PDA

View Full Version : Goody Spin Pins and Layers

joyfulheart18
May 10th, 2011, 08:07 AM
For those of you who have or have tried Goody Spin Pins and have layers...do they work for you? I read somewhere about a complaint with the spin pins and layers. I'm currently growing my layers out and I just want to know if buying the spin pins would be a waste if they don't work on layers.

Annibelle
May 10th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I L-O-V-E the spin pins, and though I don't really have purposeful layers, my hair is all different lengths (and with wispy FTEs). I'm not sure if this helps at all, but I'm still throwin' it out there! Spin pins are the ONLY hair accessory I've EVER used that securely holds my hair without pulling. In fact, they're COMFORTABLE.

elbow chic
May 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
probably you'd fare no worse with the spin pins than with every other hair toy known to man. That's just the downside of layers. Spin pins to hold the bulk plus a few bobby pins to tack down the escaping layers works pretty well for me.

joyfulheart18
May 10th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Okay, thanks. :)

pixi_stix
May 11th, 2011, 03:30 AM
I use spin pins on my layered hair with no problem. I still have to use a couple of pins to stop the ends escaping, but nothing but glue would keep them in place

Sundial
May 11th, 2011, 04:49 AM
probably you'd fare no worse with the spin pins than with every other hair toy known to man. That's just the downside of layers. Spin pins to hold the bulk plus a few bobby pins to tack down the escaping layers works pretty well for me.

Agreed! They still hold up my hair well and I don't really mind the escaping layers

joyfulheart18
May 11th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Yeah, layers are hard that way. -sigh- I used to wear my hair down all day every day and so layers were fine, but now that I'm trying to do braids and updos they are driving me crazy.

I'm going to go out and get some spin pins!

HintOfMint
May 11th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I have layers layers EVERYWHERE and those spin pins are still a godsend. Granted you still need some length to hold up, but with BSL length hair, that shouldn't be a problem.

RachieBaby
May 11th, 2011, 10:42 AM
I have almost BSL length hair with shoulder lengthish layers and they are holding my layers in pretty well if im honest! I still have a few sticky out hairs but i get them with nearly every updo I try and there's no more sticky out hairs than normal :)

I only got my spin pins today but they are amazing! Honestly they hold your hair up so well :)

joyfulheart18
May 11th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I'm really on a project to get minimum split ends and breakage and I know putting the hair up is the best way to get to that. I can't do a bun with bobby pins and can't wait to get the spin pins. :) It'll be great. Hopefully I'll get them today and can tell you guys how it went.

Mountaingrrl
May 11th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I have layered hair, and pin pins are my favorite updo tool right now. One style I can make with just two spin pins (and no bobby pins) is a double bun: put the top layer into a half-up bun with one spin pin, then make another bun below it with the other spin pin.

dulce
May 13th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I only have 2 spin pins and they don't hold well for me,how many do you use in your styles?Is it more than 2?

krissykins
May 14th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I find that having the mini spin pins helps secure the layers better than just the larger sized pins.

elbow chic
May 14th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I only have 2 spin pins and they don't hold well for me,how many do you use in your styles?Is it more than 2?

A lot of times I'll start with an elastic around the base of the ponytail and then use the pins to hold up the length. For me, that holds all day long if I want it to.

growingpains
May 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I have layers. I'm MBL at longest pieces and front ones are more like APL/BSL and the shorter top layers are also APL/BSL.

I use one mini spin pin and two criss crossed bobby pins on the very end strands of hair, with no elastic, and my bun holds all day with no pieces sticking out.