PDA

View Full Version : Itchy scalp help

ReluctantlyCurl
May 9th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Hi all,

In just the slightest of panics at the moment...every now and then ( or at least that is when I notice it), I get really itchy scalp. My brain always goes to lice. I have had lice once, about 10 years ago, but never with long hair. And, quite frankly, I have tried to forget about it.

I guess my question to this forum is, could I be mistaking lice for something like Dandruff? Whenever I get worried that it is lice, I comb through my hair, and while some fuzz and what looks like skin cells come through, I don't find a bug (I do remember seeing something moving in my brush, all those years ago), which makes me feel better. But, I got mad itching :)

Any advice?

Firefox7275
May 9th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Why not get your scalp looked at by your doctor or a pharmacist next time you get a bad attack of the itchies? You need a nit comb to remove head lice or eggs.

jojo
May 9th, 2011, 10:06 AM
If you get a fine toothed comb, toss your hair forward and place a white sheet of paper under and comb gently you will see any bits which fall off. Headlice is very easy to spot and is easily treated by non-chemical ways. Tea tree oil added in your shampoo will help get rid of them and then lots and I mean lots of cheap conditioner and then combing while the conditioner is still in hair will help loosen any nits or eggs which the lice "glue" to the hair shalf. The tea treee oil will also help with the itchies.