PDA

View Full Version : Chemical dyers- whats your fav or the best drugstore hair color ?

jhill923
May 11th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I know chemical dye is bad - but I need it ! I refuse to be gray, Im 31 !! whats the better drugstore dyes ?

mustpannkook
May 11th, 2011, 11:25 AM
When I used to dye my hair (well, BLEACH, I actually went from jet black to nearly white all by myself at home...) I just bought the cheapest ones. Not much help, though... I think Garnier does the best ones, though. When the others fryed out my hair it left my hair feel quite nice. I think the one I use was Garnier Naturals.

jhill923
May 11th, 2011, 11:33 AM
i know - Ive been buying the cheapest ones.....im thinking I should start really getting the best one I can.

celebriangel
May 11th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Please also read the thread about protecting your hair from peroxide damage using coconut oil:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10495&highlight=peroxide

and stay away from feria, or any high-peroxide dye.

Additionally, do you want to stay with your natural colour, and just cover grays? If so, you can use semi-permanent colours, particularly if you have less than 50% gray. I had great success with L'Oreal casting creme. They have a wonderful set of "natural" colours. Please use semipermanent, it will not damage your hair nearly as much, since they are low-peroxide formulations.