PDA

View Full Version : Am I too old?

spidermom
May 10th, 2011, 07:46 PM
For everybody wondering if they're too old to do this, that, and the other thing, let me lead the masses in a resounding "Heck no!"

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/colorful.jpg

Grow your hair as long as you like it. Color it whatever color grabs your fancy. Live long and prosper.

Cowgirl16
May 10th, 2011, 07:48 PM
HECK NO!!

What an impressive braid I might add :D

julliams
May 10th, 2011, 07:49 PM
What a gorgeous braid!!! Thanks Spidermom.

summerjade
May 10th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Spidermom, Thank you for your thread statement!! You have a great way with words and I needed to hear that today!! Sometimes I feel too old to do a lot of things. Now I know better!!!

cowgirllong
May 10th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I love those hints of purple! Never too old, I say.:)

summerjade
May 10th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Oh, BTW, Your braid is so full and thick and beautiful!!

spidermom
May 10th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I needed this reminder myself today. Not hair related, but I've got my hang-ups - that's for sure. Oh, and thanks for the braid comments. I posted it in my blog today, which is friends only, and people like it, so I thought I should share with the wider membership here.

maborosi
May 10th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Love that braid- and the hints of purple, too ;)

~maborosi~

AmericanWoman
May 10th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I'm old, but not too old. lol

trillcat
May 10th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Holy heck Spidermom! You could kill someone with that braid! Awsome!
I look forward to when my natural hair reaches shoulder so I can see just how thick it is compared to the bleached stuff, my taper is horrible. It is going to be awsome though, with what I have learned here!
Too old to grow it out, and this IS going to take years and years and years, NO WAY!! I estimate I will be 50 when my natural hair reaches waist. (I am 44 now)

christine1989
May 10th, 2011, 07:56 PM
That is one of the most amazing braids I have seen on LHC! The color makes it even more special. :)

racrane
May 10th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Well, I'm only 20 but I completely agree with what you said! And your hair is awesome! :)

Hylia
May 10th, 2011, 08:05 PM
No, it looks beautiful!

Sunshineliz
May 10th, 2011, 08:26 PM
LOVE that braid! I am in awe (and jealous) of how thick it is!

Joribear
May 10th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Holy mackerel, Batman, errr.... Spidermom - that is one THICK braid!! Wow!! Gorgeous!!!

MariaAZ
May 10th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Spidermom, I haven't really been on the forums much for the past few years (I pop in now and again though) and I was completely floored by how lovely your hair is!!! I seem to remember it being a lot shorter ;)

Great growing!

ericthegreat
May 10th, 2011, 08:37 PM
That's a wonderfully thick braid! And I of course love the fushia temporary color, you can still very clearly see it towards the ends even all these weeks after Easter.

And I agree, age ain't nothing but a number. You rock that color!:rockerdud

Anje
May 10th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Amen! Amen (again, because I need 10 characters...)!

GeoJ
May 10th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Heck No!!! I must also add that your braid is awesome!

Carolyn
May 10th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Spidey, we are finally old enough to do what pleases us and not care what the rest of the world thinks.

dulce
May 10th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Wow,what a gorgeous braid!

Islandgrrl
May 10th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Amen, sister!!!

EdG
May 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Grow your hair as long as you like it. Color it whatever color grabs your fancy. Live long and prosper.:thumbsup: to you, spidermom!

That's an amazingly thick braid! :thud:
Ed

trillcat
May 10th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Spidey, we are finally old enough to do what pleases us and not care what the rest of the world thinks.
This, a million times this!
:cheese:

Elenna
May 10th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Spidermom, your braid is gorgeous and THICK! Love the color too. You must be brave! Ha, brave braid!!!!! Nevermind, I get this way sometimes!

kitschy
May 10th, 2011, 09:00 PM
You are awesome and so is your braid!

AnqeIicDemise
May 10th, 2011, 09:08 PM
-standing ovation-

That's what I always tell my Mum when she says I'm too old to get piercings/color my hair funky, etc. :D

bahoban
May 10th, 2011, 09:17 PM
ohhh I'm in love with that purple braid,, just gorgeous!

twilightmom
May 10th, 2011, 10:27 PM
All I can say is WOW!!!! Gorgeous hair and such thick hair. Who said hair thins when you get older? I'm 53 and its great to see women my age growing their hair long and doing what they want...

BTW Spidermom.. have you always had thick hair? Do you do anything special?

Mesmerise
May 10th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Wow! What an AMAZING braid! You know, it'd be a CRIME to cut that off and have an "old lady" haircut LOL. I haven't got half that hair thickness. What an inspiration for all older LHC members (and the younger ones too)!!

ElusiveMuse
May 10th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Spidermom, you're so lovely :)

gthlvrmx
May 10th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Oh my lord, what a wonderful thick braid you have! I hope by the time im 50 i will have such a thick braid like yours! And trailing on the ground :p I could just bite into it!
Simply amazing. :)

prosperina
May 10th, 2011, 11:00 PM
When I saw this thread title and that you, spidermom, were the original poster, I had a moment of confusion and panic. Then I opened the thread and saw the beautiful thick blond/purple braid--and all was well with my world again!

Beautiful hair!

kwaniesiam
May 10th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Never too old!

Someday I hope to be known as the eccentric old lady with lots of piercings and crazy long, colorful hair :D

Gumball
May 10th, 2011, 11:26 PM
I definitely agree with that sentiment. That also one awesomely colorful braid! :agree: :D

WaterMusic
May 10th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Your braid is huge! And purple! And excellent!

pennyroyal
May 11th, 2011, 01:03 AM
What a gorgeous, thick braid & that color is so gorgeous! I agree, we are never too old to do the things we wanna do. Age should never stop us from being who we are.

Toadstool
May 11th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Wow! What an AMAZING braid! You know, it'd be a CRIME to cut that off and have an "old lady" haircut
OMG Can you imagine??? Nooooo.....

Eolan
May 11th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Hear, hear, spidermom! Your hair in all it's glory rocks!

skyblue
May 11th, 2011, 02:56 AM
wow! Thats one heck of a braid!!!
Your so blessed to have hair that thick!
Oh and no way are you too old for what ever you want to do ;)

Nephele
May 11th, 2011, 03:11 AM
You are an inspiration spidermom! I hope I can be as gorgeous and have as beautiful hair as you when I am your age :)

oktobergoud
May 11th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Haha, the first thing that came in my mind when I saw your picture was "OMG IT'S THIS HUUUUUUGE PINK CATERPILLAR", only to find out that it was your braid :P It just looks like a.. a.. tropical caterpillar! I like caterpillars so that's not meant to be offensive, just so you know :)

And you are totally right! :D

jojo
May 11th, 2011, 07:50 AM
HECK NO! goodness me thats beautiful *WIT WOO* <----thats a loud wolf whistle! I love your hair in the photo, it reminds me of cross between a fat fish and a long python, which sounds daft but its just perfect :thudpile::thudpile::thudpile: I hope you make it your siggi photo! oh and if anybody dares say your too old, turn round quick and smack them in the face with it!:D

jackie75
May 11th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Such an encouraging thread! I love playing with funky colors. It's not damaging at all & even conditions.

I wonder what others think and sometimes feel self conscious because of my age, but, I like it!! :p

Thanks for posting this!

Lippytoes
May 11th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Spidermom, you are fantastic. :)

And that is one heck of an amazing braid. The thickness...!

lapushka
May 11th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Amazing braid! Thanks for that, because I needed to hear that today too. :thumbsup:

vanity_acefake
May 11th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Your braid and hair colour are beautiful.
And I agree "heck no!"
Your never too old.

elbow chic
May 11th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Dang! Daaaaaaaaaang.

islandboo
May 11th, 2011, 09:54 AM
LOL, I was very glad to click on the thread and read the post because I actually gasped when I read the thread title and saw the author was Spidermom. I was so sad to think she was for real! So thanks for all of the wonderful affirmation here!

daaisychains
May 11th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Damn straight :)!

HintOfMint
May 11th, 2011, 10:17 AM
What a gorgeous braid!

And thank you for your words. I'm already getting the "you should cut your hair in a few years" talk.

emeraldshade
May 11th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Amen! What a gorgeous braid!!

Firefly
May 11th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Love it-- the braid, the color, and the sentiment!

georgia_peach
May 11th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Gorgeous braid, Spidermom! And, thank you, 'cause I surely needed to hear your wise words today. :thumbsup:

spidermom
May 11th, 2011, 10:42 AM
All I can say is WOW!!!! Gorgeous hair and such thick hair. Who said hair thins when you get older? I'm 53 and its great to see women my age growing their hair long and doing what they want...

It's genetics for me; I've always had crazy-thick hair. If my hair is thinning at all, it's coming toward normal-thick.

BrightEyes7
May 11th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I love the braid Spidermom!! You make me want purple hair even more now!

Chetanlaiho
May 11th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Your braid and colour look amazing O_O (also some serious envy over the thickness going on here xD)

jojo
May 11th, 2011, 11:54 AM
LOL, I was very glad to click on the thread and read the post because I actually gasped when I read the thread title and saw the author was Spidermom. I was so sad to think she was for real! So thanks for all of the wonderful affirmation here!

I thought the same! phew the spideys web is still a spinning!

cindy58
May 11th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Such great thickness and color! Your braid looks wonderful!

spidermom
May 11th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I'm really sorry for throwing this "look at me!" thread out there. I was thinking about several recent threads from people wondering if they were too old to wear long hair or to color their hair the color they like, but when I threw that braid picture up, it was clearly showing off.

I think I'll go hide in a hole now.

Othala
May 11th, 2011, 01:52 PM
You are an amazing and inspirational person, spidermom. Beautiful too!

Thank you!

cindy58
May 11th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I'm really sorry for throwing this "look at me!" thread out there. I was thinking about several recent threads from people wondering if they were too old to wear long hair or to color their hair the color they like, but when I threw that braid picture up, it was clearly showing off.

If you've got it, flaunt it! I would show off too!

Wanderer09
May 11th, 2011, 03:10 PM
:thud:

That is an impressive braid!

And I whole-heartedly agree: you're never too old to do anything that makes you happy! :D

scorpio_rising
May 11th, 2011, 03:21 PM
You are awesome, Spidermom, and that braid is the bomb! Never too old!

Sanyia
May 11th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Love the purple braid!

jojo
May 11th, 2011, 03:44 PM

you keep throwing them; ive looked about 20 times at your braid, im surprised my laptop hasn't blown up with all the dribble!

Madora
May 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Good heavens, how did I miss that gorgeous braid! Truly awesome and inspiring! That is hair for the ages! :agape:

Madora
May 11th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Oh, and Spidermom, if ya got it, FLAUNT it! No harm in celebrating what Mother Nature gave you!

Silver Strands
May 11th, 2011, 05:55 PM

twilightmom said just what I was thinking.
Your hair is simply beautiful Spidermom!

Sunshineliz
May 11th, 2011, 06:10 PM

I think everybody needs some "look at me!" moments. You've got lovely hair and you deserve all the compliments you get!:applause

(Besides, sometimes we're excited when something turns out right and we just have to share with people who'll understand the excitement!)

Nae
May 11th, 2011, 06:12 PM
It isn't necessarily a "look at me" thread. It is more of a "thumbing my nose at conventional wisdom" thread. Which I totally dig.

If Spidey can do it so can the rest of us!!

lpsqt60
May 11th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Thanks Spidermom for the braid inspiration! I love your hair, no way are you too old or anyone else for that matter!:cheese:

SurprisingWoman
May 11th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Awesome braid! Love the thickness.

Charlotte
May 11th, 2011, 10:17 PM
What an incredible braid!!! :thud: :blossom:

Kathie
May 11th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Agreed! And look at that braid.... there's no tapper! Add me too ->:thudpile:

Dark Queen
May 12th, 2011, 12:16 AM
For everybody wondering if they're too old to do this, that, and the other thing, let me lead the masses in a resounding "Heck no!"

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/colorful.jpg

Grow your hair as long as you like it. Color it whatever color grabs your fancy. Live long and prosper.

Too old??? Hell NO!!! :D You deserve to be happy with yourself just as much as anyone else. We should all aspire to keep our unique sense of style as we age no matter what others say. Your hair is beautiful, and it's inspiring that you do it for yourself, and not what society thinks. Oh, and don't go into hiding; I love reading your posts :)

pittsburgpam
May 12th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Not too old at all!!! I am 47 and my hair is almost to classic length. People are always complimentary, the only slight detractors are my two 20-something daughters. I just deflect their comments with humor but I'm about at the point that of telling them to mind their own business.

Mesmerise
May 12th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Just out of interest, I clicked on one of those Facebook ads which said something like "In your 40s? Choose an age appropriate hairstyle".... well I HAD to look... but I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the pictures are all of celebrities, but most of them have long hair! Maybe not LHC long hair, but still long hair by most people's standards (not just shoulder length, but many BSL+). Anyway, here's the page: http://www.youngeryou.com.au/body-zones/hair/celebrity-hair-through-the-ages-40s?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=age

I think it's a good sign that they're telling women in their 40s that "age appropriate" hairstyles can be LONG!

Pixna
May 12th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Love this thread! LOVE your braid! And as we are age twins, I love your advice too! :D

jasper
May 12th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Nobody better tell you you are. With that braid, you could take them out!

lacefrost
May 12th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Spidermom, you inspire me! Because of you I've realized that no, it's not crazy for me to look forward to going gray, and no there's nothing wrong with dying your hair crazy colors once you get there. If I hadn't seen your pictures to know that it would look great I might've just decided to never do it.

selderon
May 12th, 2011, 10:46 AM
:thud: That is a thudtastic braid, Spidermom!

terpentyna
May 12th, 2011, 11:16 AM
The color is so wonderful... This is kind of what I dream on once I go grey, because it seems like it would really play well with "unnatural" color...

elbow chic
May 12th, 2011, 11:18 AM
No hiding in a hole for you! We'll all just gather around the edge of it and look at you anyway.

oooooooh....

.....aaaaaaaah

Dark Queen
May 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Just out of interest, I clicked on one of those Facebook ads which said something like "In your 40s? Choose an age appropriate hairstyle".... well I HAD to look... but I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the pictures are all of celebrities, but most of them have long hair! Maybe not LHC long hair, but still long hair by most people's standards (not just shoulder length, but many BSL+). Anyway, here's the page: http://www.youngeryou.com.au/body-zones/hair/celebrity-hair-through-the-ages-40s?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=age

I think it's a good sign that they're telling women in their 40s that "age appropriate" hairstyles can be LONG!

Pretty cool. I love that longer hair is becoming more main stream on older women. I get so depressed when I see silver hair in one of those poodle-looking cuts :(

Elistariel
May 12th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Too old for any hairstyle - never.
Too old for any hair color - never. As long as it's either super-temporary or your boss is cool with it.

ArienEllariel
May 12th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Bravo Spidermom! I agree wholeheartedly. :)

Becky Safari
May 12th, 2011, 07:06 PM
You rock, Spidermom!

mimi1153
May 12th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I agree, I have major braid envy right now!!! :thudpile:

I don't have half the braid you have. Beautiful - - in whatever color you want it!! :D

akuamoonmaui
May 12th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I feel the need never to braid again. That sets the bar. I'm not worthy....:thud:

As far as being "too old" goes, you probably are if you think you are. But there is the other side of that coin which is "just 'cause you can, doesn't mean you should".

alyanna
May 12th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Spidermom, you're totally cute and your hair is HOT! What I would do for just one strand of that braid!
:bowtome::bowtome::bowtome: