PDA

View Full Version : Waterfall success? PIC

WaitingSoLong
May 10th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Ok so I finally got my daughter to let me try the waterfall braid on her hair. Attempts on my own hair have failed miserably. What do you all think, did I do it right? Even if I didn't I think it looks good but my daughter did not like it.

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/WaterfallJo.jpg

Eolan
May 10th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Good job! Looks like a perfect waterfall braid to me. I like it, you can braid my hair if you want to. :silly:

bunzfan
May 10th, 2011, 08:53 AM
That looks just perfect to me, how come it didn't work on yours is your hair to slippery?

elbow chic
May 10th, 2011, 08:54 AM
I think it looks fantastic!

You can never expect gratitude from the young, though. :laugh:

WaitingSoLong
May 10th, 2011, 08:55 AM
That looks just perfect to me, how come it didn't work on yours is your hair to slippery?

I only have two hands and I cnanot see what I am doing. Plus my hair is much longer than hers and it all gets tangly. She is my little hair twin, though!

phoepha
May 10th, 2011, 08:58 AM
It looks so pretty! (as a child I also didn't like when my mom braided my hair - now I'd love such a braid!)

MeganE
May 10th, 2011, 09:05 AM
It looks perfect! You're probably lucky she didn't like it, otherwise she'd want one like it every morning, and that couldn't have been easy. :D

growingpains
May 10th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Looks rad:)

Cowgirl16
May 10th, 2011, 09:44 AM
That is so cool! I can't believe she didn't like it:shrug:

jojo
May 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Oh hows that done? it looks very pretty

WaitingSoLong
May 10th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hmm apparently I did not save the link for the video that I learned it from. I just kept youtubing until I found instructions I could follow well.

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkUo6JQud_o

PiroskaCicu
May 10th, 2011, 10:10 AM
It's beautiful! I love the look of the waterfall braid. Her hair is really similar to yours! :)

I wish my mom knew how to braid hair. :)

Kome
May 10th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Very neat! I've been meaning to try this!

jojo
May 10th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Hmm apparently I did not save the link for the video that I learned it from. I just kept youtubing until I found instructions I could follow well.

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkUo6JQud_o

oh thank you, I shall toddle off and watch that:)

that looks difficult and id need 6 hands to do it; you did really good!

Jean Stuart
May 10th, 2011, 11:17 AM
That looks so nice. I wish i could do that.

lilalong
May 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Oh, that's very, very pretty.

AnnaJamila
May 10th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Nope. Looks like you'll just have to try again . . . You can use my hair if you like! :D

Haha, just kidding! I love that braid and have been trying it off and on with limited success but it looks like you got it perfect! Mind sharing where you got your directions?

ETA: Nevermind, I saw your link! :)

ange1ito
May 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Looks beautiful.

MrsGuther
May 10th, 2011, 12:39 PM
That's really pretty! I've never seen braids like that before.

Sharifa
May 10th, 2011, 01:26 PM
That is so pretty and unusual! Thanks for posting the how-to link!

WaitingSoLong
May 10th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I will be glad to waterfall anyone's hair who wants to stop by :)

Mrspuddinhead
May 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Spot on!! I think you did a wonderful job. I find I'm just the opposite. I do a better job of braids on my self then my daughter.

gogirlanime
May 10th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Soooo pretty! I wish I had a ma that would do that for me. I've never seen a waterfall braid but from the looks of it it looks like you did it right, either way it's pretty!!

dragonchickx
May 10th, 2011, 06:27 PM
this is lovely, Id love to try this on my head, but mine tangles easily also.. doesnt matter how much brushing i do.

staryfox6
May 10th, 2011, 06:45 PM
It looks so pretty! (as a child I also didn't like when my mom braided my hair - now I'd love such a braid!)

Looking back at all my school photos I LOVE what my grandmother did to my hair, but I hated it back then.
My grandmother didn't believe little girls should have short hair, so I was a tomboy with tailbone length red hair. The first thing I did out of high school was get a pixie cut. Now I wish I would have kept those long locks. :(

Sunshineliz
May 10th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I think it looks great! (and BTW that video is from a hairstyle website I frequent ALOT)

I think I need to teach my DD to french braid so she can do my hair when I can't see what I am doing. I SO want to try a headband braid or a crown braid but I get too confused on myself. I can whip them right out her her! Unfortunately her idea of "doing my hair" right now involves multiple ponytails and odd english braids here and there. She can experiment, but only if I'm not going anywhere! I need to find their video on french braiding so she can practice.

spidermom
May 10th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I love it!

summerjade
May 10th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Wow! I love it! You did a great job!!

Quezie
May 10th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I've been wanting to try this!

It looks great. (:

WittyWordsmith
May 10th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Your daughter's pretty lucky you're so skilled!

When I was little, whenever my mom couldn't deal with my hair, she simply had it all cut off! LOL. Then I wonder why I never learned how to really handle my long hair...

It's a beautiful braid! Kudos!

arc691
May 11th, 2011, 01:10 AM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies%204/LoveItSmileySplash.gif

It looks terrific!! I'd say you definitely have this one down!

WaitingSoLong
May 11th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Thanks everyone! I can only get her to let me mess with her hair once a month or so. She has to be in the mood, and at 12, that changes constantly. LOL. Her hair does not seem to tangle like mine does, her individual strands are thicker or something. I really want to perfect this on myself. SIGH.

Up until this year she has always wanted her hair cut after about BSL. This is the longest her hair has ever been. I am really surprised she is not over it yet. She is starting to wear it down, too. Ponytails are her go-to style. When it was shorter she did the flips with the claw clips but it is too long and heavy now. One by one all of her friends are cutting their hair and I think there are only a couple girls with longer hair. There is one girl with classic length hair and she and her mom are hair twins as well!

Any suggestions for the next style I can try on her?

Sunshineliz
May 11th, 2011, 08:12 AM
If she likes ponytails and no fuss stuff, maybe try these?

http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/category/teentween-hairstyles/page/5/

http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/twists/hairstyle-video-twistbacks-into-side-ponytail/

Or you could just go to the homepage and browse or follow the links to other hairstyle blogs down on the right side of the page. This one has a teen/tween section and might show ideas she likes.
http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/

Madora
May 11th, 2011, 08:26 AM
@WaitingSoLong...

It looks so beautiful! You did a great job! One of these days, when I'm feelin' really ambitious, I'm gonna take a crack at this!

okiesarah
May 11th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I wish I had a personal hair braider!! :( I'm not very good at braiding, but thanks to your post I tried it out on myself and it turned out ok. Yours looked way better though!

Fufu
May 11th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Very beautiful :)

Sweet Beat
May 11th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Cute :)
Perfect, I think ;)

WaitingSoLong
May 11th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the links SunshineLiz! That is a cool website.

PinkyCat
May 11th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I would love to be able to do this with my curly hair! I gotta figure out how to do this all by my onesie.... :suspect:

LoveMyLongHair
May 11th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the links SunshineLiz! That is a cool website.

They're videos on YouTube are awesome also.....I take a lot of the styles and convert them for myself. I pick and choose, but love to watch every one that she does on her girls.