PDA

View Full Version : I didn't realize until too late!

spidermom
May 11th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Last night DH and I were watching Netflix, and I picked up the jar of coconut oil to massage into my elbows, feet, and neck/chest area, as I do every night.

And then I found myself massaging coconut oil into my hair, which I didn't intend to do because I washed it just yesterday. By the time I realized what I was doing, my hair was quite heavily oiled on one side. Oh well - too late - I did the other side and washed again this morning after my workout.

Have you ever found yourself doing something with your hair that you didn't intend?

Shicurls
May 11th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Ha ha!! YES! I do this kind of thing all the time! Because I'm home sick all day, i too am a Netflix watcher, and oftentimes, I'll be applying some oil (usually olive) to my hands and feet. Next thing I know, I've run my hands through my hair, then need to apply more oil to my hands. Then, I accidentally run my hands through my hair....are you following the pattern? Next thing I know, I've braided tiny braids all over my head. It's heavily oiled, and I needed it to look nice for some activity in the morning!! Argh!

Personally, I just laugh at myself and keep on washing my hair!

jojo
May 11th, 2011, 01:14 PM
hell yeah normally when I do a perfect bun, one never accomplished before and then can i remember how I did it? can I heck!

MissManda
May 11th, 2011, 03:56 PM
This sort of counts...

I did a stupid, stupid thing today. :o

I CO-washed my hair as usual today when I decided it would be a nice time to do an SMT. The last of my layers were being very dry and cranky, so I mixed up the honey and AVG plus some Tame and Everyday Shea. I let it sit for an hour and when rinsing time came, I decided I'd spoil myself and do a lemon rinse since I haven't done one for a while. I went and filled the bottle up with a little juice and water and put it on the toilet next to the bathtub so I could easily grab it when I was done.

So I did my thing and reached over to grab the bottle of lemon rinse. Wrong bottle! I opened it up, turned it upside down and squeezed it hard. For a second I was wondering why there wasn't icy cold liquid running down my hair. Then I saw the white globs land at the bottom of the bathtub.

Oh, cr*p! :agape:

I had dumped one quarter bottle of moisturizing lotion onto the underside of my hair. I had to rinse even more after that. The used shampoo bottle of lemon rinse and the bottle of lotion are basically identical because they're made by the same company. I completely forgot that the lotion was there and didn't take the time to read it.

And this is why it is important to pay attention. XD