PDA

View Full Version : CWC tips for a newbie?

coffeeandtoast
May 11th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Hi All, I'm a newbie here and, of course, I was overwhelmed with the amount of useful information and didn't know where to start. But one of the members here directed me to an article that suggested to start CWC for a month with my current shampoo and conditioner. Now, I have a clarifying shampoo and conditioner that I use every day; otherwise, I would have a very awful buildup problem due to hard water.

Do you have any tips or lessons learned from your CWC attempts?

Thanks in advance!

knoxkatie
May 11th, 2011, 08:28 AM
CWC is where I started and for me it was a super easy transition to make.

One of the best shampooing tips I have learned here is to mix your shampoo with a little water in a little bottle and get it all sudsed up and foamy. I guess the idea behind this is to reduce the friction you are putting your hair through by lathering in the bottle rather than in your hair.

Another one is to only apply the shampoo to your scalp. This works for me because the rest of my hair gets clean when the shampoo runs down the length as I rinse.

Good luck :D

jojo
May 11th, 2011, 09:06 AM
This is a lovely way to wash your hair. I first put conditioner (I use a cheap coneless one) on my combed, dried hair (last 4" of hair only)and leave for say 5 minutes. Then I wet my hair and use a very diluted shampoo and gently wash my root area only and then rinse. My final conditioner is a slightly heavier coneless, though sometimes I put a coney conditioner( again on last 4" and lightly over canopy) cones-coneless I am not really fussy, though my hair gets greasier quicker with cones. I leave the final conditioner on and again rinse with lukewarm water. Never use hot water as it makes greasy hair again and also isn't good for hair. I then do a final cold rinse and thats it!