PDA

View Full Version : How long to get from BSL to tailbone ?

jhill923
May 11th, 2011, 02:29 PM
How long did it take you guys to go from BSL to tailbone ? assuming you got minimal trimming along the way ?

this is like 6 more inches right ? sounds like another year ! ughhhh

pepperminttea
May 11th, 2011, 02:37 PM
How tall are you? Average growth a year is six inches (half an inch a month). For me, it's taking a while because I've trimmed a lot to get rid of layers, and I'm 5'10".

freckles
May 11th, 2011, 02:45 PM
It depends on proportion of the body, rate of growth, and amount of trimming. It's hard to give a good guess without knowing your specifics. However, I would guess on most people, BSL to tailbone is significantly longer than 6" -- on me, it's around 10" or so, and I'm not tall (5'4"). I'm about 1 year 10 months into growing from BSL to tailbone, and I reckon it'll take me about another year. I've trimmed a fair bit though, I'm sure people can do it a lot quicker if their hair is in better condition.

Carolyn
May 11th, 2011, 02:48 PM
With trims and 1/2" per month growth rate it took me about 4 years. High BSL or mid back was about 27-28", WL is 33", hip is 36" and tailbone is 40" on me. I net about 3-4" per year after trims. It all depends on your height, position of BSL on you, your growth rate and how much you trim.

Avital88
May 11th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I think it usually takes around 2 years.. 6 inches is not a good guess i think, or you have to have a really small upperbody.But it depends a lot on health of the hair.

krissykins
May 11th, 2011, 03:01 PM
It's only 6 inches on you? It's still 12 inches away from my current point, which is 3 inches below BSL. *jealous*

CrystalStar
May 11th, 2011, 03:26 PM
BSL to tailbone feels like at least 8 inches to me! I'm feeling too lazy to measure, but I reckon you're looking at a year and a half of solid growth (without trims) :p

jojo
May 11th, 2011, 03:38 PM
How long did it take you guys to go from BSL to tailbone ? assuming you got minimal trimming along the way ?

this is like 6 more inches right ? sounds like another year ! ughhhh

Theres a lot more than 6" from bsl to tb unless your 3 foot tall!

bsl for me was 26", waist 30" and TB is 40" Im presently at waist and looking like a year and half off for me. If you grow average of 6" a year, your looking at 28 months without trims or approx 3 years with trims, of course I am only going off my measurements, height and growth speed, yours will be entirely different!

SheaLynne
May 11th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I agree that my experience fits what the others are saying. I came to LHC with almost waist length hair nearly 2 years ago, and I am just now *almost* to what I can claim as true tailbone. I get a steady 3/4-inch of growth each month. I did trim about 4 inches during that time, though. I still have another 3-4 inches of previously damaged hair to trim, too, so healthy hair at tb length is going to be a full 3 years of growth. I'm average height at almost 5 ft 7 inches.

Take mini milestones and don't focus on the big picture of how long it will take. I recommend monthly length shots so you can easily see your progress and how far you have come, *not* just how far you have to go!

Mesmerise
May 11th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I am very short, and it's almost 14" from BSL to TBL on me! I guess it depends on the length of your body and how low your bra strap sits (my shortness seems to be more in the legs than torso...sadly).

But yes, how long will it take?

Well let's say it's 10" you need to grow, and your hair averages 1/2" inch a month. Well It's gonna take you 20 months if you don't trim... if you trim off say 2 inches in that time, it'll take you 24 months, or two years. If your hair grows 1" a month though, it's going to take half that time!

The only way you can really calculate is work out your own growth rate, and get an accurate measurement from BSL to TBL (as I honestly don't see how it can only be 6", even waist to TBL is more than 6" on me). Then you can calculate how long it should take, and you can take into consideration how much you get trimmed off when you get a trim, and how often you trim.

dragonchickx
May 11th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I wouldve taken me a year and a half but its going to take another 6 months because I keep cutting it. I stopped cutting it. If you dont do much trimming, only dusting youll get there faster.. My plan is to grow to tailbone than cut an inch off, than ill be at that length for a while..

torrilin
May 11th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I haven't measured where tailbone is on me.

BSL is 25". Waist is 32" (but hair at 32" doesn't *look* like waist, rather as I expected...). Classic would be about 48". My hair grows somewhere in the range of 9-12" per year, and I'm currently at 32". So let's average the distance between waist and classic for a quick and dirty approximation... I come up with about 40", so 8" of growth to get there.

That'd be around a year if I went no trim. I'd budget double that if I were desperate for tailbone hair, so that I could trim if I needed. As a fine hair who hates split ends, trims can be a godsend. That also leaves me time to maintain at a length, so I can get used to it or spend time thickening things up.

For someone with the same measurements and a growth rate of 6" per year, it'd be about 1 year and 4 months to get there on a no trims routine. That's not realistic for everyone, so I'd figure on more like 2-3 years.

And ALL those numbers are from waist to tailbone. If you're dealing with something like 15" from BSL to tailbone... there ain't no way it's happening in less than a couple years.