PDA

View Full Version : What's the nicest thing your s/o has done for your hair?

Fencai
June 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM
What's the nicest thing that your significant other, or someone close has done for your hair?

My husband loves to brush and comb my hair. Any time that I get the least bit whiny, dont feel good, or well, just any time, he loves to brush or comb my hair!

Just this morning over breakfast before going to work (at 6am) I asked him how the back of my hair looked. He said "Like it should be combed. I'll do it!" and ran upstairs to get my new wooden comb, came back and gently combed it. He even made sure to make a comment that he wanted to be gentle with the ends!!

There must be others out there who have someone who loves to play! Tell me!!!

Nightshade
June 17th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I am most grateful to have a wonderful fiance who not only is the one entrusted to trimming my hair, he also hennas my roots for me once a month.

Euphony
June 17th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Awww

My hubby hennas my hair for me. He also loves to pet it and always says how soft and long it is when he does it. He'll even braid it if I ask him...except he's a bit clueless on how to braid :smile: I'm thankful I married a man that likes long hair!

Sceleste
June 17th, 2008, 03:55 PM
My spouse doesn't like to play with my hair. I've got him to braid it once but that's about it. But what I love about him is that he understands my hair obsession and doesn't try to change me.

He knows that I always wear my hair up so he waits for me to do my hair when we're going out, and doesn't complain if it takes time.

He also knows I do some kind of treatment every weekend. Once we had just come home from the food store, it was getting late and I hadn't had the chance to do anything with my hair. He made me very happy when he said he will put foods to the fridge and start dinner so I can go do my hair treatment.

He takes part in my hair hobby in these small ways, and I couldn't ask for more!

EDIT: Oh oh, I forgot he trimmed my hair a few weeks ago, and did a fine job :)

rosieposie
June 17th, 2008, 03:56 PM
My wonderful husband helps me oil my hair and buys me lots of hair toys. He just asked me today to show him how to put my hair up so he can help when it gets longer.

kwaniesiam
June 17th, 2008, 03:57 PM
My now ex gave me a trim once. He tried to learn to braid, but failed :lol:

orangeeyecrayon
June 17th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Me and my S/o have not been together for too long, but whenever i do not feel well he likes to run his fingers through my hair

Kirin
June 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM
he puts up with my closet full of product

Philomela
June 17th, 2008, 04:57 PM
DH performed an incredibly perfect dusting on my hair a couple of days ago.

paper
June 17th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Aww cute thread. :heartbeat

My DH touches up my roots for me.

DecafJane
June 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM
DH puts up with my hobby of collecting hairtoys. :)
He also brushes and massages my scalp most nights, and tells my my hair is beautiful. :D

EllisGurl
June 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
My SO does not often touch my hair but he will check for evenness when I self-trim. He does but up with my hair obsession and doesn't make fun of me when I come to bed with a head full of henna :o!!!

Tapioca
June 17th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I broke my arm last summer and my DH helped me wash and detangle it until I could do it myself. Oh, and he buys me hairtoys. Now I just have to teach him to braid so he can do DD's hair when I'm not home.

biggeorge
June 17th, 2008, 06:30 PM
My now ex actually got me started on this journey. She had long hair for many years when we were first married. I mentioned to her at a Christmas party 2 1/2 years ago how nice it would be if she would grow it out again. Her loving reply was "If you want long hair again it's your turn to grow yours down to your a**; I'm done with mine". She never expected I would take her up on it.

And guess which one I still have!

Nat242
June 17th, 2008, 06:39 PM
My SO is very sweet; he has helped me henna the roots at the back of my head...I'm getting good now so he just checks them for me to see if they're well covered. He always compliments my hair, too.

Perhaps the nicest thing he has done was to spend some time playing with my hair and "inventing" new hair styles...see my blog for the wacky results. :cheese::bigtongue:

He is also very tolerant of me coming to bed with all sorts of weird mixes in my hair :D

-- Natalie

Indigo Girl
June 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM
My now ex used to do the following:

- Cassia my hair once a month
- Brush my hair
- Take pics of my hair
- Trim my hair

He was incredibly supportive of my hair care.

Fencai
June 17th, 2008, 07:15 PM
awwww!! I love it!!! Keep the stories coming!

I have that warm *squishy* feeling now! :heartbeat

SweetPea88
June 17th, 2008, 07:46 PM
My wonderful BF of over 5 years has put up with so much of my hair obsession. He actually measures my hair for me (length and thickness) every month and always offers to comb it. I actually told him last night that I finally learned a new updo and he was a little bummed that I didn't send him a picture. I'm just so glad he likes my hair as much as I do! :inlove:

harley mama
June 17th, 2008, 07:58 PM
He has washed (CO) it for me many times. He is a sweetie.

may1em
June 17th, 2008, 10:35 PM
He bought me a blue lotus bright Ficcare Maximas for my birthday. It's amazing, and not something I could have shelled out the money for myself. The most expensive hairtoy I've bought myself is an 8 dollar clip from CVS and I felt bad about that one.

I wear my pretty and strong bright blue ficcare at least twice a week. :)

TheBlondeApple
June 18th, 2008, 06:16 AM
He measures, trims/microtrims, photographs, henna-s my hair, helps me do the Chinese-Bun, has built me a hair-toy-storage for Christmas 07, tolerates all my hair-toys and products and accompanies me to hair-meets.
He comments on my hair, hair-dos and my toys. He helps me fix toys that would be not hair-safe or too long, otherwise.
I'd love him braid my hair, but I guess I'm really spoilt and greedy :D .
Anja

Stevy
June 18th, 2008, 06:21 AM
He washed it for me when I'd just got out of hospital and couldn't face trying to transfer myself and my broken leg into the bath. Admittedly, it was such a fiasco that two days later I vowed I was going to get into that damn bath, but I still really appreciated it.

He's not the sort of person who likes playing with or braiding hair generally, and I'm glad about that - I'm sure it's lovely for couples who like sharing that kind of thing, but I've always been a 'no one touches my hair but me' kind of person.

Also, he bought me Ficcares for my last birthday. :)

eresh
June 18th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Nothing special really, except measure it once and sometimes take a photo.
It's usually me who frechbraided his hair into a herringbone (when he still had long hair on top, and shaven around)
Or nowadays check if he shaved if head equally.

I don't want him to wash it or brush it.
Nah, I rather take care of my own hair, no fussing over me please.
I'd make me happier if he brings me tea or something :-)

BlackfootHair
June 18th, 2008, 06:39 AM
he puts up with my closet full of product

hahaha... Like this??

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/blackfoot_hair/Shampoos/hairwoes024.jpg

Yeah, mine puts up with my hair products too. I'm grateful for that. :)

lora410
June 18th, 2008, 06:47 AM
lets see my fiancee deals with all the below

Trims
helps with cassia or any other wacky treamtent I have going on
measures my hair
photographs it
deals with my product and hairtoy obsession
doesn't complain when I got odd smelling hair from one thing for another :lol:

SweetPea88
June 18th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Blackfoothair I'd say you have your own nice little store right there! :D

Loreyanne_H
June 18th, 2008, 07:58 AM
My boyfriend lends me his Paypal, and opens his eyes wide in marvel every time I wear a something I bought with it on my hair :)

Aisha25
June 18th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Wow:love:! I would love to go play in Blackfoothairs' closet.

Belisama
June 18th, 2008, 11:14 AM
My significant other hennas my roots for me without complaint and often comments that my hair always looks nice. :D

Alaia
June 18th, 2008, 11:22 AM
He washes my hair when I'm ill or feeling bad, and massages my scalp too :D

BlackfootHair
June 18th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Wow:love:! I would love to go play in Blackfoothairs' closet.

hahahha...you should see my make up case. But then again...that's another story.

Aisha25
June 18th, 2008, 04:14 PM
hahahha...you should see my make up case. But then again...that's another story.
Woah.. would love to get my hands on that too :eyebrows:!

Ndnlady
June 21st, 2008, 03:48 PM
Aaaaaw! What a cute thread!:)
My dh runs his fingers through my hair and tells me how long and pretty it is, and then massages my scalp for me. He has told me he refuses to braid, but I have gotten him to braid my hair twice before I went to bed (one of those times he actually volunteered!):heart: And he washed my hair once!
He is also very supportive in my hair toy collection and compliments my new hairtoys when they arrive in the mail!:)

Patrycja
June 21st, 2008, 04:09 PM
You girls/guys are so lucky :)
I guess you can say mine buys me hairtoys.

Gladtobemom
June 21st, 2008, 04:44 PM
DH likes to comb my hair. He's even washed it on occaision (like too pregnant to do anything but lay in the tub).

But what I like the best is that he's learning to braid. He makes perfect braids.

LongForLife
June 21st, 2008, 04:55 PM
My hubby comes over and braids my hair without warning. :D He isn't always perfectly gentle as he has big hands, but I don't mind, as it is such a sweet gesture. I didn't even have to teach him how... he already knew how to braid. :)

LongForLife
June 21st, 2008, 04:56 PM
Yup, I should have mentioned that too... my hubby loves to wash my hair. :)

zanne
June 23rd, 2008, 07:50 AM
The nicest thing DBF has done for my hair is to stop brushing it. I hated to tell him no, and it was sooo sweet that he wanted to, but he would rip that BBB through my hair like their were demons after it, no matter how many appreciatively gentle suggestions that he lighten up a bit. I have to admit, it still felt really good, but at the same time i was cringeing every stroke....riiiip.. He hasn't done it for a long time, the hairbrushing stopped after the "courtship period" (we've been together about 4 1/2 yrs now). my hair is relieved, but i think i might miss it:)

froglet
June 23rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
My husband has paid for ever hair toy and Jessicurl order I have ever bought, and he does it all with good humor. He is also my official hair trimmer and does an excellent job!
But most of all, he loves my hair as I love it and he understands how important its care is to me. He never begrudges me a thing including how much time I spend on LHC! :D

burns_erin
June 23rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
He washes my hair for my when I am sick.

He helps me manage my hair when we are sleeping. I twist my hair (like I am going to bun it) and throw it over my pillow at night when I do not feel like wearing it up. Since I am a restless sleeper I frequently wake up and have to redo (I wake up because I am an insomniac, I redo it because it is down and I am already awake. He caught on to what I was doing so now if he wakes up and it is dow,n he will gently twist it back up and lay it over the pillow. He goes really slow and takes a long time because he does not want to wake me up, so when it does wake me up I just lay there and pretend I am still asleep.

Nynaeve
June 23rd, 2008, 12:39 PM
My fiancee loves to brush, comb, braid, and otherwise play with my hair. He's the best. :)
He also encourages my growth and helps me take care of it when he can, and puts up with and even encourages my love for all natural stuff. He puts up with me loving hairtoys too, and even puts up with my showing them all to him. :D

PrincessColene
March 22nd, 2009, 03:45 PM
I was hospitalized for a really long time (nearly 3 months) with a few back to back surgeries. I was almost always out of it on medication. Several times I woke up and found my hair had been freshly washed and he was in the process of braiding it "so it won't get all tangled" :crush:

IndigoInk
March 22nd, 2009, 06:46 PM

He helps me manage my hair when we are sleeping. I twist my hair (like I am going to bun it) and throw it over my pillow at night when I do not feel like wearing it up. Since I am a restless sleeper I frequently wake up and have to redo (I wake up because I am an insomniac, I redo it because it is down and I am already awake. He caught on to what I was doing so now if he wakes up and it is dow,n he will gently twist it back up and lay it over the pillow. He goes really slow and takes a long time because he does not want to wake me up, so when it does wake me up I just lay there and pretend I am still asleep.

This one is so sweet! They all really are :)

DH is super supportive and helps out however he can, this is still pretty new to me so it's mostly been helping me take pictures, measure and gauge the effectiveness of new treatments/products. He also lets me oil his hair and brush it...he has very coarse, curly italian hair that he keeps mostly shaved but I keep telling him that if he would wash his hair with something other than shower gel it might not be itchy! LOL,

JamieLeigh
March 22nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
I enjoy having mine brushed. :o But I think the nicest thing DH has done for me is to NOT make fun of me or question my sanity when he comes into the kitchen to see me mixing foodstuffs together in a bowl, and think it's something yummy I'm making for him to eat.....only to find out it's really for my hair! :D

catfish
March 22nd, 2009, 11:42 PM
Great thread;) I am fortunete enough that my man will play with my hair and brush it sometimes and will wash it too, but I really love it when he braids it for me, he is so gentle.:D It's such a loving gesture when he does that.

Rebelkat
March 22nd, 2009, 11:57 PM
:inlove: AWW! What a cute thread!

My DBF gives me scalp massages and wants to learn how to help me style my hair. We're working on braiding right now. He also puts up with me only washing it a couple of times a week and the scent of the various oils that I put in it. He's also being a bit of a hair-toy addiction enabler *he actually wants to buy me some for my bday if he has enough money*. I'm a lucky woman! :D

ReddishRocks
March 23rd, 2009, 12:18 AM
My husband scrubbed all the accumulated hair goo out of my bath tub AND yanked a monstrous rat of hair from the drain so that I could wash my hair after having hip surgery. :) He helped me into the tub and stayed in the bathroom the whole time, handing me various products and implements.

AND he tolerates all the time I spend on hair boards, plus the money I spend on it all. ;) He'll look at photos of hair, toys, and whatever else I ask him to. He even thought that me making flax seed gel in the kitchen would be a good idea (he's the major cook in the house, so allowing me to make a mess in his domain is major!).

LHGypsyRose
March 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
What's the nicest thing that your significant other, or someone close has done for your hair?

My husband loves to brush and comb my hair. Any time that I get the least bit whiny, dont feel good, or well, just any time, he loves to brush or comb my hair!

Just this morning over breakfast before going to work (at 6am) I asked him how the back of my hair looked. He said "Like it should be combed. I'll do it!" and ran upstairs to get my new wooden comb, came back and gently combed it. He even made sure to make a comment that he wanted to be gentle with the ends!!

There must be others out there who have someone who loves to play! Tell me!!!

Awww you have an awesome hubby! :)

gmdiaz
March 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
Hmmmm. . .the sweetest thing? We've been together a long time. . .

He's washed my hair when I was sick or all down trodden.

He turns a blind eye. . .to the FedEx packages with hair toys in them.

He is a sport about acting interested when I show him a new bun style I learned how to do. His performance is almost is believable. lol

He did NOT even snicker when he saw me in a FRUMPY CHEAP & UGLY white shower cap, while my hair was soaking in conditioner.

He gives me scalp messages while we watch movies, if I lay my head in his lap.

And he trims and measures my hair when I ask him to.

He's got hair almost as long as mine, and it's beautiful, so I guess he's not all that impressed with mine but he does like it. lolol

AmyJorgensen
March 23rd, 2009, 05:15 PM
My DH helps me pick out hair toys and buys me whatever oils/products I ask for. He also strokes my hair while cuddling.

ElizaSea
March 23rd, 2009, 11:17 PM
My husbean will wipe up the henna where I can't reach after I henna my hair. He also likes to tug (gently!) on my braid, and tell me how pretty my hair is. When I wear it down, he will pet it and rub my scalp for me sometimes. Not only that, but he puts up with all my weird hair stuff too. :D

LittleOrca
March 23rd, 2009, 11:55 PM
My fiance helped me wash it when I was ill and wants to learn how to braid so if I am sick again he can braid it for me. :crush: He gives me lots of praise on it and doesn't mind that I am "vain" about my hair.

RancheroTheBee
March 24th, 2009, 12:46 AM
It never ends.

He combs my hair. He gives me scalp massages. He promised to buy me a seamless wooden comb and henna for our anniversary. He didn't laugh when I said I put monistat in my hair. He compliments me.

He's too nice. ^_^

hanne jensen
March 24th, 2009, 01:11 AM
My DH dusts my hair for me. He also measures my hair.

Samitra
March 24th, 2009, 02:22 AM
DBF was the one who helped me taking the desicion to grow my hair long, and when it was in an awkward state he kept telling me I looked pretty, and that I should wait at least another month before chopping. He loves to play with my hair, detangle it and touching it. In the beginning he just ripped through all the tangles , but now he's very gentle. :heartbeat

dulce-de-leche
March 24th, 2009, 05:18 AM
I'm so jelous!!!my hubby won't do anything for my hair except for help me measure once a month. :(

Arctic
March 24th, 2009, 05:24 AM
I think the nicest thing he does is to listen to me talking hair, lol! And taking notice, and complimenting my hair styles.

Loviatar
March 24th, 2009, 06:41 AM
My BF:

evened out my u-shape twice after I mistrimmed
measures for me monthly
takes all my hair pictures and doesnt complain
puts up with random sticks all over the place
talked me down from a drastic chop
talked me down from a drastic dye disaster waiting to happen

oh and he suggested I buy a sleep bonnet even though I thought I would look idiotic in one and not look pretty... he thinks it would be cute :)

However, the nicest thing he has done is made it clear that if I lost my hair, for example like to chemo or something (there but for the grace of God) he would not see me as any less of a beautiful person.

fishwich
March 24th, 2009, 07:51 PM
My husband looks honestly, genuinely delighted when I joke that eventually I'll be able to walk down the hall and have the cats ride my hair. And he laughs when he finds a four-foot hair in his underthings.

lailmil
March 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM
my Taliesin makes me photos and sometimes helps me in hairstyling my hair ♥

longhairedfairy
March 25th, 2009, 03:09 PM
This looks like a nice thread:)
I don't have a SO:(

princess
March 25th, 2009, 03:11 PM
DH takes out tangles from my young DD's hair and genly combs it. He has more patience than me with both kids. Because both have long thick hair.

My hair is no big deal. Because it doe not tangle so much as the thickness has reduced and it is easy to comb it myself.

JamieRose
March 25th, 2009, 03:18 PM
One of my best guy friends gives me scalp massages on demand. They feel so much better when someone else does them :P

My SO doesn't do much.. However, he puts up with my new found obsession, so that has to count for something.

sherigayle
March 25th, 2009, 04:42 PM
The best thing he does is put up with all the shed hairs without complaining, especially the ones slimy with conditioner that I forget in the drain. He also bought me a beautiful bronze hair cage for our anniversary last year that was a perfect fit for my bun. And he never mentions all the money I spend on hair toys and products. Which can sometimes be quite a lot.

marzipanthecat
March 26th, 2009, 09:16 AM
My husband will sit down and carefully brush my hair out if it gets a knot and I am going crazy and am about to start ripping it out with the hairbrush. This does tend to happen if I've been out on a windy day.

He's really good about brushing it out anyway.

lil_irish_angel
March 27th, 2009, 06:34 AM
My hubby loves to put the henna in my hair and he does it so nice and neat. And he will brush it from time to time.

cobblersmaid
March 27th, 2009, 07:08 AM
He henna's it for me!

joyfulmom4
March 27th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I'm at a loss to think of anything here.

The only "nice" thing I can think of that anyone has ever done for me re: my hair was that this Christmas my in-laws gave me a Ficcare and a bottle of Moroccan Oil.

How odd to think that the nicest thing anybody ever did in this regard was a Christmas gift from my in-laws. And the Ficcare was on my "wish list". They always get us gifts directly from our wish lists. But the oil was an original idea. I'm rather impressed with them.

But still, to think that's the only thing I could come up with... I suddenly feel rather sad... :(

Arctic
March 29th, 2009, 05:57 AM
But still, to think that's the only thing I could come up with... I suddenly feel rather sad... :(

Don't feel sad: my fiance is very indifferent to hair (mine or in general). I always think it this way: He loves me what ever hair style I have, or no hair at all :blossom:

Finoriel
March 29th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Nothing.
:p Really that´s the best thing he can do for my hair. I love him, but he´s just not the most finemotorically skilled person.

joyfulmom4
March 29th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Don't feel sad: my fiance is very indifferent to hair (mine or in general). I always think it this way: He loves me what ever hair style I have, or no hair at all :blossom:

:) THanks. That's a good point.

CindyLea1
March 29th, 2009, 06:06 PM
My DH LOVES to wash my hair for me. He gets all bent out of shape if he goes to long with out messing with it.

He also spent hours putting in microbraids for me once. I'll have to find a picture and post in my album.

My kids, love to brush it for me. I make sure the tangles are out, then flop it over the back of the couch, or a chair and they fight over who gets to brush it next! LOL

vindo
March 29th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Umh...got off it when he accidentally sat on it??

My husband does not do anything nice for my hair really..

Aisha25
March 29th, 2009, 06:33 PM
My boyfriend would touch them and put them into ponytail and just rub my hair like I was a cat. The nicest thing would be when he say to me that they are looking like the night sky and my shine was like the moon and that they are feeling better than silk:agape: I couldnt believe it, he never say anything about them before:bigeyes:! I said wow thanks,I think its the henna:lol:

xeternalsilence
March 29th, 2009, 07:49 PM
My BF payed for half of my coconut oil... That's about it, really. :(

kwaniesiam
March 29th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Went out of his way to photoshop some pics of my hair black because in a fit of madness I was considering dying it :bigeyes:

intothemist1999
March 29th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Well, he hasn't really done much besides trim it for me, which is a wonderful thing because I don't have to try and do it myself, and I know he's not going to cut too much off because there's no such thing as "too long" for him!

joyfulmom4
March 31st, 2009, 07:34 PM
Hey, I just thought of something. I was saying before I felt kinda sad my dh never does anything nice for my hair. But I remembered a time. :)

We got married in Jamaica. I had my hair braided in all those little tiny braids (cornrows?) with beads. I was going to wear it that way for our wedding, but the night before, I decided against it. It was cute, but it just wasn't "me", iykwim. I wanted my hair long and flowing loose. So I started unbeading and unbraiding it. It was a fair amount of work, even though my hair wasn't quite as long then as now (maybe hip?). Dh offered to help me take the braids out. And he gently and patiently worked with me to remove all the beads and unbraid all those little teeny braids that I had been running around and swimming in for days. If you've ever had your hair done that way, you know what I am talking about. It's a pitb to take out. But dh was really sweet in helping. And I love my hair in my wedding photos. :D

AutumnSky
March 31st, 2009, 07:43 PM
What a great thread!

DBF brings me the pitcher with a glug of ACV in it when I'm already in the shower and forgot to grab it. ;-p

Must teach him to braid.... yesss......

Rosepatrice
March 31st, 2009, 08:14 PM
He has never pulled it, nor has he divorced me for smelling like vinegar after a good shampoo and vinegar rinse!! love Rosepatrice

camirra555
March 31st, 2009, 08:44 PM
Awww that is so sweet!!!

intothemist1999
March 31st, 2009, 09:54 PM
DBF brings me the pitcher with a glug of ACV in it when I'm already in the shower and forgot to grab it. ;-p

Oh, I forgot, since it's been such a long time since I did a rinse...my hubby does that, too. Somtimes it's tea and he has to take the chill out in the microwave, too :)

Elenna
April 1st, 2009, 12:19 AM
My dh loves long hair on me. He is so happy that I'm growing it long again.

saxgirl
April 1st, 2009, 01:15 AM
The guy I was dating back in 2007 washed my hair for me while I was in the hospital going through cancer treatments (mild chemo that didn't make me go bald). I felt really sorry for him because I was being a total pain. I was being picky about how he washed it. I also had to sit in a shower chair and lean way back because I had no immune system and a chest tube site that was not allowed to get wet. The flood we created in my hospital room was pretty funny. The nurse came in, stared at the floor, and said "I won't ask; I'll just go call housekeeping."

Same guy different day met all of my hairy friends when they descended on Dallas and didn't think we were all crazy!

Fethenwen
April 1st, 2009, 01:23 AM
My boyfriend is so happy that I am growing my hair long again. He's the type that thinks that girls are meant to have long hair, I agree :) Short hair does not suit me at all, I only need to look at pics where I had short hair to remind me *shudders*
He likes to pet my hair and brush it, he's a bit clumsy, but gentle.

Fifty-Five
April 1st, 2009, 02:22 AM
My ex used to ask me to brush and play with her hair on a regular basis. Mind you, I didn't have much hair at all back then, so the idea of a ponytail was a skill far beyond my comprehension, one that was bred into women only xP Haha. Eventually, I learned, and she kept asking me to braid her hair because she can't do it herself. I guess word spread among mutual friends, so even now, despite she and I breaking up, I still get some of our friends asking me to play with their hair xD I guess few guys in my area do it? =P

Sha-na-na
April 1st, 2009, 02:25 AM
My boyfriend tells me that if I ever cut my hair, he will leave me. : )

He is kidding of course. He also grabs it and whips me with it : ) : )

enfys
April 2nd, 2009, 10:11 AM
This thread is cute! I feel all gooey inside.

The best thing my fiance did I think was tell me to grow it. I thought when he said he loved long hair that he meant like normal people, BSL, like mine was, but after two years I finally got it out of him that he meant long loooooong hair, tailbone at least.

He measures it, massages it, plaits it, brushes it, strokes it, moves it out of the way so he doesn't squish it in bed, takes me to buy odd things for it in Indian supermarkets, ignores it when I've oiled it to slick or got rollers in, and tells me it's beautiful like me! The last one means the most.

The best thing I do for his hair? Cut it off haha. Looking at photos he knows full well it looks a lot better now at half an inch than it did longer, and feels better all fuzzy. And I do it with more care and effort than any barber. He totally believes that men have short hair, girls have long hair and I'm not going to argue!

We like hair. It brings us closer.

Fairlight63
April 3rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
My DH doesn't like long hair. So if he doesn't say anything about my hair (telling me to cut it, or saying that it makes me look old) then it is a good day. So - him saying nothing about my hair is good.

orbiting
April 3rd, 2009, 10:19 PM
Since we met, my fiance has given me scalp massages. In fact the first night we met, he massaged my scalp. I swear it's when I fell in love with him. ;)

He washes it when I'm sick or tired. He is usually the one who detangles it (I'm not gentle enough), he'd trim it for me if I asked, he sometimes makes attempts at braiding it, he brushes it and compliments me and when I get frustrated and start brandishing shears he takes them away.

His hair is the exact same length, and I also give him scalp massages, wash his hair, comb it, braid it, etc...

WelshLocks
April 3rd, 2009, 10:24 PM
My grandma gave me her curlers from her mom.So those things are older than my grandmpther!My grandma said her mom used them in the 20s and 30s!I love them because it makes my bangs all curly and cute.I'll have to get some pictures up sometime. :)

Rosepatrice
April 3rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
My DH buys me my favorite hair care products and never complains about how much they cost ( I have very expensive tastes) and never complains that my hair products and toys are taking over the bathroom closet area. To me that is very sweet of him...

Norai
April 9th, 2009, 09:45 AM
He got more excited than I did about me deciding to take better care of my hair. Leapt with joy when I went out and bought hair and nails vitamins, a bone comb, and henna/cassia.

Didn't realize he actually cared what my hair looked like, hehe. Helped me pause/play all the bun how-to videos while I tried to do the styles simultaneously. ;)

windswept
April 9th, 2009, 09:55 AM
SO cassias my hair, and he trims it. He'll also dye it for me, when I finally get sick enough of my greys to take that step. He's the best. :love:

windinherhair
May 19th, 2009, 06:21 PM
He has not really "done" anything for my hair. He gives me a lot of nice compliments which really highlight my day, so that has to count! :) Anytime I have ever joked about getting it cut short, he makes it clear how he wouldn't want me to do that. :)

ladylibra
May 20th, 2009, 09:17 AM
He gives me scalp massages. :D

rogue_psyche
May 23rd, 2009, 01:42 AM
The BF very willingly hennas my hair. He's very thorough and patient. He also lets me yammer on about my hair on a daily basis.

lovelygirl8315
May 27th, 2009, 02:00 AM
my fiancée doesn't like hair treatments, he says that what i am doing is unuseful
even if i have good results

Nanni
June 1st, 2009, 01:17 PM
My BF gives me a scalp massage from time to time if I ask nicely.

Wavelength
June 1st, 2009, 01:33 PM
My hubby will henna my hair anytime I ask (although I'm just doing root touchups these days, and those I can do myself). He's very interested in my hair care experiments and helps me out if I need an extra hand. If he sees that I'm getting a migraine, he'll comb it and braid it for me because I get completely uncoordinated just before the headache hits. He braids his own hair too, so he's gotten very good at braiding. :D

We trim each other's hair when needed.

bridgetsgirl
June 5th, 2009, 08:57 PM
My husband (aka Bridget ;) ) will brush it and run his fingers through it. He was thrilled to hear that I've decided to grow it long again, he says he misses my long hair - even though the longest he's seen on me is between APL and BSL. He's also supportive of the "crazy" stuff I'm trying and planning to try...but then he's supportive of my interests in general.

God I miss him ;_;

LittleOrca
June 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM
My DF bought me a ficcare. 'Nuff said ;)

Flynn
June 5th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Sometimes he strokes it... and he plays with my braid tassel...

I love combing/brushing and playing with his hair, though. ^___^

winter_star
June 6th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Brushes it!

Speckla
June 7th, 2009, 06:05 PM
He cut off 4+" inches for me.

catekat
June 7th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Awww.. This cute thread makes me miss my DBF terribly. He likes to use his fingers to detangle my hair and seperate my curls. He usually ends up making knots, but it's sweet nonetheless.

Absinthegelatin
June 9th, 2009, 09:39 PM
He stayed with me even when I was completely bald from shaving all my damaged hair off (and he
has hair down to his mid-back area)...
He was pissed but he still loved me as a complete baldie.

On a side note, when we first met I brushed all his hair out. I think it is sooo beautiful and I love men with long hair!

jtl45
June 10th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I am lucky to have a great girlfriend that likes my hair long more than I actually do it seems at times. :)
Usually on a weekend she will really be very sweet and wash and condition it for me. Her hair is short but growing out and I think she is looking forward to having her hair long again and so am I.
As for now, I seem to be the beneficiary of all her missed hair rituals which is nice. Braids, buns and the occasional rollers are enjoyable for both of us.
Jim

MoonMaiden90
June 10th, 2009, 12:22 PM
He adores it.
He supports me in its growth.
:crush:

Vermelha
July 29th, 2009, 09:59 AM
He buys all my hair care products ^_^ (I'm soooo lucky!)

EtherealOde
July 29th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Mine has done my roots, and washed my hair. he measures for me, and tells me I need a real do-rag for my hair instead of this silk scarf I wear that sometimes slips off at night. He doesn't complain about the experiments I do with making hair treatments, and doesn't complain about what they cost either.

He will sometimes play with my hair when he isn't aware of what he's doing. I love him to pieces.

sweet*things
July 29th, 2009, 03:11 PM
He doesn't complain nearly as much as he could when I've destroyed the vacuum cleaner with my hair....again.:o

And recently he told me to stop messing with my hair color with honey lightening because it's already beautiful. :)

However, I do hope the replacement parts for the vacuum get here soon, because his patience starts to wear out as the floor gets dirtier. ;)

xovictoryxo
July 29th, 2009, 05:13 PM
washes it. combs it. trims the ends. cuts my bangs, braids it.
Im lucky I have a barber for a fiance :) :)

Gumball
July 29th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Mine has run the gamut. She's helped me trim it, untangle it, and style it. Here's to you, bubbleguppy! My hair fought me every step of the way when trying to learn to french/dutch braid my own hair (on someone else it isn't a problem). Eventually I just gave up, taught her, and she obliges me on occasion now.

Bereft
July 29th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Mine braids my hair for me, buys me new hair toys on occasion, and plays with it if its down when we cuddle. I usually make him stop that, if I have somewhere to be the next day that I want my hair down for, I'm vain like that. I think he may have helped me wash it before, but that could have just been a dream hehe! When he gets home from Iraq, I'm going to have him help me with hennindigo-ing my roots, though, mostly cause he's the only one who loves me enough to do it without bribery! :(

chamogirl
July 31st, 2009, 03:08 PM
He never did one blessed thing for me when I had long hair.

masterofmidgets
July 31st, 2009, 03:19 PM
I don't have a S/O, but my mom loves to play with my hair and help me practice new updos. And when I went over there last week, she gave me a pair of beautiful metal hairsticks she got a friend to make for me - she didn't even know what hairsticks were until I explained it to her!

My dad doesn't really get all the stuff I do with my hair, and he teases me about it sometimes, but when he took me back to school last fall, he bought me about twenty bottles of conditioner to take with me, so I would have enough to last me the whole school year. I thought that was pretty sweet of him.

Lilli
July 31st, 2009, 05:29 PM
He always tells me my hair looks great even when I have had some awful haircuts. Come to think of it, this means I can never trust his opinion! I might look ridiculous and he will never say it!!

silverspun
September 8th, 2009, 12:26 AM
My bf touches my hair all the time, just sort of pets me, and i consider that a compliment seeing as how my hair is chin length and he actually has longer hair than me now...

Aer
September 8th, 2009, 12:45 AM
My husband totally babies me and my hair. He trims it, layers it, brushes it, oils it, braids it, puts it in a bun for me every night. He's good to me everyday, but he bought me a some Aveda treatment stuff, it was pricey, he didn't say anything about that, I found out the price later.

Gingevere
September 8th, 2009, 05:53 PM
:inlove: Aw, I love reading the posts on this thread. No S/O for me (not a big deal, I'm busy with school!) but my roommate does give me lots of compliments. And she lets me borrow little hair bands for braiding without expecting them back. Which is good, since she usually never sees them again!

Dolly
September 9th, 2009, 05:28 AM
When I was at my fiancee's house a few weeks ago, we had been working outside all day, and when it was shower time, I made the comeent that my arms were so sore and tired that I didn't feel like washing my hair.....BUT it SO needed it! He gently and lovingly washed my hair with one of my CV shampoo bars, complete with vinegar rinse and conditioner. He did a really good job, especially with getting the conditioner all distributed through the ends (when my hair gets wet, it gets in a big clump that does not want to be separated.....you have to really work in (GENTLY) the conditioner).

Little_Bird
September 9th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Such cute thing to do! Usually people will not even touch my hair because they know how picky I am about it, but the truth is, I love when people play with my hair...

Oh well... If I should share a story, I had a classmate who used to play with my hair during computer classes, and would tell me she had no idea how I kept it so soft and shiny...

:p

metalgypsy85
September 9th, 2009, 10:33 AM
My boyfriend gives the best scalp massages ever. It's the most relaxing thing in the world. Also, he washed my hair once in the shower. Seriously, man hands really do the job when it comes to my hair, lol.

Hiriel
September 9th, 2009, 11:37 AM
My boyfriend trims my hair for me if I want him to (am going to trim less!), and he measures and takes pictures of it. And when I asked him if I'd look strange with hair past my butt, he just said that he likes long hair, and I should grow it as long as it'd go :)

Esperanza
September 9th, 2009, 08:50 PM
My DH cleans my brushes for me, and cleans out the shower drain without complaining a bit. He may comment on how much hair he pulled out, but it is almost as if he is bragging about it. Recently I was explaining to him why I need to wear my hair up so much, when I know he likes it down. He suddenly got very serious, and said, "Honey, I like YOUR hair any way!"

:)(We've been married for 43 years.)

KaasKnot
September 9th, 2009, 09:39 PM
My DBF really likes my hair, but tends to keep quiet about it. Every now and then he'll reach out and stroke it, or brush it with his fingers. His face when he does that is so cute, it's almost like wonder. Once he brushed out my hair for me (it was a snaggy mess and I was getting too frustrated to do it), and was so tender about it, so careful. :heartbeat

kmangus
September 11th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Aww!!!
Well, my boyfriend has a hair obsession....so he plays with it....helpes me with my henna (now cassia/buxos), combs my hair, braids it.....i do remember the first time we henna'ed my hair together...he said it smelled like eggs and then said we should add mayo to my head and make an egg salad! :) hes so cute i love him to death! This past weekend he mastered the 4 strand braid....he was so happy...it was like a huge accomplishment for him :)

twolunarspring
September 11th, 2009, 06:14 PM
My husband henna and brushes my hair for me. The latter makes me purr like a kitty :D

mira-chan
September 12th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Tanuki has braided my hair, and has given me very pretty Kanzashi. :inlove:

consarnit
September 13th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Mine compliments my hair a lot, buys me hairtoys and on occasion, if I ask will play with my hair/give me scalp massages.
I mostly do stuff for her hair though, a couple of years ago she used to have dreadlocks and she coerced me into spending a whole day putting them in, I did all the maintenance, then eighteen months later I spent two days combing them all out.
Post dreadlocks I trim it, give scalp massages, occasionaly wash it, oil it, dust the ends, braid it, pretty much everything, because she claims to be inept. I love playing with her hair, so I like that she lets me do everything.

Medievalmaniac
September 13th, 2009, 04:55 AM
My husband has pretty much either ignored the whole thing or gently mocked me for the sudden hair obsession and onslaught of hairtoys since I joined LHC. But yesterday, he took the girls shopping while I researched a paper I'm presenting at a medieval conference. When he came home, he said "You're not going to believe what I found for you." He actually looked excited!! They had gone to a Big Lots (a sort of discount store stateside) and found these packets of Goody's hairtoys with about 5-6 different items in each, for $2.99 a bag (retail value about $20.00) Some of it wasn't much good, but there were some really beautiful barrettes and clips, very Victorian/ Renaissance- y, and a fantastic metal claw (I'll have to make sure the seams on it are smooth, but it is reeeaaaallllyyyy pretty! :) ) I was just so touched that he thought to even look, much less buy...he never ever buys things for me! :)

squee
December 6th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I know this thread is old, but it is so sweet! :o

My DBF pets my hair and says it's pretty, he does not complain much when my hair suffocates him when we cuddle, he just moves. He also doesn't mind my hair oils and not washing it often. :)

InTheCity
December 6th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Last night I was undressing and my hair was feeling kinda long. So I tilted my head back and asked him "how does my hair look?" Pause and I added "use just one word."

He goes "long..... and thick!"
Long was what I was going for of course but he knows I had a little break down about my hair being thin a few weeks ago. So sweet!

Wicked Princess
December 8th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Oooh...I'm glad this thread was dragged back up - it's fun!

My fiance likes to comb my hair, and "pet" me in the evenings...it helps get me to sleep a bit more easily. :) Now he teases me about being his pet cat.

He'll also do my braids for me, when I'm too tired to do it myself in the mornings. :D I couldn't ask for anything more!

Kirzja
December 13th, 2009, 01:56 PM
He likes to run his fingers through my hair, make me little compliments about the colour & smoothness.
Sometimes he braids a part of my hair, just to play with it.

greygoth
December 13th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Tonight my husband ran to find a scrunchie and put my hair in a pony tail - apparently it was about to fall into either a pan of sauteed onions or the gas flame.

francismary
December 13th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Sad to say, not much. Not even when I turned into a readhead a couple of weeks ago (from dk brown). Not a word. The gals at work raved about it, though:D. But then again, he's the silent type. :rolleyes:

DakarNick
December 26th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Bringing back the thread...

I'm a fiancee of a long hair, even if it is only 20", it will get longer!

I think, in my case, it's me that likes to play with her hair and usually asks to play with it, rather than the other way around. I don't think and of her ex-boyfriends really cared much about it.

I'll brush, comb, braid, do updos, trim, wash, run my fingers through it, massage her scalp, etc.

I bought her a crimper for a stocking stuffer for Christmas. She unwrapped it and said, "Honey, you bought YOURSELF a crimper?" Ha, she could go without it, but knows I like it.

She puts up with me and my funky styles, but won't go out in public with it, haha. But, she loves my double French braids, so I like to do those.

Here is a link to some of my styles, haha. :D

Aries_jb
December 27th, 2009, 11:30 AM
For one of my birthdays, my SO bought me a bouquet of red roses and then placed about five sets of hair sticks throughout the bouquet. It looked so pretty and I thought the image of him searching for hairsticks that he thought I would like and placing them inside the bouquet was so sweet :).

hanne jensen
December 28th, 2009, 03:10 AM
My DH applies monostat to the back of my head for me. He also dusts my hair for me.