12th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Yeah, it definitely put me in a good mood, and our Head of Security is pretty funny. :)

Pierre
May 12th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Take a bow! :D

Sweet Beat
May 12th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Haha, lovely <3 :)

JamieLeigh
May 12th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Cute compliment! Your security guys sound pretty cool. :)

a friend of mine's model railroad layout has telephone/telegraph wire made out of my hair!

Nice one, trolleypup! :lol:

MizzAlice
May 14th, 2011, 01:21 PM
* New Project Idea*

Restring bow with shed hairs. Perform the song 'Hair' on violin. Laugh at the irony. Repeat....

tigr
May 14th, 2011, 06:31 PM
* New Project Idea*

Restring bow with shed hairs. Perform the song 'Hair' on violin. Laugh at the irony. Repeat....
Very funny!

Melanie Marie
May 15th, 2011, 11:32 AM
* New Project Idea*

You are wonderful. :rollin: