PDA

View Full Version : scalp massage question

monichella
May 11th, 2011, 06:33 AM
I know about the importance of scalp massages in hair growing and I'd like to do it everyday but I do not succeed because if i try my hair get oily too fast and I prefere to not wash it more then two times per week.
There's a way to solve the problem, a technique or a trick? thank you!

jojo
May 11th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I use a BBB to massage my scalp it feels lovely.

monichella
May 11th, 2011, 07:27 AM
i've got a bbb but I don't think mine it's appropriate to massage the scalp, its bristles are soft :confused: how do you do? :)

MaiCarInMtl
May 11th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I basically do my scalp massages 3 different ways:
1- The big scalp massage - lasts a few minutes, with oil, a few hours or the night before I wash my hair.
2- With my brush, no oils: I can't own a BBB so I use my paddle brush from the Body Shop (bamboo) - I find it quite gentle and I make sure to be very gentle. This is quite a short session, just enough to say I stimulated the scalp a bit.
3- The mini: I simply massage my scalp without any oils, using the pads of my fingers. Again, I am gentle. This one is great just before bed as it's very relaxing especially if you decide to massage down your neck a bit and knead your traps (I carry a lot of stress there).

Madora
May 11th, 2011, 08:59 AM
For oily hair, Mr. George Michael suggested to put a child's white cotton sock over your hairbrush, then brush to pick up the excess oil.

(from George Michael's Secrets for Beautiful Hair, Doubleday 1982)

monichella
May 11th, 2011, 02:29 PM
MaiCarInMtl Thank you for your experience!

Madora this trick it's amazing!! omg I never could imagine that! I'll try it soon :D thank you very much!! Does this book have got other interesting contents? let me know! :-)

einna
May 11th, 2011, 03:18 PM
this is probably not what our looking for, but for me CO has slowed down the sebum production, and I can massage the scalp more often without oiliness beeing much of an issue. =)

Eta: you can also just massage the areas that dosent show the greasiness that well, and limit the other places for just before washing.

jojo
May 11th, 2011, 03:50 PM
i've got a bbb but I don't think mine it's appropriate to massage the scalp, its bristles are soft :confused: how do you do? :)

I have a Mason Pearson which has quite stiff bristles. I just brush with my head tipped over my knees, from the nape and over. I don't need to press, the bristles reach my scalp lovely. Sounds like your BBB is a soft bristle, which are good for smoothing buns down.

jojo
May 11th, 2011, 03:52 PM
For oily hair, Mr. George Michael suggested to put a child's white cotton sock over your hairbrush, then brush to pick up the excess oil.

(from George Michael's Secrets for Beautiful Hair, Doubleday 1982)

I just read that this evening! I am going to try it out!

DreamDance
May 11th, 2011, 09:12 PM
My scalp gets oily very quickly. I don't use any oil when massaging my scalp. I just use my finger tips, if there's not enough oil on my scalp to massage with my finger-tips I scritch with a horn comb instead.