PDA

View Full Version : Goody Spin Pins and Styles

joyfulheart18
May 10th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Hi guys...for those of you who have goody spin pins, what kind of updos can they help with? Is it just a bun, or other updos as well?

Annibelle
May 10th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I don't know many hairstyles, so I just use them for simple buns, but I'm sure there are people with lots of style know-how who can help! If you have thick hair (which I don't) you might be able to use them for half-ups or something, since the pins are sort of long (they barely get covered completely by my bun, but I have thin and fine hair).

WaitingSoLong
May 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
The shorter ones can be used for pinned braids (like a false crown braid).

jojo
May 10th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I love screw pins, you can do any bun you like; there a wonderful invention.

I have done an instruction video just to show how easy and quick they are in my blog; but heres the link if your interested. Ignore my voice and stupid faces I pull!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e62FQC1kFb8

WaitingSoLong
May 10th, 2011, 08:33 AM

I have done an instruction video just to show how easy and quick they are in my blog; but heres the link if your interested. Ignore my voice and stupid faces I pull!

JOJO!!! I didn't know you had a video! I wish I could do videos! Your voice is awesome. I HATE my voice. It is "throaty". Great tutorial, too! Ohhh, I have video envy...

amandapage
May 10th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I saw a commercial for these a while back and was so excited when I finally saw them in the store. I was definitely not disappointed! I have long, fine, super-straight hair and I find that with these, I can easily put my hair up in a bun - one is sometimes even enough to do the trick for me.

jojo
May 10th, 2011, 08:44 AM
JOJO!!! I didn't know you had a video! I wish I could do videos! Your voice is awesome. I HATE my voice. It is "throaty". Great tutorial, too! Ohhh, I have video envy...

ha ha your joking my voice is like a mans! not exactly the Queen's English either!! but glad you liked it!

PolythenePam
May 10th, 2011, 08:58 AM

I like that you warned people not to screw them into their skull :pinktongue:

WaitingSoLong
May 10th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I like that you warned people not to screw them into their skull :pinktongue:

ME TOO! I actually Laughed Out Loud.

ha ha your joking my voice is like a mans! not exactly the Queen's English either!! but glad you liked it!

A mans?? No no honey, a sexy womanly voice. Cool accent, too. ;)

jojo
May 10th, 2011, 09:29 AM
I like that you warned people not to screw them into their skull :pinktongue: well you never know :D

ME TOO! I actually Laughed Out Loud.

A mans?? No no honey, a sexy womanly voice. Cool accent, too. ;)

ha I can take that! I sure sound different when I hear myself!:D

vanity_acefake
May 10th, 2011, 09:33 AM
That's brilliant Jojo.
Are you from Yorkshire?
My mums from there and she sounds like a cross between your lovely accent and scottish! She's lived up here for so long but you can still here it. Especially some words like petal and flower that she calls my daughter.
:)

SheaLynne
May 10th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I so need to get some of these! Jojo, your video helped so much because I really didn't know what they looked like and how they work. Definitely on my list of things to try out!

Cowgirl16
May 10th, 2011, 01:08 PM

Thank you so much Jojo! Your video is awesome and I love your bun! :)

I agree with WaitingSoLong; I really like your voice and your accent.