PDA

View Full Version : Calling all curlies!

Naters
May 11th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Hello Everyone! :) So lately I've been having quite a frizz problem going on with my hair. Before I used to use a lot of products on my hair, but absolutely hated how that would make my hair feel(crunchy, you know) so I've stopped using so much product which makes my hair look soo full, which i love, but the only problem that i have now is that, im forced to pretty much style my hair every other day. What i usually do is shampoo once a week, and then conditioner the other times that i have to re-do my hair because of the frizzyness. So my question to all you lovely headed curlies is how often do you have to re-style your hair during the week? Do you just get it wet, or do the whole enchilada(Shampoo and conditioner) Thanks all! :)

JulietCapulet
May 11th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I rarely just wet my hair. If I get it wet it's almost always to wash it. I style it after I wash.

Red_Rose
May 11th, 2011, 10:15 AM
For me, when I get up, I take out the scrunchie(I pineapple) and I let my hair sit. Once I give it a few minutes, it just falls back into place so there is no need to re-style(which I don't even do!) but if I have a few fly aways or a bit of frizziness, I add a bit of flaxseed gel. It tames the hair without making it crunchy.

I wash my hair every four or five days and the only time I style it is immediately after I wash it.

kristinacurl
May 11th, 2011, 01:36 PM
If your hair is 14 inches, it is close to my length. I don't know about your thickness, but my hair is fairly thin and fine so I have to wash and condition it every day to every other day to avoid looking flat.

I find that for my curls, I have to use cones to avoid being too frizzy. I don't use cones in my conditioner, just in the products I curl my hair with. After I get out of the shower (I CWC), I use a soft microfiber tower to get a bit of the water out of my hair. You want your hair to be pretty wet to get the best looking curls and less frizz. I comb and then part my hair, and then use the towel to gently scrunch my hair into the curls. This helps to set the shape of the curls before putting any product in. I use about two golf ball sized amounts of Garnier Fructis's curl conscious mousse, one for each side of my head and the leftover amounts for the back. Then I will usually spray my hair with macadamia oil (I use Macadamia Healing Oil Spray. It smells so good!). Then I go in with my hands and scrunch that in. You can let it airdry, but I usually go in with my diffuser on cool to get the job done faster. I add Tresemme hairspray to the roots to get more volume. My hair is good and curly for at least two days. On the second day, I take my water spritzer and spray my hair to make it damp, scrunch it with my hands, and then use the diffuser again and some Tresemme Hairspray.

For a while, I washed my hair only twice a week and used the water-only method on the other days. I would style my hair after the shower as normal. Maybe you could try that method. It is my experience that if you don't re-style your curls they will look flat and frizzy after a few days. It is hard to keep them looking good without at least wetting and re-styling every few days.

I hope this helps!

curlymarcia
May 11th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I wash my hair twice a week. In the meantime I only wet my hair. Everyday after wash/wet I put a little of almond oil (just a few drops). And then I style with aloe vera or mousse. The oil is very good to avoid frizz. if you prefer use the oil as a hairmask, is also great.

Sanyia
May 11th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I don't style my hair. Use a tangle teezer in the shower, lots of conditioner, let sit a while, rinse off, then apply a bit of conditioner to the ends and wrap it in a microfiber towel until it doesn't drip. After that, a tiny amount of shea butter or argan oil, or coconut oil on the ends, air dry, and that's it.

To sleep, I make a loose figure eight bun on the top of my head and secure with hair screws.

Sometimes, I spritz with a mister bottle with water, aloe vera gel, and a little conditioner if I get fly aways. No combing until next wash, 3 or 4 days later.