PDA

View Full Version : more hair on one side than the other

elbow chic
May 10th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Anyone else have more hair on one side than the other? This has been vaguely bugging me for years now.

Sometimes I think it's my parting, but no matter how dead-center I part it, I feel sure that there is more on my left than on my right. It's particularly obvious with half-ups.

Idun
May 10th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Yes, I have that too. I have more hair on my left side aswell. :)

spidermom
May 10th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I've got thicker hair on the right, but I don't think anybody can tell except when I have twin braids. To me, it's obvious that one is thicker, but I doubt it's obvious to anyone else. People are usually too busy thinking about themselves to notice details like that on other people. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

jojo
May 10th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Mines thicker on the right, interestingly I lay on my left hand side to sleep. Wonder if this is why?

wimitlee
May 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Count me in! My hair is thicker on the left side.

celebriangel
May 10th, 2011, 12:10 PM
My natural parting is on the left (my left, that is; the right to someone looking at me) and thus, if this were true of me, neither I nor anyone else would ever notice.

Cunning trick, eh? :)

WittyWordsmith
May 10th, 2011, 12:14 PM
My hair is uneven, and my right side always seems to be more unruly. So I started parting it over to the left to compensate. Sometimes I think it worked, sometimes I don't.

Cowgirl16
May 10th, 2011, 12:49 PM
My left side is thicker than the right and I sleep on my right side:confused:

Kristamommyx3
May 10th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I've got thicker hair on the right, but I don't think anybody can tell except when I have twin braids. To me, it's obvious that one is thicker, but I doubt it's obvious to anyone else. People are usually too busy thinking about themselves to notice details like that on other people. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Exactly the same for me.

Anje
May 10th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Yep, mine's thicker on the left.

EmiliaF
May 10th, 2011, 01:06 PM
My hair is also thicker on the left side. A hairdresser told me once that this might be because I sleep on that side, but I don't think so (I change favorite-sleep-sides too frequently for that).

CrisDee
May 10th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Mine's thicker on the left as well! I thought I was such an oddball, I'm so glad to see so many just like me! I sleep on both sides, so I don't think that's the cause of mine.

mistik
May 10th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Mine's thicker on the left so I do my natural part (which is off center), these days, which makes appear balanced.

lapushka
May 10th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Also thicker on the left side.

Roseate
May 10th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Thicker on the right here! It used to be much more pronounced, now it's not very noticeable.

Eta: and I sleep on both sides, as well as my back, so no sleeping connection.

metricfuture
May 10th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Yup, same here, thicker on the left. I switch sides often when I sleep, but tend to favor the left side.

chelles2kids
May 10th, 2011, 04:00 PM
*Raises hand*...my right side is thinner than my left...always has been for as long as I can ever rem.
I sleep on my right side so I definately feel this has something to do with it.

But every hair salon I've ever been too {In my pre-LHC days} when I've brought this subject up...the stylist has always given me the same answer...yep, you guessed it...everybody's hair is thinner on one side than the other.

elbow chic
May 10th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Cool. I'm glad I'm not alone! Yup, it is also more noticeable when I do twin braids, spidermom. Today I had two braided buns and the leftie felt much, much less plump than the rightie.

Probably nothing anyone else would notice without being creepy about it, of course.

KatiSasha
May 10th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Mine is thicker on the left and I sleep every which way :)

dragonchickx
May 10th, 2011, 06:03 PM
It is weird that you mentioned that. The last time I saw a hairdresser she said i had thinner hair on the right side of my head. So I have looked at it, I think there is a slight difference. I believe this is normal : ) but can be irritating when I want to split my hair down the middle when doing braids or something..

jaine
May 10th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Mine is thicker on the left but if I part on the left then it looks very balanced. My natural part is on the right, but my hair is very cooperative about drying in whatever shape I dry it in. (Actually, it might be cooperative because of the hard-hold gel I slick it back with while it dries :))

Mesmerise
May 10th, 2011, 06:16 PM
I think mine is thinner on the right, but it's hard to tell as I part on the left and have done so for over 20 years. It feels really weird to me to part anywhere else now. I also sleep on my right side (mostly although sometimes I go on the left) so maybe that has some impact.

Lianna
May 10th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Mine is thicker on the right and I sleep mostly on that side (if that's any useful information). That's why I don't think you have thinning/breakage on the side you sleep, jojo.

owlathena
May 10th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I have more hair on my left. Always have. Its exaggerated by my part and damage from bleached streaks.

irisheyes
May 11th, 2011, 02:49 AM
I have more hair on my left side. My hair grows in that direction, and can feel very comfortable in an asymmetrical hairstyle styled towards the left. My hair is wavier on that side as well. I sleep best on my left side. I'm right handed - wonder if that has anything to do with the price of rice?

Nephele
May 11th, 2011, 03:14 AM
I am so glad to see that I am not alone with this! It has been bugging me for so many years.

My hair is much thinner on the right side and also seems to come out easier? As in when I brush it, hair seems to brush out of my scalp more on the right side.

It is very strange indeed.

bettylibertine
May 11th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Mine is definately thicker on the right! :D But I have a side part to the left too which makes it seem worse..

AuburnTresses
May 11th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Yup. Mine is thicker on the right, and looks even more so with my side part. But I don't care that much anymore because everyone I see has one side thicker than the other. (Nothing like evening up the status quo to make yourself feel better. :p)