PDA

View Full Version : My History in Hair

WittyWordsmith
May 10th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Ok, so since this is the first time in my life I'm actually paying attention to my hair, I thought it would be fitting to see where I'd been so I could know where I should go with it.

I saw another thread about our "younger hair" and it got me thinking that it would be super-cool if I could find pictures of all my past haircuts and see the progression. Well, I had the thought but I didn't really THINK I could do it. Until I just decided to see what I could come up with!

Since I had the day off, I spent pretty much the whole afternoon collecting and scanning in what pictures from my childhood I could find and getting them all uploaded into an album.

It turned out way better than I thought! I don't have every year or every style in here, but I can actually see a progression of my hair from age TWO on! :cheese:

I thought I'd share because I'm really interested to see if there are any other albums like this out there!

So if you're interested, check out My History in Hair right here (http://wurlywavelengths.blogspot.com/p/bio-and-hair-pics.html). And if you can, post a link to YOUR OWN!

I would LOVE to see everyone's hair histories! :D

julliams
May 10th, 2011, 10:05 PM
That is so cool. What a great idea!!

vanillabones
May 10th, 2011, 10:59 PM
I loved looking at that :) it was great. wow you've had a lot of styles and cuts. At least if you're growing natural now you got everything out of the way :D You have had very long hair before, and looked so beautiful at your wedding by the way!

I really want to make one of these, I think I will start tomorrow but I'm really slow. I believe my hair to be freakishly thin so maybe I'll have photo-proof on here.

racrane
May 10th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I have a similar one on my facebook page but I'm terrible at figuring out how to undo the privacy levels. I'm 20 and awful with computers. :( Anyway, it's a great idea! I pretty much had long blonde hair until I turned 18 and had to cut it for a show. Kept it shoulder length for two years and then realized I'm not me without long hair. That's pretty much my story - not as much pictures as you! Your hair is beautiful, by the way!

sweetestpoison
May 10th, 2011, 11:25 PM
I love the idea, but omg in some of these i thought "Why oh why did she cut her wonderful hair!?!" lol

Wavelin
May 11th, 2011, 12:37 AM
WittyWordsmith thanks for sharing! That was really interesting and funny to watch! And the "ugly duckling" fase, haven't we all been there..:D

oktobergoud
May 11th, 2011, 03:46 AM
OOh that was awesome! :D I love seeing older pictures of people, I specially loved your 90's pictures :D

I have an album called 'previous haircuts' that has a few of them!

And man I had that sideway ponytail and those HUGE glasses as well! Sigh.. the 90's :P

Night_Kitten
May 11th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Wow, that's a great history :)

I have pics from 2001 till now in my LHC albom - no childhood pics, only of the last growing journey... (I should scan some, but I just can't find the time to go through the alboms...)

P.S.
Just noticed wer'e almost the same age - only a few months apart, LOL :)

WittyWordsmith
May 11th, 2011, 07:13 AM
I love the idea, but omg in some of these i thought "Why oh why did she cut her wonderful hair!?!" lol

As a kid, my mom was in charge of my haircuts. Hence all the paige-boy cuts, LOL. I am still upset she cut it the FIRST time when I was 4!

After I grew it really long the first time, when it got to my hip-bone, I didn't know how to deal with it all. I wore it up in a tight wet bun 95% of the time, and I really didn't realize how fast or long it was growing. I cut it because I wanted something different at the time.

When I cut it in 09 I really didn't want to, but I did it so my sister could use me to pass her salon exams. My hair was the only style she knew that could give her the straight-cut bob she needed for her last test. I was pretty sad, but glad I could help her.

OOh that was awesome! :D I love seeing older pictures of people, I specially loved your 90's pictures :D

I have an album called 'previous haircuts' that has a few of them!

And man I had that sideway ponytail and those HUGE glasses as well! Sigh.. the 90's :P

LOL, that still makes me cringe every time I see it. But I love knowing I wasn't the ONLY one who looked like that!

Thanks everyone! I'll be looking for those LHC albums some of you mentioned. And I can't wait to see what others come up with! :D

Colourful
May 11th, 2011, 07:21 AM
You look gorgeus!

KatiSasha
May 11th, 2011, 07:24 AM
You are so lovely! It was really great to see the progression, my old computer with pictures is in storage, but I need to get it out. What a great idea!

I think you look great with all the cuts, but you'll be stunning with classic length. Keep it going!

AuburnTresses
May 11th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Wow, I loved looking at that WittyWordsmith! I have to say I don't see any ugly duckling phase ;). You were very pretty throughout all of it.

Cupofmilk
May 11th, 2011, 07:33 AM
I really liked that. I think it is great to see hair and style over the years. I ha dlots of short cuts too!

Eolan
May 11th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Oh boy, if I ever did one of theese it would be a billion pictures! Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the styles I had through the years. Thank you for sharing yours!

WaitingSoLong
May 11th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Great idea! Unfortunately I only have a couple pics from my childhood. That was before digital photography and mostly expensive polaroids. Gee, am I that old? lol I do have a scanner, though. Still, I may work on something like this at least for my adult life. I think I could do age 16 and up, so 19 years of hair with a couple of childhood pics at the beginning. I had an ugly duckling phase, too and the paige boy haircuts plus some lovely 80's hair to boot. LOL. I only have digital the last 5 years or so.

I really enjoyed watching you grow up and see your hair turn dark after age 6.

Perhaps this should be in Hair Polls and Projects!

Artsy
May 11th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Wow it was just so nice to see pictures from 90s:))))
I have a few pics from that time as well, but because of that time's fashion I am not that brave to put them out:o

Madora
May 11th, 2011, 08:23 AM
WittyWordsmith, how photogenic you are! Delightful photos! Great hair, too. Thanks for sharing!

Fufu
May 11th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I like your hair pictures throughout all your ages :) You are gorgeous too.

WittyWordsmith
May 11th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I didn't even think of this as hair project, but if it qualifies the Mods could move it!

I had to scan in the majority of these, but it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. I just put them in order and wrote the dates on the back. I put them in order and laid as many as I could on the scanner to upload at once. Then, I opened the file in my Picture manager and cut out each picture and saved it into its own file. There were like 30 pictures I did that way, and it wasn't as time-consuming as I thought it would be. I only had to adjust the lighting on a few of them, since they were old.

It was pretty interesting, as it's quite the trip down memory lane!

Thanks for all your sweet words! I'm blushing! :)

Wavelin
May 12th, 2011, 01:48 PM
As I loved watching your hair history WittyWordsmith, I thought I'd share a part of my own, from 19 years old with dreadlocks to 22 years old with CO and LHC :D. I've posted pictures in my album, and I hope they come in the right order, they are also numbered. http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/album.php?albumid=7833

Watch and laugh! :cheese:

WaitingSoLong
May 12th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Wavelin: Not laughable. I think you looked good in dreads. You have one of those faces that could pull off any hairstyle methinks. Nice work on the pics in order!

hockeygirl256
May 12th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Wow quite a story :) It's crazy how so many styles and colors suit you.

WittyWordsmith
May 12th, 2011, 05:11 PM
As I loved watching your hair history WittyWordsmith, I thought I'd share a part of my own, from 19 years old with dreadlocks to 22 years old with CO and LHC :D. I've posted pictures in my album, and I hope they come in the right order, they are also numbered. http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/album.php?albumid=7833

Watch and laugh! :cheese:

Great album. Your hair did look great short, but it's too nice not to have it long! :) Love it!

Wavelin
May 12th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Thank you all for your kind words! *blushing* I am happy now that I'm a little older, that I have tried a few hair styles. It's fun to experiment and the good thing is that hair grows back!

NaiadOreiad
May 13th, 2011, 01:20 AM
http://madradhair.livejournal.com/36440787.html

I posted this on livejournal way back in 2009, now my hair is almost to be BSL!!

BTW I loved looking at your pictures!

WaitingSoLong
May 13th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Naiad: another wonderful face that can do so many "do's"! I like your style now, actually.

NaiadOreiad
May 13th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Naiad: another wonderful face that can do so many "do's"! I like your style now, actually.

Thank you! I like my style more now too. the dreads and colours were fun but it was so much maintenance!!

Now I am a style ninja... buahahaha! Alternative one minute and bam! sweet the next.

WittyWordsmith
May 13th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Thank you! I like my style more now too. the dreads and colours were fun but it was so much maintenance!!

Now I am a style ninja... buahahaha! Alternative one minute and bam! sweet the next.

Your hair blonde with the dreads looked really awesome. My word, you have no fear! Of course, everything looked fantastic, so I suppose there was nothing to fear anyway.

What a fantastic journey! :)

NaiadOreiad
May 14th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Your hair blonde with the dreads looked really awesome. My word, you have no fear! Of course, everything looked fantastic, so I suppose there was nothing to fear anyway.

What a fantastic journey! :)

Thank you so much! Once you get to a certain point, you just stop caring what other people might think and then you are free to do what you want with your head. :cool: I loooooved the blonde dreads but it was soooooo much upkeep!

Thanks again for your kind words!